Trouble adding new civilization

GildedDuke

Chieftain
So I've been using Kael's modding guide, and I added a new Viking civilization. When I load the mod up and start a new game normally it works perfectly. When I try and get the civilization set up on a map, and then set the map as a scenario, the Vikings are not playable. I've already added replacement units to make it work in normal play, just not sure why it isn't working with the map specifically.

Any suggestions?

Made a new map with the vikings, same problem of it not being selectable in the scenario mode.

Moderator Action: Moved to the main forum.
Because the tutorials subforum is only for tutorials, not for questions ;).

Hmm strange. I did a bit more testing and it looks like it can be accessed by doing "random civilization' but doesn't appear on the scenario list itself.

Yeah, I already did that. Before that it wasn't showing up on the list at all. Now its showing up on the list for a new map, but not on the scenario list. I've tried swapping out which civ is which too, whichever one is set to be the Vikings doesn't show up on the menu for the scenario.

I've also been trying to update a different situation instead and seeing if that bypasses the problem. (only need four playable civilizations for the scenario)

However this code fragment doesn't seem to have any effect at all.
<Civilization_Leaders>
<Set LeaderheadType="LEADER_CANUTE"/>
<Where CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA"/>
</Civilization_Leaders>

It should be

<Civilization_Leaders>
<Update>
<Set LeaderheadType="LEADER_CANUTE"/>
<Where CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA"/>
</Update>
</Civilization_Leaders>

Could have sworn I had those updates in there, that bit seems to be working now though, thanks! Still trying to figure out why the new civilization doesn't work with the map, but this may well work as a workaround.

Top Bottom