Triumvirate v4.0

Alphawolf

Basileus, Founding Father
Sorry, due to computer problems, I'm just now getting around to putting this up. Nothing fundamental has changed I just cleaned it up.

The Government of the Triumvirate

Article 1 The Federal Government

A) The Legislative Branch
I. This branch consists of one house known as Citizens Assembly.

II. The Citizens Assembly shall consist of all citizens of the Nation. The Citizens Assembly shall be presided over by an elected Speaker.
IIA. The Powers and Duties of the Speaker:
1. The Speaker shall be in charge of all floor votes.
2. A floor vote may be called for by any member of the Citizens Assembly on any issue on which the Assembly has purview at any time.
A. To call a floor vote a member of the Citizens Assembly shall PM the Speaker. If the member is unable to PM the Speaker for what ever reason the Member shall post where appropriate.
B. After being asked to call a floor vote the Speaker shall post a thread in the discussions.
C. If at least 3 other members post saying they agree to have a vote on that issue the Speaker shall open a poll.
D. The poll will have three options: Yes/No/Abstain.
E. If the Yes votes number over 50% the measure shall have passed; if the Yes votes number exactly 50% or less the measure shall have failed.​
3. The Deputy Speaker shall be the runner up in the election.
4. The Speaker may be impeached, by a majority vote of the Citizens Assembly.​
IIB. Restrictions on Assembly Rights on those holding elected offices.​
III. Only the Citizens Assembly may decide six things: Declare War/Make Peace/Alliance, to change civics, to begin construction on a Great Wonder/National Wonder/Project, what to do with great people, a change in Taxes (the science/treasury/culture meter) greater that 20% more than once every 5 turns, and where to build new cities.

IV. The Executive Branch must enforce a vote of the Citizens Assembly even if they disagree with the decision.

V. The Citizens Assembly may bring an impeachment/no confidence vote against the Triumvirate.
VA. An impeachment will be held in the same manner as a floor vote. Impeachment removes the entire Triumvirate. This poll will be open 48 hours only, for the motion to carry at least 7/10 (70%) must have voted in favor. If the motion is carried the Triumvirate is removed from office.​

B) The Executive Branch
I. This branch consists of the Triumvirate and any and all elected and appointed Cabinet Officials and their deputies.
IA. The Triumvirate will consist of the President, Secretary of State, and the Minister of War.
IB. The Cabinet Officials will be any office that we the citizens deem necessary to have that is not included as part of the Triumvirate, the Judiciary, a Gubernatorial office or the Designated Player. The Cabinet shall consist of the Censor, Minister of Interior, Minster of Culture, Minister of Science, and Director of Intelligence.​

