Trouble uploading text changes

Assurbanipal

Chieftain
Hello,

I changed & improved the French version of TAM (many errors, XML/Text folder) but I can't upload it ingame.

Detail = I changed the texts inside the Tags but when I load a TAM scenario It still has the old text displayed. BTW I wonder how the game can have these old texts.

Could you please tell me what's wrong? What do I need to edit & modifiy (file?) so that Civ4BTS implements my new Texts?

Thx ;)

XML/Text is the right folder, Everything you change there, should be visible in the game.
There are some duplicated tags also, but if you did lots of french changes you should see them

Yes I did it for YEARS so I think this is an issue specific to TAM or the TAM maps/scenarios.

I edited those - nope! nothing wrong... Same with the .ini files (game launch)

Really, TAM only displays the "old" text & i'm pretty lost there so... any clue, anybody?

Despite YEARS of Civ4 modding, I don't understand :(

Please, check the full path where you did changes and report it here.

May be you did a double TAM installation?

Problem solved.

The issue was with Windows Vista (same w/ Win 7 I guess) = Windows "protects" the files & folders of "Program Files (x64)" by blocking any change.

I had to copy the Text folder on the desktop, make the changes & then copy back the .xml files into the TAM\Assets\XML\Text folder.

Now I'm looking for the TAM Ethnic Units, as I noticed that the mod doesn't use the BTS Ethnic Units. Ex: no egyptian Warrior (bald ones), Axemen or Archers.

Top Bottom