trireme troubles

ceaserhall

Chieftain
Now I know triremes are flimsy things and easy to founder, but how about losing one while in port? In my case, the trireme was in port in a city built on a one square island. My guess is that once a city is built, the square with the city is no longer considered 'land' by the game.

R.Hall
ceaserhall

Now I know triremes are flimsy things and easy to founder, but how about losing one while in port? In my case, the trireme was in port in a city built on a one square island. My guess is that once a city is built, the square with the city is no longer considered 'land' by the game.

R.Hall
ceaserhall

i feel you are off base here -- a square is of course still considered land if it is solid below

perhaps, and my trireme was fine beside the single square before the city was built, but then foundered when 'in port' within the city.

R.Hall
ceaserhall
"Be good, and if you can't be good, have a good lawyer."

That is a known unfortunate bug. If you have turns left and fortify the trireme inside the 1-tile city then it would not sink.

Happened to me once too. The "next-to" issue trumps the "in city" status. Bummer for those one-tile islands. If you park your trireme "next-to" the city it will float (it sees the land under the city). Maybe the island is Krakatoa with a giant sinkhole in the middle of the harbor...

Happened to me once too. The "next-to" issue trumps the "in city" status. Bummer for those one-tile islands. If you park your trireme "next-to" the city it will float (it sees the land under the city). Maybe the island is Krakatoa with a giant sinkhole in the middle of the harbor...

It's my Greek city of Megara. Perhaps I should rename it Thera. (chuckles)

Thanks everyone for the discussion and info.

RHall
ceaserhall

"No time for love, Dr. Jones."

Thera (the real island) = Atlantis (the mythical island)

Top Bottom