II. The Powers and Duties or the Triumvirate.
IIA. The Powers and Duties of the President
1. The President nominates candidates from the nomination pool the Secretary of State and Minister of War.
2. During the Turnchat the President, or a Representative of the President, may order the ending of the game for a poll vote, i.e.: war, peace, change in Tax, change in Civics, where to build a new cities, or any thing else he deems appropriate and must abide by the outcome of said vote.
3. President is the only officer that may ask the Citizens Assembly for a Declaration of WAR.
4. The units the President controls:
A. The President shall control all Settler and the defensive units assigned to them.
B. The President shall control all naval units.​
5. The President may with the unanimous consent of the Triumvirate ask the Citizens Assembly for permission to begin work on a Great Wonder/Project.
6. During War time the President may preempt the control of workers.
7. The President shall be elected in a poll of all citizens, if the candidate with the most votes receives less that 1/3 (33%) of the votes a runoff will be held unless the winning candidate has 10% more votes that the candidate with the second highest number of votes. Said runoff will be between the two candidates with the highest number of votes.
A. The nominations for President may not be self nominations.​
8. The President shall have the power of the Secretary of State and the Secretary of War.​
IIB. The Powers and Duties of the Secretary of State
1. The Secretary of State shall have control of the Foreign policy of our nation with the exception in the Declaration of War/Peace/Alliance and trade of cities.
A. The Secretary of State needs the permission of the Citizens Assembly: War/Peace/Alliance or the giving away of one of our Nation's cities.
B. The Secretary of State needs the permission of the Triumvirate to accept a city, if applicable.
C. Secretary of State needs the permission of the President in any deal in which we loose more than 1/5 (20%) of our Treasury.​
2. The nomination and election of The Secretary of State shall be held as follows:
A. Nominations for Secretary of State may be self nominations or a candidate may be nominated by someone else.
B. The President shall take no more than 6 of the nominations and hold an election for the next term's Secretary of State.
C. The Secretary of State shall be elected in a poll of all citizens, if the candidate with the most votes receives less that 1/3 (33%) of the votes a runoff will be held unless the winning candidate has 10% more votes that the candidate with the second highest number of votes. Write in candidates are allowed in the general election but not in the runoff. Said runoff will be between the two candidates with the highest number of votes.​
IIC. The Powers and Duties of the Secretary of War
1. The Secretary of War shall have control of all military land units with the exception of garrisons under the control of Governors and units assigned to settlers.
A. The Secretary of War may move any military land units anywhere in our territory, unclaimed territory, enemy territory, or allied territory; unless otherwise specified.​
2. Outside of our territory or enemy territory the Secretary of War need the President's permission to move beyond a certain boundary of our borders.
A. The Secretary of War may not attack a city or unit of a neutral or allied Civilization.​
3. The Secretary of War shall have complete control of all air units.
4. During War time the Secretary of War may take control of any unit assigned as a garrison to a City as long as the city is left with at least one left.
5. The nomination and election of the Secretary of War shall be held as follows:
A. Nominations for Secretary of War may be self nominations or a candidate may be nominated by someone else.
B. The President shall take no more than 6 nominations and hold a poll for the next term's Secretary of War.
C. The Secretary of War shall be elected in a poll of all citizens, if the candidate with the most votes receives less that 1/3 (33%) of the votes a runoff will be held unless the winning candidate has 10% more votes that the candidate with the second highest number of votes. Write in candidates are allowed in the general election but not in the runoff. Said runoff will be between the two candidates with the highest number of votes.​

III. The Cabinet
IIIA. The Cabinet shall consist of, in order of seniority, the Censor, Minister of Interior, Minster of Culture, Minister of Science, and Director of Intelligence.
IIIB. The Powers and Duties of the Censor:
1. The Censor be in charge of maintaining the Census and shall be the Official in charge of all elections.
2. Censor shall be responsible for the official results of an election and for validating an election.
3. The Censor is also responsible for validating any other official polls.
4. The nomination and election for the Censor shall be held as follows:
A. Nominations for Censor may be self nominations or a candidate may be nominated by someone else.
B. The Censor shall be the candidates with the highest number of votes.
C. The Deputy Censor shall be appointed by the Censor.​
5. The Censor may not be impeached.​
IIIC. The Powers and Duties of the Minister of Interior:
1. The Minister of the Interior shall be in control of all workers not assigned to Governors.
2. The Minister of the Interior shall work with the Governors and create a plan of which city improvements shall be constructed in a city and when.
3. The Minister of the Interior shall keep track of the resources in our territory and where they are.
4. The Minister of the Interior shall control all Great Engineers.
5. These control of workers may be preempted by the President during War time.
6. The nomination and election for the Minister of the Interior shall be held as follows:
A. Nominations for Minister of the Interior may be self nominations or a candidate may be nominated by someone else.
B. The Minister of the Interior shall be the candidates with the highest number of votes.
C. The Deputy Minister of the Interior shall be appointed by the Minister of the Interior.​
6. The Minister of the Interior may not be impeached.​
IIID. Powers and Duties of the Minister of Culture:
1. The Minister of Culture shall keep track of the Culture buildings in each city, the Culture of each city, and the religions in each city throughout the Empire, and shall may this information available to any citizen upon request.
2. The Minister of Culture shall control all Great Artists, Great Merchants, and Great Prophets.
3. The Minister of Culture shall be in charge of all Missionaries.
4. The Minister of Culture may require a culture building to built in a City once every 4 buildings, if none of the previous 3 buildings was a culture building. And what type of building it shall be.
5. The nomination and election for the Minister of the Culture shall be held as follows:
A. Nominations for Minister of the Culture may be self nominations or a candidate may be nominated by someone else.
B. The Minister of the Culture shall be the candidates with the highest number of votes.
C. The Deputy Minister of the Culture shall be appointed by the Minister of the Culture.​
6. The Minister of the Culture may not be impeached.​
IIIE. Powers and Duties of the Minister of Science:
1. The Minister of Science shall choose what technology will be researched.
2. The Minister of Science shall keep a list of at least three technologies that are to be researched next and in what order.
A. This list is subject to the review and revision of the Citizens Assembly.​
3. The Minister of Science shall control all Great Scientists.
4. The nomination and election for the Minister of the Science shall be held as follows:
A. Nominations for Minister of the Science can be self nominations or a candidate can be nominated by someone else.
B. The Minister of the Science shall be the candidates with the highest number of votes.
C. The Deputy Minister of the Science shall be appointed by the Minister of the Science.​
5. The Minister of the Science may not be impeached.​
IIIF. Powers and Duties of the Director of Intelligence:
1. The Director of Intelligence shall keep records of all known Empires; the cities, religion, military units, wonders, and civics of those Empires. Records shall also be kept of the size, religion, improvements, and anything else deemed necessary about their cities.
2. The Director of Intelligence shall have complete control of all spies.
3. The Director of Intelligence shall be appointed by the Triumvirate.
4. The Director of Intelligence, being an appointed position, shall not be affected by term limits.
5. The Director of Intelligence may not be impeached.​

