Tristius of Elevest - 3d animated dual-era leaderhead w/ pcx

Varlin Saliptor

Does not hate the future.
This is High Protector Tristius of Elevest from the fantasy mod I am working on. I suppose he could also find work as an african leaderhead too, though with only two eras I am not sure how well that would work. :p

Background (from the book being written that it is based on).

It was oppressively hot in the Hall of Ancestors. Collum felt the hairs of his tunic sticking to his chest, the sticky heat melting his skin. At the far end, surrounded by guards, Tristius stood, surveying the commotion that had just been caused. His dark skin was punctuated by the darker birthmarks across his face. Varlin had told him that the people of Elevest viewed this as a mark from the Gods, that he was to do great, but terrible things. The tattoo of the sun that surrounded Tristius' eyes was an ancient, ceremonial one, that members of his family were given when they took power; it symbolized their supposed descent from the god Zuros.

Anyway, here he is!

DL Link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11632

These are alternate flics (with pcx of the second eras - the ones with the crown) requested by BlueMonkey. Includes all but the advisor smallheads for the foreign advisor screen (the original ones work fine with them).
DL Link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11715

:trophy: Winner of the January 2009 LH Competition!

Varlin Saliptor... Outstanding Work! Very Well Done, Beautiful :goodjob:

Not a problem... just being particular, the Only thing that could be adjusted would be the top left area of the Large Heart for Leaderheads. That is flat on the Original Civ Game Leaderheads as well because it was cut off by the frame the way it was placed. Since the Hearts can be placed a few pixels different, we can correct this on New Leaderheads.

Beautiful work Varlin, its great to have some new LHs again.

Very nice.. i may have a plans to use it as well.
BTW.. would you take a LH request into consideration.. i'm using Tupis in my game. For now i use Paraguacu as their leader.. as simply it's best for now.. but perhaps you would make a new better male leaderhead for them.. something similar to the drawing of tupi warrior for Age of Empires

That looks great! The texture map is very nicely done. Exciting to have more leaderheads out there!:goodjob::)

I could do new backgrounds for them. The pcx's shouldn't be too hard if you wanted me to do that.

Just post what you want or tell me and I'll see what i can do.

Very nice.. i may have a plans to use it as well.
BTW.. would you take a LH request into consideration.. i'm using Tupis in my game. For now i use Paraguacu as their leader.. as simply it's best for now.. but perhaps you would make a new better male leaderhead for them.. something similar to the drawing of tupi warrior for Age of Empires

How many eras were you thinking for it?

Just post what you want or tell me and I'll see what i can do.
If you let me know what size & format of image are easiest for you to work with I can post them. 2 images, with a version of both eras with each - total 4.

It's good to see some new leaderheads. Great work!

Here are the backgrounds for your use.

I’ve put a variety of images for you to choose from. You have complete freedom to choose whichever you want and change it any way you want. If you pick something, but want me to manipulate it further, just let me know. I haven’t made up my mind where I will use him yet. He’ll definitely get used, but where depends on what image(s) you pick, For the purposes of our scenarios it is okay for the background to have a painterly look, rather than being realistic.

In one scenario we’re making there are several civs that live inside the Hollow Earth. There are both cave & jungle environments. In the same scenario there are also primitive tribes scattered across the Earth that share a civ - the LH for that could have either an island, a jungle, or a mountainous background.

In another scenario there are civs on both Mars & Venus. Mars is mostly desert and mountains, but does have some other weird areas that are kind of a cross between forests & swamps. Venus is wetter & has a lot of jungles. etc.

I’ve tried to organize the images according to these rough categories. You’ll see there is some overlap. There are going to be some of the tribal people that were mysteriously transported to the other planets, so feel free to choose something that fits more than one category. For example, the image called AmtorJungle, which I have in mind for Venus, is actually some Baobobs from Madagascar, and would also work well for the tribal civs. That’s actually one of my favorite images. I’m thinking about making a forest/jungle terrain set based on those and some of the other weird plants on Madagascar.

I asked you for two different backgrounds, with both eras for each. If you want to do more, that’s cool. I could use the different backgrounds to show changing eras, even though he doesn’t change costume - those civs won’t be able to gain advanced technologies. If you decide to only do one image / one era I can still use him effectively. Only do as much as you will enjoy. And thank you in advance for going to the extra effort to do this.

I’ve included a plain text file in the zip with these notes so you’ll have them to refer to if you’re working off-line.

View attachment 201243

Just to be clear:

You want me to make two versions of each era, each with their own backgrounds, for a total of 4 flics, correct? I will do as many as are needed, that doesn't bother me, really.

As for pcx files, what would you prefer i do with those? Which era/background would you like for those image files?

Just to be clear:

You want me to make two versions of each era, each with their own backgrounds, for a total of 4 flics, correct? I will do as many as are needed, that doesn't bother me, really.

As for pcx files, what would you prefer i do with those? Which era/background would you like for those image files?
Maybe this is a simpler way to explain it

Picture A => Era 1
Picture A => Era 2
Picture B => Era 1
Picture B => Era 2

PCXs with the Era 2 of each background would be fine.

Top Bottom