1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Truly Abundant Resources 2017-04-08

Increases resource generation and valid terrains/features for all resource types.

1. pokiehl

pokiehl Chieftain

pokiehl submitted a new resource:

Truly Abundant Resources - Increases resource generation and valid terrains/features for all resource types.

Read more about this resource...

2. pokiehl

pokiehl Chieftain

I am starting this discussion on CivFanatics to see if there might be a more elegant solution to how I increased resource generation.

First of all, I can find no use for the Frequency column in the Resources table. Alterations to these values appear to do nothing.

Given that, I went into the ResourceGenerator lua.

I altered these values:

iTargetPercentage = 42; (default 28)
    iStandardPercentage = 42; (default 28)
    iLuxuryPercentage = 30; (default 20)
    iStrategicPercentage = 32 (default 21)

This resulted in an increase of all resource types except Bonus. To increase bonus resource placement, I did this under GetOtherResources:

self.iOccurencesPerFrequency = (self.iTargetPercentage / 100 ) * self.iTotalValidPlots * (150 - self.iStrategicPercentage - self.iLuxuryPercentage) / 100 / self.iFrequencyTotal;

The constant 150 was previously 100.

This all appeared to work fine. To compensate for increased resource placement, I also used the mod to increase valid features and terrains for many resources. Hopefully this reduces really bad clumping.

Any thoughts?

Also, a screenshot is attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  3. papaguss

papaguss Chieftain

Plesae upload to CIVFANITICS server.t everyone can access steam .
    Thanks

4. pokiehl

pokiehl Chieftain

Why can't you download from Steam?

5. Bertha68

Bertha68 Chieftain

could you please put Higher Strategic Resource Frequency back online, or can i download the files somewhere? I can't continue my game -_-

6. Torvald

Torvald Chieftain

Could you please also restore the "Higher Bonus Resource Frequency" mod to the steam workshop?

My current game will not continue because it requires both the "Higher Strategic Resource Frequency" and "Higher Bonus Resource Frequency" mods.

Thanks.

7. pokiehl

pokiehl Chieftain

Sorry guys, I didn't realize those mods affected save games. They're both back on Steam!

8. truetom

truetom Chieftain

How do you change that, say, Crab becomes a lux resource?
    I'm having problems keeping ppl happy with big cities in a big empire
    How would you increase the amount of just strategic resources?

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  9. ReesesPieces

ReesesPieces Chieftain

Maybe compile all required mods into one package and then put that package on Fanatics too?

10. Zenzense

Zenzense Chieftain

Hey, can you help me? I cant download your file on the steam. Also I am using a crack version since i cant buy the digital one. But I really like your mod so can you give me a way to access this mod? Thanks please reply

Moderator Action: CivFanatics has a zero tolerance policy towards pirated software. You will receive no assistance for issues with your illegal software here. Continued discussion of pirated software will result in a site ban. leif
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2017
    arch.mbadawy likes this.
  11. arch.mbadawy

arch.mbadawy Chieftain

If you please, how to download this???.

12. Torbk

Torbk Chieftain

Dear sir, your mod has been taken off steam again, "Higher Strategic Resource Frequency", and I am unable to continue my game because of it. Could you please re-enable it, even though it is outdated? It is a sad fact that when a mod is removed from Steam it is also automatically removed from the users.

13. taijex

taijex Chieftain

I'd like to this mod on civ6 on my ipad. No steam on the iPad.

Is there any chance you have an older version of this mod lying around you can post? for pre R&F. The other mods I use are working as expected, this one however causes the world to never show any territory and turns count by themselves :)

Just in case anyone needs it, here are instructions on how to put mods and up the resolution on civ6 on the iPad. I didn't create them, but they work :)

https://twitter.com/stroughtonsmith/status/943902451517796352