IV. Vacancies
IVA. Should a vacancy occur in the Triumvirate the President shall take over the duties of the vacant office. Should the President be the vacant office the Secretary of State shall take over the duties of the President. Should both the offices of President and Secretary of State be vacant the Secretary of War shall take over the duties of both offices. Should the entire Triumvirate be vacant the most senior of the Cabinet members shall take over the duties of Triumvirate.
IVB. Should any vacancy occur in the Cabinet or in the office of Speaker the Deputy shall take over the duties of that office. The word acting shall be included in the title of office. Should there not be a deputy the President shall appoint an acting office holder.​

Article 2 The Local Government

A) Governors
I. Governors are the elected officials that run cities or provinces.
IA. The Powers and Duties of the Governors:
1. The Governors may move any workers or garrison units assigned to them anywhere in there city's radius.
2. The Governor shall work with the Minister of the Interior to decide which improvement shall be built.
3. In a Gubernatorial election the candidate with the greatest number of votes wins.
4. Governors may not be impeached.​

If we do go with this idea I believe we need to have a Censor elected by December 20, 2005 to preside over the elections if we are to begin on or about the First of January.

Please vote on these polls:
Exclusions of Elected Officials
Preempt Power
Impeachment Cabinet
Impeachment Governors
Boundary
Amendment
Thank You

-the Wolf

Spectacular! I love it!

How about the other offices? Or shall we worry about the censorships?

As well since these roles are seemingly Roman titled are we going to call Govenors of towns "Urban Praetors?" or officials with offices such as the Ministry of the Interior... will he be known as a "Quaestor?" just curious hehe.

As well, are the chief offices to also elect or appoint advisors? For example the Ministry of Science... will the Minister of Science have people to advise him if he wishes like a Science Officer? or something like that?

sorry i'm just so eager lol

As usual I have a few notes,comments,questions and suggestions... Before I comment here's my overall impression: GREAT WORK!!! :)

Alphawolf said:
A) The Legislative Branch

II. The Citizens Assembly shall consist of all citizens of the Nation except those holding elected offices that term.

2. A floor vote may be called for by any member of the Citizens Assembly on any issue on which the Assembly has purview at any time.

III. Only the Citizens Assembly may decide six things: Declare War/Make Peace/Alliance, to change civics, to begin construction on a Great Wonder/National Wonder/Project, what to do with great people, a change in Taxes (the science/treasury/culture meter) greater that 20% more than once every 5 turns, and where to build new cities.
´

This would mean that the tri itself (DP,Secretaries...) cannot call for a vote about these 6 points... IMHO the should be able to ask the speaker for a poll as well... I agree that they shouldn't be able to vote, though! :D

EDIT: I read on and commented more on this issue below where it was appropriate! - Just the wording has to be changed a bit, IMHO

Alphawolf said:
IV. The Executive Branch must enforce a vote of the Citizens Assembly even if they disagree with the decision.

Beutiful!!! Really great! I couldn't agree more! :)

Alphawolf said:
VA. An impeachment will be held in the same manner as a floor vote. Impeachment removes the entire Triumvirate. This poll will be open 48 hours only, for the motion to carry at least 3/4 (75%) must have voted in favor.

