Resource icon

Truly Abundant Resources 2017-04-08

pokiehl

Deity
pokiehl submitted a new resource:

Truly Abundant Resources - Increases resource generation and valid terrains/features for all resource types.

This mod increases the amount of features and terrain that most resources can spawn on. It also increases resource generation overall by 150%. The end result will be a map with truly abundant resources!

I am starting this discussion on CivFanatics to see if there might be a more elegant solution to how I increased resource generation.

First of all, I can find no use for the Frequency column in the Resources table. Alterations to these values appear to do nothing.

Given that, I went into...

Read more about this resource...

Plesae upload to CIVFANITICS server.t everyone can access steam .
Thanks

could you please put Higher Strategic Resource Frequency back online, or can i download the files somewhere? I can't continue my game -_-

Could you please also restore the "Higher Bonus Resource Frequency" mod to the steam workshop?

My current game will not continue because it requires both the "Higher Strategic Resource Frequency" and "Higher Bonus Resource Frequency" mods.

Thanks.

Sorry guys, I didn't realize those mods affected save games. They're both back on Steam!

How do you change that, say, Crab becomes a lux resource?
I'm having problems keeping ppl happy with big cities in a big empire
How would you increase the amount of just strategic resources?

Last edited:
Maybe compile all required mods into one package and then put that package on Fanatics too?

Hey, can you help me? I cant download your file on the steam. Also I am using a crack version since i cant buy the digital one. But I really like your mod so can you give me a way to access this mod? Thanks please reply

Moderator Action: CivFanatics has a zero tolerance policy towards pirated software. You will receive no assistance for issues with your illegal software here. Continued discussion of pirated software will result in a site ban. leif
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear sir, your mod has been taken off steam again, "Higher Strategic Resource Frequency", and I am unable to continue my game because of it. Could you please re-enable it, even though it is outdated? It is a sad fact that when a mod is removed from Steam it is also automatically removed from the users.

I'd like to this mod on civ6 on my ipad. No steam on the iPad.

Is there any chance you have an older version of this mod lying around you can post? for pre R&F. The other mods I use are working as expected, this one however causes the world to never show any territory and turns count by themselves :)

Just in case anyone needs it, here are instructions on how to put mods and up the resolution on civ6 on the iPad. I didn't create them, but they work :)

https://twitter.com/stroughtonsmith/status/943902451517796352

Harvest all resources feature in this mod now not working with 1.0.0.262. The harvest button does not appear over non-bonus resources. I have read that access to the official game DLL may be required to fix this for the update. Tested p0kiehl Truly Abundant Resources to verify. Accurate -- functions not working as intended by p0kiehl.

Harvest all resources feature in this mod now not working with 1.0.0.262. The harvest button does not appear over non-bonus resources. I have read that access to the official game DLL may be required to fix this for the update. Tested p0kiehl Truly Abundant Resources to verify. Accurate -- functions not working as intended by p0kiehl.

Huh? It's working fine - just tested. Making resources harvestable is a simple database change, certainly nothing that would require DLL access.

Make sure you have the appropriate technology required - for instance, to harvest resources like Diamonds or Jade, you need the Mining technology. If that isn't it, you may have a mod conflict or something. To verify that it works yourself, deactivate all mods except this, create a quick game with a Renaissance era start or something, and you will see that all resources around you can be harvested since you will have all the appropriate technology.

Oh wow, thanks, I'll try to fish out the conflict. I turned off everything except the DLC and your mod, and hit Play Now. Let's see. I'll let you know when I find the conflict.

Wow, it does work. What in the world?????? So this whole time I spent finding and searching for a solution was a huge waste because it was a silly mod conflict this entire time. Yay. I'll come back and let you know the conflicting mod once I get my hands around its neck.

No conflict.
Cause of Mod Failure Theory:
Preset Custom Game. Preset Custom Game was saving Additional Content list. Additional Content list in Preset Custom Game was saved prior to adding new mods. New mods were not functioning. Mis-blamed content creator and mod conflict, but was actually a user knowledge limitation failure about how the game operates.

