Trump Indicted!

Dunno, lot of their legal documents seem to have burned down. :p

Weren't those people legally a foreign country?
No. Absolutely not. In fact, that, incidentally was the initial justification for the "invasion". They illegally engaged in rebellion/insurrection, mostly because they wanted to keep owning, buying and selling slaves.

Also... that issue doesn't impact/change the answer to @choxorn ... because regardless of whether they regarded their illegal rebellion as forming a "foreign" country, they still called it "America"... so the war was still America versus America, ie., "America invading America"... which was the original point.

On a related note... It still is surreal that Trump hasn't been, and likely won't get indicted for fomenting insurrection, while numerous others are going to jail for it.

Last edited:
It was and it wasn't a country depending on what law the Union was following, none of which were habeas corpus. Because the executive flat ignored the court. The Union wasn't under the rule of law or Constitution, at that point.

"States," in the names, was downgraded in importance. I wouldn't brush over it, it cost a lot to make the purchase!

If trump is indicted by the DOJ/Jack Smith will he be released and if so under what conditions?

Mug shot?
Own recognizance?
Bail?
No foreign travel; take his passport?
Gag order?

If trump is indicted by the DOJ/Jack Smith will he be released and if so under what conditions?

Mug shot?
Own recognizance?
Bail?
No foreign travel; take his passport?
Gag order?

Oh, pleasepleasepleaseplease can we get a gag order?

Pretty please?

In the Manhattan case, they said they didn't need a mugshot because he is instantly recognizable anywhere.

If they put bail on him, it will only be in order to be doing things in a pro forma fashion, not give him preferential treatment.

If they seize his passport, it will be for the same reason. I think they should do these two things for that reason; I think they should handle him just like anyone else indicted of the same crime. Just to send the message that no one is above the law. But I think he will get preferential treatment.

I think the gag order comes from the judge, once the trial is underway.

Spoiler :

Just like he did with the injuns!

On a related note... It still is surreal that Trump hasn't been, and likely won't get indicted for fomenting insurrection, while numerous others are going to jail for it.

Times don't change. Jefferson Davis and the other ringleaders of the rebellion never faced the gallows despite nearly half a million Confederates becoming casualties.

Weren't those people legally a foreign country?

As others have said, no, but generally the answer to "is <secessionist rebellion movement> legally a foreign country" is based on whether it succeeded or not. The CSA did not succeed and therefore, legally, no.

At a certain point, an old man probably isn't worth spilling any more blood over. They fade anyways.

Seriously tho, Biden needs to send in the troops to liberate, at minimum, Georgia, Florida, Texas, and Tennessee.

I dont think its possible to fix Florida, I guess the memes are real

To keep immigrants from fleeing, Florida GOP focus on immigration law loopholes​

"It's very dangerous for agriculture. We desperately need more legal workers and this is going to make it worse," he warned.
Had the bill been intended to be fully enforced, it would have included funding for enforcement, according to Roth. "So that's why I'm trying to tell people that it's more of a political bill than policy."

An indictment this week would be fabulous.

Or some have started hoping for next Wednesday: Trump's birthday!

If I were Jack Smith, I'd be severely tempted to hold off till then.

Top Bottom