Trump Indicted!

Fake news and alternate reality!

Trump news - live: Trump caught on tape revealing he kept classified papers after presidency, report says

In a bombshell development in the classified documents case against Donald Trump, a report by CNN says federal prosecutors have obtained an audio recording of a summer 2021 meeting in which the former president acknowledges he held onto a classified Pentagon document about a potential attack on Iran — potentially undercutting his argument that he declassified everything.

The recording indicates Mr Trump understood he retained classified papers after leaving the White House and suggests he would like to share the information but is aware of limitations on his ability post-presidency to declassify records. The network cites multiple sources.

Special Counsel Jack Smith, who is investigating the classified papers case, is also looking at the former president’s efforts to overturn his 2020 election loss. In a new development he is examining Mr Trump’s firing of cybersecurity official Christopher Krebs, whose office said the vote was secure, The New York Times reports. Mr Krebs was fired by Mr Trump shortly after the election.

Meanwhile, as more Republican contenders join the party’s primary race, Mr Trump has promised a year-long celebration of America to mark 250 years of independence if he wins the presidency again.​

(the last line would mean that the RNC would really become the party party in multiple senses of the word!

bombshell development
Another "bombshell"? :rolleyes: There have been enough "bomshells" against Trump to win WW3 at this point. All these "bombshells" keep turning out to be duds.
Mr Trump has promised a year-long celebration of America to mark 250 years of independence if he wins the presidency again.​
Pfft... this was going to happen anyway... regardless of who was POTUS at the time.

Fake news and alternate reality!

Trump news - live: Trump caught on tape revealing he kept classified papers after presidency, report says

In a bombshell development in the classified documents case against Donald Trump, a report by CNN says federal prosecutors have obtained an audio recording of a summer 2021 meeting in which the former president acknowledges he held onto a classified Pentagon document about a potential attack on Iran — potentially undercutting his argument that he declassified everything.​
The recording indicates Mr Trump understood he retained classified papers after leaving the White House and suggests he would like to share the information but is aware of limitations on his ability post-presidency to declassify records. The network cites multiple sources.​
Special Counsel Jack Smith, who is investigating the classified papers case, is also looking at the former president’s efforts to overturn his 2020 election loss. In a new development he is examining Mr Trump’s firing of cybersecurity official Christopher Krebs, whose office said the vote was secure, The New York Times reports. Mr Krebs was fired by Mr Trump shortly after the election.​
Meanwhile, as more Republican contenders join the party’s primary race, Mr Trump has promised a year-long celebration of America to mark 250 years of independence if he wins the presidency again.​

(the last line would mean that the RNC would really become the party party in multiple senses of the word!
Special Counsel Smith is already interviewing more of Trump's inner circle on this. Pretty much nails down an indictment or three. Fingers crossed.

Another "bombshell"? :rolleyes: There have been enough "bomshells" against Trump to win WW3 at this point.
And remember, folks, there'd be no need for a WW3 if Donald Trump were president because he's BEST FRIENDS with Vladimir Putin, BEST FRIENDS, because they're both strong handsome men who could get any woman they wanted, if they wanted, because they're spending the majority of their time working for the majority that voted for them, thank you, please donate to the erection campaign.
Sommerswerd said:
All these "bombshells" keep turning out to be duds.
Sommerswerd said:
Pfft... this was going to happen anyway... regardless of who was POTUS at the time.
Yes, but with Donald J. Trump in the presidency it'll be bluer, whiter, and redder, thanks very much, please let me remind you about the campaign donations, thank you.

The Black Knight always triuphs ! :lol: Tis' but a scratch ! Gotta love Your Monty Python ! :)

Another "bombshell"? :rolleyes: There have been enough "bomshells" against Trump to win WW3 at this point. All these "bombshells" keep turning out to be duds.

Mostly Trumps underlings, associates and lawyers that have been prosecuted and punished so far
It is very strange watching FoxNews paying out nearly $600 Mil for election fraud lies while Trump himself remains untouched.

The "Surely This Will Stop Donald Trump" tag group on Facebook was, I believe, started before he even won in 2016.

As to the point about the 250th anniversary, obviously with Obungler in charge we'd have all spent the year aplogizing for America instead of celebrating.

Another "bombshell"? :rolleyes: There have been enough "bomshells" against Trump to win WW3 at this point.
But this bombshell is a smocking gun!

Attorney guests on MSNBC tonight said he expects Jack Smith's indictment within 2 weeks.

Yeah, I saw that. He hedged a little before giving the prediction, but his grounds were that he can't think of anything else Smith would need to complete the case. (And I heard, separately, that the grand jury that has been hearing the case has been on its longest hiatus since it started work; having served on a grand jury, I have a little sense about how you're busy while the prosecutors are building the case, but then don't get called in once they've got everything lined up, so this extra little factoid resonated with me.) The other guest at least confirmed Weissman's sense that it's now a matter of when rather than of whether Smith will charge Trump regarding the documents.

And we know Willis' is coming in August. She's purchased bullet-proof vests for her staff!

You know, people do talk about the Trump wing like medieval fairy tales, and have done so like Lex mentioned.

I'm almost more tired of the breathless hysteria than the cause of it. Almost! :lol:

Trump is susceptible of different forms of literary treatment. I mean to try my hand at a tragedy (Shakespearean or classical, I don't know) based on his life--once I know what form his demise takes.

But in my fairy-tale version of the Trump story, when he was selling his soul to the devil, he sold it for wealth, and power, and fame; but he also made it one of the conditions: "and I'll never be held accountable for anything I do."

(I missed my real chance. I conceived of a project in the stanza and mood of Byron's Don Juan on a character named Donjohn and how he bumbles his way through a presidency. Wrote a stanza or two early on, but the project would have demanded exactly one-a-day, detailing that day's craziness.)

Last edited:
Tragedy? Wouldn't that need to be uplifting? Even I don't think that he's got that in him.

There is a real problem with writing a tragedy about Trump, yes. It's not that a tragedy must be uplifting, exactly. (It only needs to raise and purge pity and fear.) If one follows Aristotle, your tragic hero must be a fundamentally good human being, who just makes a misstep (and there's good reason to on this point, because otherwise viewers would rejoice, rather than pity and fear, when the bad thing that befalls him does). And Trump, of course, is a wretch.

But I once concocted what I thought might be a viable workaround for that.

Ah, if he makes that Faustian bargain where he can't get the consequences?

The ultimate "Take what you want and don't pay for it?"

Well, that's another possibility: a mock Faust where, when it comes time to pay, Trump stiffs the devil. It would be wholly in character!

Heheheh!

Top Bottom