True start earth map

greenfieldpark

Warlord
Hey fellas. Anybody have success with a true start earth map? I saw an outdated thread where people were having issues with yet not another earth map pack.

Has anyone had recent successes with these types of maps?

Basically i can get the game to start, with civs in proper placements, but it appears completely devoid of certain resources like bison and wheat and sheap.

Last edited:
It depends on what version you have. The current version is 25 by JFD.

I see you have helped others in the past with this in other threads. I apreciate this.
Ive tried both version 25 and 22.
Both are playable. No crashes. Civs in correct spot. Just missing bison, wheat, cattle and sheep resources.

K ive played with all the resource settings. Geographic, historical, abundant. I believe the setting that needs to be turned on is no resource scaling by player. Less luxories on map but now all resources are placed.

Update.
More fiddling. With resource scaling off you get all the resources but now you dont have enough strategics for all the civs.

So i up the total resource alotment and bam back to no wheat, bison, cattle and sheep.

So it seems like the engine simply cant figure out the sweet balance between strategics, luxs, and all the other resources.

So it wont be balanced. But its not supposed to be. Ill just have a goofy world dominating game.

Last edited:
We really need TSL maps specifically designed for VP, with an option for VP resource allocation for the normal monopoly experience.

That would be pretty great. The current map allocation really doesnt feel right.

But our vox devs cant do everything :).

Top Bottom