Trouble defining exact starting locations

Dragonxander PR

Emperor of the Drakons
Greetings--been a long time since I posted!

I'm preparing a pre-made map but I'm having trouble defining the exact starting locations. I know the basic notation to say where a civilization could start, but for some reason the game isn't placing my civilizations exactly where I've programmed it to. Usually civs will start near the specific tile (at times as far as a BFC away), but not at said tile. At worst I define some locations in large islands, but they always pop up in the main landmass nearby. Any idea on how to address this?

Some things I tried:

* Changing the "random starting location" condition from "true" to "false". It has the same problem regardless
* Check that the starting locations are really where they ought be
* Erase all undesired starting locations
* All my tests have used the same number of civs as starting locations I've used

In case someone can check the code, I'm including the map I'm developing (revising the Hoenn Region map, uploaded here) and the list of locations I want to use:

X, Y

6-37
12-10 (island)
15-52

17-24
21-43
30-20

31-34
42-52
47-36

61-43
70-29 (island)
89-26 (island)

Attachments

• Hoenn Region base.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    511.3 KB · Views: 206
But it works!

The game started with 9 players (didn't change the settings) and all 9 started on 9 out of the 12 starting plots you defined (random attribution)!

I tried with 12 players and they don't all start where I placed them. I'm trying a much bigger map (50 locations with a 50 civs DLL) and not all start in the same place. I have some starting in polar regions (and even such that they'd have overlapping BFCs!). Definitely weird.

Also, did any of the civs start on any island starting location?

Yes, 2 of them: Aksum on 12, 10 and Madrid on 70, 29 (see attached).

The only difference that I see between our tests is that you try to have the exact match between locations and players but that should normally not be a problem.

Or something else is interferring (with Python?).

Top Bottom