Trump vineyard seeks Labor Department approval to hire foreign workers

Well, yeah, in the way we force kids to do sports now.

Unless I'm really under a rock, I think we have different idea's of what "forcing kids to do sports" is. What I'm understanding you to say here, which may very well be wrong (And if it is, please let me know.), you think we do/should force kids to do after school sports, such as joining a foot ball team. What I'm thinking of how we force kids to do sports is just gym class. (Which, for the record, I'm not against getting rid of, just divorcing the funding of after school sports from school.)

I think it is really important, so it should be free and compulsory

So, 2 things.

1. I fully agree with you that it should be free, just not though schools. (I'd say though the county or the town/city, though I don't know enough about that area of the budgets to know which would be better.)

2. So, sports should be compulsory due to the fact of exercise? What about other areas of exercise such as track? And what do you say to the people who, say, have a broken leg and can't due sports. Or the fact that in most sports you can suffer lifelong injuries? And, just because you think it is important, how does that give you the power to try and force that on other people? Is that not the same as, say, "I believe in *Inset religion of your choice here* and I think it is good so everyone should as well! I don't care what you think."?

like learning to read and do maths, and try art and stuff.

That is different, most likely not matter what you do, your going to use math or need to read something. But in what modern career will you need a working knowledge of sports? (With the exception of sports, but just look at how few people actually few pro with it.)

Top Bottom