Trump wants to buy Greenland

Prior to the French revolution, there was another republic in Europe, the Venetian Repubic.
Napoleon chose to use the threat of his approaching army to destroy its republican system.

Napoleon has been divisive since 1800. Those who compare him to Hitler do so to denigrate Napoleon by linking him to recent history's best known bad guy. I'm pretty sure no one will change their minds because of this thread. My own biases put me in the @Marla_Singer camp.

Prior to the French revolution, there was another republic in Europe, the Venetian Repubic.
Napoleon chose to use the threat of his approaching army to destroy its republican system.
There's been numerous Republics since the Antiquity: Athens, Rome, Carthage, Venice, Florence, Pisa, the United Provinces, the United States. What bothered Europeans weren't that France became a Republic, but that it made of its first principle that all men are born free and equal in rights.

Now I think we've derailed that thread already enough. We won't agree anyway so let's just move on.

Conquerors of choice and ambition are almost universally revolting humans. News at 11?

Well, I can't blame you for being disappointed in Pelosi now, can I?

Also, don't let the bad guy finish his speech! Just kill him off already!

oh , ı blame the Stuntwoman for this thread too , 'cause like it totally fits . But then you people are also wrong to put ideas to Trump's head . He and his support base are all enjoying this greatly , and the sad thing is like there should really be an epic disaster to make them all wake up and see they are indeed headed for the abyss .

Top Bottom