Trump nominated for Peace Prize.

If it doesn't work it doesn't work. But yes, conservation requires resources that would have to be allocated away from something else. Like education, or incarceration, or healthcare, or entertainment. And a lot of people just flat don't like going outside. It's not air conditioned and there are allergens and bugs. Relics of a bygone era, for sure.

Consumers have basically no agency for major change in a capitalist consumerist economy. It was never about individuals buying fewer things, or recycling more; it was about an entire system built from the ground up to consume as much as possible. It's not ordinary people's fault; it's the corporations and lawmakers who dealt the mortal wound.

qft

"vote with your wallet" is and has always been pure, unadultered propaganda. it never worked, it never will.

Moderator Action: This is not the Israeli quarantine thread. Please remember that.

President Trump receives 3rd nomination for Nobel Peace Prize

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 4:30 PM PT – Tuesday, September 29, 2020

President Trump has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize three times. According to reports, the third and latest nomination came from a group of Australian law professors.

One member of that group, David Flint, has said the President is deserving of the highly sought after award based on his long list of achievements.

“What he has done with the Trump Doctrine is he has decided he would no longer have America involved in endless wars,” he said. “Wars which achieve nothing but the killing of thousands of young Americans, enormous debts imposed on America and nothing solved in the countries in which it is carried on.”

This goes hand in hand with the President’s recent historic peace deal between Israel and the United Arab Emirates. President Trump initiated talks between the two, despite expert advice warning against the ambitious goal of seeking peace in the Middle East.

“He negotiated against all advice, but he did it with common sense, directly with the Arab states concerned and brought them together,” added Flint. “The states are lining up, Arab and Middle Eastern, to join that network of peace, which will dominate the Middle East.”
(Contnued)
https://www.oann.com/president-trump-receives-3rd-nomination-for-nobel-peace-prize/

Can't remember one man being nominated over and over.

Hope it becomes the norm.

Can't remember one man being nominated over and over.

Hope it becomes the norm.

lawls OAN lawls. We need to pass a thing requiring appropriate labeling of press. Passing off obvious garbage propaganda outlets as press is getting fudging old fast.

Also Jfc is this a bunch of bloviating about nothing, this man is currently involved in 3 wars and a bunch of clandestine African operations. All of which innocent people are dying in along with whatever combatants are involved. Its just nonsense, and in typical fashion far worse nonsense then Obama's nonsense.

Last edited:
lawls OAN lawls. We need to pass a thing requiring appropriate labeling of press. Passing off obvious garbage propaganda outlets as press is getting ******* old fast.
how about this?
Trump receives third nomination for Nobel Peace Prize
President Trump nominated a third time for Nobel Peace Prize, with four Australian law professors citing the Abraham Accords.

Tags: Donald Trump Nobel peace prize
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/288062

how about this?

Judging by the top tags on the banner and the amount of advertising, no, but I am not familiar with it enough to be certain as its foreign to me.

fwiw I was not questioning the validity of the story. I just am never going to let OAN be cited without calling it a Trump lapdog. Qanon pushing fudging garbage TV station.

Judging by the top tags on the banner and the amount of advertising, no, but I am not familiar with it enough to be certain as its foreign to me.

fwiw I was not questioning the validity of the story. I just am never going to let OAN be cited without calling it a Trump lapdog. Qanon pushing ******* garbage TV station.
So it's not whether the report is accurate or not, rather your prejudice?

Hmmmm

It is also so that you're not supposed to tell that you have nominated someone.
There doesn't seem to be any negative side effects, but I guess there should.

https://www.nobelprize.org/frequently-asked-questions/#par5
Can an eligible nominator reveal whom he/she has nominated for the Nobel Prize within 50 years?

According to the statutes of the Nobel Foundation, information about the nominations is not to be disclosed, publicly or privately, for a period of fifty years. The restriction not only concerns the nominees and nominators, but also investigations and opinions in the awarding of a prize.

So it's not whether the report is accurate or not, rather your prejudice?

Hmmmm

Well it has to do with why those tags might be their focus as opposed to actual news. It indicates they have pet projects and instead of reporting are actually jsut producing propaganda. While I'm willing to concede that everyone does this to an extent, right wing sights seem to have as complete inability to hide their outright production of nothing but propaganda.

My admitting my prejudice against OAN has to do with the fact that I consider them a part of the destruction of my country. They are intentionally instigating violence.

Christian Tybring-Gjedde is a name I didn't expect to see on these forums, nor one I like to see in any facet of life.

A sad little man who preaches racist rhetoric and storms out of parliament when other MPs allude to it, and is active in trying to import far-right populist talking points from the United States, along with the rest of his party of bigots, liars and criminals. Norwegian politics suffer from him and the Progress Party being involved in it.

kult profilbilde

also this is late, but one thing that struck me recently about the prize not being awarderd posthumously: most people I think mainly think of the nobel prizes as just like prestigious "mentions", they are actually cash prizes. And they can't pay dead people, I think is a point here

There is plenty of food to feed everyone. There has been for decades. Getting the food to hungry people has been the problem. Many local authorities want to take possession of the food, then sell it rather than distribute it. This problem sometimes reaches to the national government, who use access to food as leverage.

We know from history that food based governments never fall from within. Hunger is too powerful a deterrent. This can only be cured from the outside.

J

Top Bottom