Trouble with COTM/GOTM

drolltroll

Chieftain
I am having trouble getting to the COTM or GOTM.

Frm the opening page in Civfanatics if I try to click on the link to the Game announcemant page, I get an unexpected error message, and after asking if I want to send a report to Microsoft, Explorer closes.

I tried going to the GOTM forum and doing it that way but I get the same thing. I tried going back to COTM 1 or 2 and as soon as I click on the link to one of these older games in the BOX to the left side of the window, I get the message.

I'm running Windows XP home on a Systemax P2.4, with Nivida GeForce 3 64M video card (can't remember the model number and I'm at work).

My guess is that it might have something to do with either Norton, or my Internet Options, but I can't figure out what might be set wrong. I have downloaded GOTM in the past (although) I've never completed one to submit.

Any Suggestions?

Would I be better to post this in the GOTM forum?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Yeah. It sounds like your internet options. A recently installed firewall or other security program may have reconfigured your internet options to make them more secure. The same thing happened to me after I updated my firewall.
I think by design the page is meant to be a bit contrary to hinder players from redownloading the save with their comps stealthed up.

I think the first thing to do is to uncheck the box for playing sound in web pages in internet properties ( the announcement has some lame music playing which your browser may have taken a dislike to). Before you start messing with the security settings proper.
If that doesn't work P.M Ainwood. I don't have XP so he will be able to tell exactly what options to check or uncheck :)

samildanach said:
I think by design the page is meant to be a bit contrary to hinder players from redownloading the save with their comps stealthed up.
:lol: Well, I didn't set up the original pages, but I'm not sure whether that's even possible!

@drolltroll:
Try Sam's suggestions re security settings, and if that doesn't fix it, then let me lnow. :)

Top Bottom