Readers: Please erase Preset Custom Game and create a new custom game file, and save it after each mod change. Mod changes will work. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's really your mod or Resourceful 2 (I too have both), but someone reported over 65,000 copies of luxury resources on AI in the steam workshop

It's the max unsigned 16-bit int. Idk how it happens, but it has happened to me too. probably somehow gets to -1, and since it's unsigned, it's considered over 65k instead

Not sure if it's really your mod or Resourceful 2 (I too have both), but someone reported over 65,000 copies of luxury resources on AI in the steam workshop

It's the max unsigned 16-bit int. Idk how it happens, but it has happened to me too. probably somehow gets to -1, and since it's unsigned, it's considered over 65k instead

That is a bug in the base game. I dunno what causes it, and have never experienced it myself, but others have reported it.

Hi p0kiehl, I can't harvest Electrum. So I coded:
INSERT INTO Resource_Harvests (ResourceType, YieldType, Amount, PrereqTech) SELECT 'RESOURCE_CVS_ELECTRUM', 'YIELD_FAITH', '25', 'TECH_MINING' WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Resources WHERE ResourceType = 'RESOURCE_CVS_ELECTRUM') ;
INSERT INTO Resource_Harvests (ResourceType, YieldType, Amount, PrereqTech) SELECT 'RESOURCE_CVS_ELECTRUM', 'YIELD_GOLD', '75', 'TECH_MINING' WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Resources WHERE ResourceType = 'RESOURCE_CVS_ELECTRUM') ;

I hope it works, thanks for your mod
I have to start a new game because in the game I was in it didn't work to simply add that code, I guess the game keeps the old code instead of reading the new code.

also i know u use steam more than civfanatics but im boycotting steam because of their aggressive monetary growth practices so im glad you visit here instead of staying there all the time, thanks a lot for all your work and support

The answer is No, my change does not make electrum harvestable. I have to find out why

literally my 340 turn save game has grinded to a complete halt because I can't harvest electrum and looking in the research tab I notice that cedar also can't be harvested (but I haven't found cedar in the game so I guess that doesn't concern me yet)

OH it was a load order issue!

--nrh Edits and updates p0k_resources.sql with update
INSERT INTO Resource_Harvests (ResourceType, YieldType, Amount, PrereqTech) SELECT 'RESOURCE_CVS_ELECTRUM', 'YIELD_FAITH', '25', 'TECH_MINING' WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Resources WHERE ResourceType = 'RESOURCE_CVS_ELECTRUM') ;
INSERT INTO Resource_Harvests (ResourceType, YieldType, Amount, PrereqTech) SELECT 'RESOURCE_CVS_ELECTRUM', 'YIELD_GOLD', '75', 'TECH_MINING' WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Resources WHERE ResourceType = 'RESOURCE_CVS_ELECTRUM') ;
INSERT INTO Resource_Harvests (ResourceType, YieldType, Amount, PrereqTech) SELECT 'RESOURCE_CVS_ELECTRUM', 'YIELD_FAITH', '25', 'TECH_MINING' ;
INSERT INTO Resource_Harvests (ResourceType, YieldType, Amount, PrereqTech) SELECT 'RESOURCE_CVS_ELECTRUM', 'YIELD_GOLD', '75', 'TECH_MINING' ;
INSERT INTO Resource_Harvests (ResourceType, YieldType, Amount, PrereqTech) SELECT 'RESOURCE_CVS_CEDAR', 'YIELD_CULTURE', '25', 'TECH_IRRIGATION' WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Resources WHERE ResourceType = 'RESOURCE_CVS_CEDAR') ;
INSERT INTO Resource_Harvests (ResourceType, YieldType, Amount, PrereqTech) SELECT 'RESOURCE_CVS_CEDAR', 'YIELD_PRODUCTION', '75', 'TECH_IRRIGATION' WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Resources WHERE ResourceType = 'RESOURCE_CVS_CEDAR') ;
INSERT INTO Resource_Harvests (ResourceType, YieldType, Amount, PrereqTech) SELECT 'RESOURCE_CVS_CEDAR', 'YIELD_CULTURE', '25', 'TECH_IRRIGATION' ;
INSERT INTO Resource_Harvests (ResourceType, YieldType, Amount, PrereqTech) SELECT 'RESOURCE_CVS_CEDAR', 'YIELD_PRODUCTION', '75', 'TECH_IRRIGATION' ;
UPDATE Improvement_ValidResources SET MustRemoveFeature='0' WHERE ResourceType='RESOURCE_CVS_ELECTRUM' ;

The above code inserted into p0k_resources.sql of CIVITAS Resources from 6-25-2019 (on steam) made it work and I didn't need to start a new game! :D yay!

Last edited:
Top Bottom