Very good indeed! But for my personal taste 2/3 (66,66%) would be better... Could we make a poll about this special point??

Alphawolf said:
B) The Executive Branch
2. During the Turnchat the President may order the ending of the game for a poll vote, i.e.: war, peace, change in Tax, change in Civics, where to build a new cities, or any thing else he deems appropriate.
3. President is the only officer that may ask the Citizens Assembly for a Declaration of WAR.

I can see you plan to let members of the tri call for votes-therefore only the wording has to be checked in A-II-2-a))

Alphawolf said:
C. Secretary of State needs the permission of the President in any deal in which we loose more than 2/5 (20%) of our Treasury.

Is it me or is 2/5=4/10=40%??? ;)

Alphawolf said:
IIC. The Powers and Duties of the Secretary of War
2. Outside of our territory or enemy territory the Secretary of War need the President's permission to move beyond a certain boundary of our borders.

I followed the tri-threads-I really did! :rolleyes: But has this been discussed? I think this is difficult to implement, no?! I would just delete this paragraph (oh, naive as I am!)

Alphawolf said:
A. The Secretary of War my not attack a city or unit of a neutral or allied Civilization.
4. During War time the Secretary of War may take control of any unit assigned as a garrison to a City as long as the city if left with at least one left.
just two minor typos

Alphawolf said:
III. The Cabinet
IIIC. The Powers and Duties of the Minister of Interior:
5. These powers may be preempted by the President during War time.
6. The Minister of the Interior may not be impeached.
IIID. Powers and Duties of the Minister of Culture:
6. The Minister of the Culture may not be impeached.
5. The Minister of the Science may not be impeached.

Haven't seen this before either, but MAYBE (I'm open to discussion, folks!) the tri should be able to start an impeachment on every member of the cabinet...??? The tri would have to agree that it is necessary and an impeachment would work just like any other else... Hereby it would be ensured, that the tri has the power to try to change their cabinet if it is the will of the citizens assembly... Good or bad?:confused:

Concerning the positions of Minister of Culture and Science: no preempt-power for the President? Since they are controlling great people it might be a vital thing to enable the tri to do so... (on a sidenote: Personally I would like to have preempt-power-options only if the full tri agrees...) Maybe in the CoL the Ministers should be given a chance to file against preempting of their powers? Just a thought here!

Amazing and awesome article about the Director of Intelligence! ;) I really love it! :)

This is great work, Alphawolf, really! :hatsoff: I humbly just want to make it even better and hope you don't mind... All the not mentioned parts are extremely well written and are having my full support!!! I'm very confident that this is the almost final version before the Government of the tri hits gold! ;)

Stilgar

The first thing I don't like is having the government members not allowed to vote on things the assembly votes on.

This is a total deal breaker for me. I can't support this at all without that provision removed.

Executive and Legislative must be separate. Some privileges must be denied to the elected and given to the assembly, in order to forcefully sustain the government with meaninggul and strong powers.

Comments:

A)
II - NO!!! Cannot accept this.
IIA - Can the Speaker refuse to post a floor vote?
IIA.4 - Interesting, so if the Speaker breaks the law, they cannot be removed from office?
VA - 2 polls to impeach? Sheesh - by that time,the odds are the term is over!

B)
1B - How is this decided?
IIA.1 - What is the nomination pool?
IIA.2 - What if President is not there? Note - this can be potentially abused. Example - President doesn't like an idea, uses their "stop" power to continually revisit the decision.
IIA.4 - Who assigns defensive units to the Pres?
IIA.6 - STRONGLY disagree with this. Governors should maintain, under all circumstances, control of their cities. All other leaders should request and persuade Governors to make changes. Historically, this has been quite simple to do. Deal-breaker for me.
IIA.7.A - Disagree. May prevent a new citizen with great ideas, but no "buddies". Allow anyone to run if they so choose. The arguement of "Well, anyone would nominate them as requested!" also completely invalidates this clause. A useless rule should not be in there.
IIA.7.B - Disagree again. Several of us (glances as DS) like to persuade multiple people to run for office. See arguements against IIA.7.A also.

IIB.1.b - What about culture flips? It's a yay/nay question right then.
IIB.2.B - Nominated, but still not able to run? Unfair! Seriously - that's just not right with me.

