1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Troops needed for the island: New Developments

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Bootstoots, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

I had a conversation with Trip in the embassy, and he told me of some new developments. BoP has been abandoned by GCA, and they still have a sizeable army that has apparently been divided between Port Blacksand and Dun na Anarchy. It is apparent that they are about to pull a stunt, and if they can settle the small island and ferry enough troops quickly, they can control the island until the late Industrial age, causing massive war weariness to both Poly and us. I think that it is imperative that we move more units than just a spearman over; perhaps a pike or two and three or four MI's might be necessary.

2. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

Well, if we cheat and play in 1.21 the war weariness wont be a problem ;)

No really we should get a galley and bring 1 pikeman and one any soldier (warrior, pikeman, whatever) to stop this. If they manage this we will forever be hampered by GCA against the western hemipshere.

If they manage to pull off this stunt, do you think it would be wise to offer them some outrageous deal for peace, like rights to all islands plus a generous permanent gpt deal plus whatever excess resources, luxieries, and techs we have? Would that be worth it? Would they even accept it?

3. croxis

croxis Chat room op

I doubt it hydro, we really must push to that island now. I really think that we may need to pull out every stop on this one

4. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

HyGro but don't fret the small stuff

5. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

:lol:Hydro is a good way to get Hygro :lol:

6. croxis

croxis Chat room op

I'm in the middle of finals, give me a break ;)

7. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Allright, we don't have much time for this. As a solution I suggest we take the two Pikes from Zhi Gang, put them on the galley and sail them to one of the mountains on Iceland.

This has to be done fast.

8. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

They abandoned BoP? :eek: Now e'll have to build our own city there...:(

I think we should settle those islands to prevent this and GWT from getting a settler there...

9. croxis

croxis Chat room op

And get a city on our side of the inthmus, I say poly should have the north one if terratory hasn't been solved yet

10. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

IIRC that's how it was settled with Poly.