Trouble with changing starting techs?

-USG-

Chieftain
I've got the most recent BAT mod installed over BTS with a single user installation, and all I want to do is change Rome's fishing starting tech to mysticism. I've changed it in three different instances of CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml now, including BTS > Assets > XML > Civilizations and BTS > BTS > Assets > XML > Civilizations, and it still always shows up as fishing.

The odd thing is that it's an issue with BAT mod, because when I try in just plain BTS, I get Mysticism like I want.

What's the path of the file I should be changing, if not the above two? I'm using Steam, for the record, but that had never been an issue before.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

See if there is a 'CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml' file under the BAT mod ...

BTS > Mods > BAT > Assets > XML > Civilizations

There is no BAT mod folder in BTS > Mods, or BTS > BTS > Mods for that matter. There is one in the My Games folder (there's a shortcut to it in BTS > BTS), but that seems to be the other one I edited, so that's not it.

Did you look in C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS (for Vista - XP IIRC uses the "My Documents" path instead)?

That's the folder that matters, but BAT uses modular loading. There should be a folder called Modules, and in there you should find an existing CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml I believe.

That's the folder that matters, but BAT uses modular loading. There should be a folder called Modules, and in there you should find an existing CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml I believe.
It's in Modules under Varietas Delectat. IIRC, it's called VD_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml, but don't quote me on that one. :p

Top Bottom