IIC.1 - Who determines "garrison" and who assigns units to settlers?
IIC.1.A - Conflict here - SoW states "Move unit X to square Y". Square Y is in foreign control, no open borders. Conflict is that following the order would cause war, but SoW cannot declare war.
IIC.2 - Who determines boundary?
IIC.5 - See objections to IIB.2 above.

IIIB.5 - No impeachment? (Also for all other offices)

IIIC.1 - Who assigns workers?
IIIC.2 - Who resolves disputes? Again, no problem with suggestions and working with Governors, but Governors must retain absolute control of their city.
IIIC.5 - Object to this - it's rather rude to toss someone aside during a war.

IIID.4 - Again, abusing the poor Governors. I'd hate to be a Governor in this system, I'd have virtually no power, and the little I had would be subject to overrides.

IV. Vacancies should be filled by appointing a citizen to take over the office, not by having an already elected official take control of another office.

Article 2
1A.3 - Probably not workable. I don't know if we'll have enough citizen for a Governor for each city. Rather, set up provinces or states that Governors control. Also, development of a city affects the entire nation, the entire nation should determine who governors are.
IA.5 - I take it you don't like the idea of impeachment ...

Other comments -
Anything on the Judiciary, or is the Con. framework enough?

Elections - how would they work. It looks like elect the Speaker, the President and the Governors, THEN elect the Cabinet.

Amendments - how to amend this? Requirements? The constitution has the ridiculously low threshold of 60% in support, no census. Would this require a higher standard? Lower?

General feeling - interesting concept, but I have serious problems with several aspects, and cannot support it as written.

-- Ravensfire

In no national assembly, I have ever witnessed a government minister to vote on laws, I think this proposal is great.

Provolution said:
In no national assembly, I have ever witnessed a government minister to vote on laws, I think this proposal is great.

In US States, various proposals are required to be submitted to the people for approval. In all of these, the elected members of that state Government are allowed to vote on those laws.

How many National governments present referendums directly to the people? The US does not do this.

-- Ravensfire

Still, even in congress or senate, these votes are kept separate from government votes. I think we should think outside the US box here, and rethink things here, by non-US standards as well. Since our nations may have 3 million people of virtual citizens, I consider in game players as politicians of various kinds, of which all are in either the assembly, or elected.

Very well, I respect your point, but am completely against it.

No citizen should be denied his right to vote on a decision that influences the nation.

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire said:
In US States, various proposals are required to be submitted to the people for approval. In all of these, the elected members of that state Government are allowed to vote on those laws.

How many National governments present referendums directly to the people? The US does not do this.

-- Ravensfire

In which States do members of the executive branch vote on issues in the legislature?

TO ALL: I’ve stared fixing the typos and other thing, it will be up in about half an hour with some polls. Also if anyone wants to talk to me while I'm updating it try th #demogame channel.

-the Wolf

Alphawolf - note my comment "submitted to the people". In other words, sent to the general population of the state.

Which states do not allow the Governor to vote in general elections, which include those proposals?

Many states do allow Governors to veto bills approved by the Legislature, giving them an implied vote. Proposals that the Governor states they will veto face a much, much harder approval process.

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire said:
Alphawolf - note my comment "submitted to the people". In other words, sent to the general population of the state.

Which states do not allow the Governor to vote in general elections, which include those proposals?

Many states do allow Governors to veto bills approved by the Legislature, giving them an implied vote. Proposals that the Governor states they will veto face a much, much harder approval process.

-- Ravensfire

I see what you meant now. Dammit, I was adding a clause for Triumvirate Veto, and you beat me to it.

-the Wolf

This proposal attempts to address two major concepts at the same time.
  • How are duties partitioned into offices
  • Low-level details of procedures to be followed
It would really help me a lot to understand this, and all the various proposals, if these fundamental concepts were addressed separately instead of together. For example, I might be able to get used to a government with three "top level" executive positions and 3-6 "lower level" positions. Unfortunately, the process type information like that seen in A.IIA.2 regarding "floor votes" takes away from the ability to see exactly who would be responsible for what.

