[RD] Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian diplomats

Also, the Russian press is apparently reporting details of what Trump told Lavrov and Kislyak. So perhaps they were in the room after all.
Maybe it was the TASS photographer who leaked the story to WaPo. Hard to know. There was no American press allowed in to the meeting, after all.

Earlier in the day, CNN was covering the results of a poll that asked people to supply the single word that they most associated with Trump. "Liar" was right up there, but the one with the highest response rate: "idiot."

Wait a moment, if another president considered intelligent and capable like Obama, Bush senior or Clinton had done the same wouldnt we speak about close collaboration between allies in the fight against terrorism?

An intelligent and capable president would not have done the same. Not doing this kind of thing is part of what means to be intelligent and capable.

It's not melodramatic - it's exactly what happened. You can't downplay Russian intelligence capabilities simply because you don't want be associated with the negative outcomes. Ambassadors of every country are almost always working closely with their respective home intelligence agencies and in fact, The W Bush administration burned one of their own for pointing out facts. Not only that but they let in TASS representatives who work for the state for the state's benefit.
You mean, people can start calling US ambassador in Russia, a "spy" and it will be perfectly fine?

Also, how would you even know what melodramatic is living in a country where critics of Putin die mysteriously all the time?
Dude, this is so classic ad-hominem attack, that it's even boring.
No, knowing what "melodramatic" is doesn't depend on what country I live in, and much less on your idea about that country.

No, your credibility is determined among other things by your ability to grasp patently obvious facts, such as the patently obvious fact that Trump is a clueless fool.
Credibility in your eyes. And "clueless fool" in your opinion. Otherwise, everything correct.

You mean, people can start calling US ambassador in Russia, a "spy" and it will be perfectly fine?

Yes. I am not an american exceptionalist. Also, how naive are you?

Dude, this is so classic ad-hominem attack, that it's even boring.
No, knowing what "melodramatic" is doesn't depend on what country I live in, and much less on your idea about that country.

Yeah, melodrama is culturally tethered, sorry you never learned that.

Yes. I am not an american exceptionalist. Also, how naive are you?
I just imagine the opposite situation, if Putin talked with US ambassador (oh sorry, spy) in his residence and shared unspecified intelligence info about ISIS. May be obtained through Russia's allies.
Or if Obama did the same.
When Trump did it, all of a sudden it becomes criminal offense.

Yeah, melodrama is culturally tethered, sorry you never learned that.
I lived long enough in Western country, to understand what it means in your cultural context. I suspect, much longer than you lived in Russia - which doesn't prevent you from judging about what is happening there.

I just imagine the opposite situation, if Putin talked with US ambassador (oh sorry, spy) in his residence and shared unspecified intelligence info about ISIS. May be obtained through Russia's allies.
Or if Obama did the same.
When Trump did it, all of a sudden it becomes criminal offense.

I lived long enough in Western country, to understand what it means in your cultural context. I suspect, much longer than you lived in Russia - which doesn't prevent you from judging about what is happening there.

Who said anything about criminal offenses. Stop projecting what happens in Russia to 'traitors'.

You can speculate on how I'd react all you want. Anything to avoid discussing what has actually happened. I'd want Obama out and as for Putin, he's more of your problem than mine since you have to deal with his policies on a daily basis. I certainly wouldn't believe he had your best interests at heart if he pulled such a predictable bonehead (Literally, Obama's administration warned Israel about this exact thing) only 100 odd days into his Presidency - I mean already don't believe that based on the economic output of Russia relative to the rest of the world, the mortality rate of your countrymen, and the unsolvable crimes of his critics dying.

If you went to a protest but you're not at liberty to discuss it online because people may be watching you, I get it. Stay strong.

You don't understand what melodrama is culturally despite however long you were an ex-pat. What raises an eyebrow anywhere else is just how things go down in Russia and your inability to find one salient critique of Putin as a supposed patriot to your country confirms it.

Last edited:
If the Russian government doesn't treat US diplomats like they're spies, the Russian government is a lot dumber than I know it is.
It does treat them like spies, obviously. I'm sure Israeli government does too. They still can share information in case if it benefits both sides.

Who said anything about criminal offenses. Stop projecting what happens in Russia to 'traitors'.
The word "treason" was mentioned 12 times in the first page of this thread. Not sure it's me who is projecting.

If you went to a protest but you're not at liberty to discuss it online because people may be watching you, I get it. Stay strong.
Nah, it's okay. The sniper who watches me from outside, occasionally looks elsewhere so I can write whatever I want.

It does treat them like spies, obviously. I'm sure Israeli government does too. They still can share information in case if it benefits both sides.

The word "treason" was mentioned 12 times in the first page of this thread. Not sure it's me who is projecting.

Nah, it's okay. The sniper who watches me from outside, occasionally looks elsewhere so I can write whatever I want.

You can write whatever you want but I doubt you will ever put a criticism of Putin in writing. Why is that? Because you agree with him fully on everything including killing his critics, or you're naive or you are afraid to.

Stay strong out there and don't drink bath lotion no matter how cheap it is.

Last edited:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/13/us-spies-warned-israel-not-share-intelligence-trump/

"13 January 2017
US spies warned their Israeli counterparts that Russia may have “levers of pressure” over Donald Trump and told them to be careful about sharing intelligence with the White House in case it was passed on to the Kremlin, according to Israeli media reports.

The American intelligence officials reportedly told the Israelis not to share sensitive information with Mr Trump’s aides until the incoming president’s relationship with Russia had been fully investigated."

You couldn't make this stuff up.

Besides, it is apparently a very old and unwritten rule in intelligence communities, that you never ever share information you've received from a third party source with anyone else, unless that third party have given their consent on you sharing the information.

The "levers of pressure" are mostly just sitting back and watching the idiot spew. Saying flattering things to him likely speeds the process.

Besides, it is apparently a very old and unwritten rule in intelligence communities, that you never ever share information you've received from a third party source with anyone else, unless that third party have given their consent on you sharing the information.

The thing is, Trump did this out of ignorance and carelessness. But if you tell him there's a norm for these things, the next time, he'll do it just to violate the norm, just to self-identify as a norm-transgressor.

You can write whatever you want but I doubt you will ever put a criticism of Putin in writing. Why is that? Because you agree with him fully on everything including killing his critics, or you're naive or you are afraid to.
I won't call you naive, but if you think criticizing Putin online is dangerous in Russia, you are ignorant about it.
Try reading Russian social networks for a change. Simple search will find thousands of haters.

Stay strong out there and don't drink bath lotion no matter how cheap it is.
You too, try not to overdose.

I won't call you naive, but if you think criticizing Putin online is dangerous in Russia, you are ignorant about it.
Try reading Russian social networks for a change. Simple search will find thousands of haters.

You too, try not to overdose.

So now that you've resolutely put to bed that you aren't afraid of disagreeing we can settle on hopelessly naive or supportive of authoritarians.

Maybe if Russians start exporting heroin and derivatives to the US they can revive their flagging economy, it's win win.

Careful not to throw stones, you might actually need those if the price of oil remains where it is.
Just reelect your president for the next term, and you will need them too.

Last edited:
So you do think he's a clueless fool? Or just malevolent?
To ruin the country, leader doesn't have to be a fool, you can trust me about this :)
He is not a fool, I doubt anyone who has reached his position can be the one.
But his personal qualities make him more suitable for a businessman or entertainer job, rather than professional politician.

Top Bottom