Trouble installing FfH2

I've started this thread to respond to a request for assistance originally posted in the Bug Thread:

I did fall from heaven on my friend's computer and it was awesome but on my computer it won't download. it says it has installed on my computor but it won't open saying exactly " windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Civilization.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again," all other versions of civilization work fine and I didn't type in the first place. when I tried it from another site it said it wasn't a " valid windows 34 application". I run windows 7 ultimate
If you tried copying files or shortcuts from your friend's computer, then that won't work. Also, the path to the game on your friend's computer may be different, especially if your friend is using a different version of Civ4 (I don't mean patch version, but rather Civ4 + BtS or Civ4 Gold + BtS or Civ4 Complete or Steam or D2D and so on).

Downloading the mod from other sites probably isn't a good idea anyway. The best way to be sure to get the right files is to download them using Kael's links, which can be found in the first post of the Bug Thread or in the FfH2 Mod Thread.

I've written a guide to installing FfH2, which can guide you through installing the mod (including steps to help recover from a failed installation attempt). The guide is written using XP, but you may still find it helpful. Post here any questions you may have that are not answered by that guide and I'll attempt to answer them.

I tried downloading from him but it still didn't work and I didn't use any thing from my friend's computer

yes I can

Please post screenshots of your "Beyond the Sword" and "Fall from Heaven 2" folders, such that the files are displayed with details and so that the full path to those folders is visible.

Also, load into BtS and from the main menu choose "ADVANCED", then "LOAD A MOD". Is "Fall from Heaven 2" shown in the list of mods? If so, what happens when you select it and click "OK"?

Top Bottom