If I might make a suggestion, what we really need to see, if the Triumvirate idea is to thrive, is two open discussions on these issues.
  • In the first discussion, list the in-game decisions which are the responsibility of each government official. The citizens can ask questions in that thread relating to in-game decisions which don't seem to be covered and any inconsistencies where a given decision seems to be in the purview of more than one official. We can thoroughly explore the interpersonal relationships which would be required to get this system to work.
  • In the second discussion, go through "process flow" walkthroughs about some key game-changing events and some trivial events, to see just what it would take to make a decision in this framework. For example, walk through the process of going to war, conducting the war, and making peace, step by step. Another example would be the process for deciding what tech to research next, or what civics to change to, or how to use a Great Person.
This proposal needs our full consideration before it can really be qualified to put into action. The skeptics need information to make a more informed decision about whether to support it, and the supporters groupies (sorry about the term, anyone got a better one :mischief: ) need to walk through the steps of running this government to verify it's not too arcane or time-consuming to be useful.

I am willing to keep an open mind to be convinced this can work, but the supporters of this system will need to do a little bit of selling the concept.

FYI version 4.1 has been up since 3pm CST, I forgot to post that I had edited it, I have changed the following areas:
Article 1, Part A, Section II;
Article 1, Part A, Section II, Subsection IIA, Clause 2, Subclause C;
Article 1, Part A, Section II, Subsection IIA, Clause 4;
Article 1, Part A, Section II, Subsection IIB added;
Article 1, Part A, Section V, Subsection VA;
Article 1, Part B, Section II, Subsection IIA, Clause 2;
Article 1, Part B, Section II, Subsection IIA, Clause 5;
Article 1, Part B, Section II, Subsection IIA, Clause 6;
Article 1, Part B, Section II, Subsection IIB, Clause 1, Subclause B;
Article 1, Part B, Section II, Subsection IIB, Clause 1, Subclause C;
Article 1, Part B, Section II, Subsection IIB, Clause 2, Subclause B;
Article 1, Part B, Section II, Subsection IIC, Clause 1, Subclause A;
Article 1, Part B, Section II, Subsection IIC, Clause 2, Subclause A;
Article 1, Part B, Section II, Subsection IIC, Clause 5, Subclause B;
Article 1, Part B, Section III, Subsection IIIC, Clause 5;
Article 1, Part B, Section III, Subsection IIID, Clause 4;
Article 2 changed.

-the Wolf

I would like opinions on two ideas I have though up:
1. Since the Censor does elections and poll and the Speaker just rubber stamps the requests of the Citizens Assembly, why not combine the two positions and have the Censor do both?
2. Executive Veto: the Triumvirate may veto a decision of the Citizens Assembly, requiring a vote in the Citizens Assembly of 2/3 (67%) to over rule the veto.

Also please vote in these polls:
Exclusions of Elected Officials
Preempt Power
Impeachment Cabinet
Impeachment Governors
Boundary
Amendment
Thank You

-the Wolf

ravensfire said:

-- Ravensfire

Maybe in RL in the US this is common practice but I still don't think it should be implemented here. Veto-Rights would give the tri too much power for my taste! We don't need it, IMO.

I have a feeling that power-centralization is one of the goals now :confused: Maybe I'm wrong, though...

DS: I'm not a groupie, I'm a supporter! ;)

*I do not like the wording of some of the veterans, referring to me as "Paranoiac" and the ones disagreeing with their view as "groupies". Please keep it civic people, so we do not go down the dark path.

Provolution said:
*I do not like the wording of some of the veterans, referring to me as "Paranoiac" and the ones disagreeing with their view as "groupies". Please keep it civic people, so we do not go down the dark path.

Tell you what - you stop your continual insinuations, and I'll stop calling you on them.

Fair enough?

-- Ravensfire

Provolution said:

Did you read the disclaimer and see the :mischief: relating to the term "groupies"?

Let me define what I meant. It's not really the same thing as the original meaning of that word. It's not meant to be derogatory in any way, it's meant to be descriptive of the current situation.

Alphawolf has put forward a good proposal here, but I don't see a lot of other people helping or defending his work. Many of the positive comments are in the form of "I love it, keep up the work". When others point out potential flaws, you don't see a bunch of people jumping in to help explain why those potential flaws aren't really a problem. A true supporter would try to argue that the supposed flaws are really the strong points of this system.

It's not about name calling. I just wanted a word to take the place of "folks who like this but don't do anything about it." What do you call someone who likes this system but doesn't put forward a lot of effort to enhance it, defend it, explain it, or otherwise convince skeptics that it will work?

Top Bottom