• Sucker bet - 5%-25%

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Not Happening <5%

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Glacier melt floods Washington

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
not only do his accountants wear yarmalukes that nasty anti-semite's daughter married an orthodox Jew
In all seriousness tho, I don't think that they are anti-semite, they are just zionist and y'know the whole zionist believes that any jew whom oppose Israel aren't jew.

not only do his accountants wear yarmalukes that nasty anti-semite's daughter married an orthodox Jew

Trump (and many Republicans) employs a lot of illegals Mexicans so he cant be racist against Mexicans
/s

Trump is a narcissist, the things he says about jews can be taken in that context
I cant imagine the stuff that will come out during the election year, but get your popcorn ready.

I'm inching towards dropping my vote from "pick em" to "not good." He does have 90% approval from Republicans but that's less than a third of the population. His overall favorability is abysmal. He's rarely out of the low 40s and his disapproval is consistently over 50%.

Doubling down on appeasing his base by being brutal to immigrants and even undermining legal migration might help him with 30% of the population but it isn't doing him favors with the other 70%. Recession is looming. He's diverting FEMA disaster relief money to ICE right before hurricanes hit Puerto Rico and Florida.

I think there were a number of factors that helped him beat Clinton but I don't think those will be present this time. One of the main arguments against Clinton was corruption and there was a misguided belief that he'd be better. He obviously isn't. Anybody arguing otherwise has their head buried deep between their own cheeks.

Its getting harder and harder to see him pulling it off again.

I'm inching towards dropping my vote from "pick em" to "not good." He does have 90% approval from Republicans but that's less than a third of the population. His overall favorability is abysmal. He's rarely out of the low 40s and his disapproval is consistently over 50%.

Doubling down on appeasing his base by being brutal to immigrants and even undermining legal migration might help him with 30% of the population but it isn't doing him favors with the other 70%. Recession is looming. He's diverting FEMA disaster relief money to ICE right before hurricanes hit Puerto Rico and Florida.

I think there were a number of factors that helped him beat Clinton but I don't think those will be present this time. One of the main arguments against Clinton was corruption and there was a misguided belief that he'd be better. He obviously isn't. Anybody arguing otherwise has their head buried deep between their own cheeks.

Its getting harder and harder to see him pulling it off again.

Remember one in 3 doesn't vote and the popular vote doesn't matter so you can win on 33 or 34%. Trump's 30% looks better.

Still not enough IMHO but it's not la la Land him winning.

He might be the best asset the Democrats have to win in 2020. Mayor Pete gets favourable numbers vs him.

If a small town gay mayor can beat him I think it's funny.

that nasty anti-semite's daughter married an orthodox Jew
In all fairness does that mean if my daughter marries a black man, I can't be called a racist?

Remember one in 3 doesn't vote and the popular vote doesn't matter so you can win on 33 or 34%. Trump's 30% looks better.

Still not enough IMHO but it's not la la Land him winning.

He might be the best asset the Democrats have to win in 2020. Mayor Pete gets favourable numbers vs him.

If a small town gay mayor can beat him I think it's funny.
Right, which is why I wouldn't go below "not good."

While I think itd be funny for him to be beaten by a gay guy, I'm pretty skeptical of Pete. He's too evasive when he answers questions. It also seems really fake to me when someone who's an out of the closet homosexual talks so much about God and his religion.

In all fairness does that mean if my daughter marries a black man, I can't be called a racist?
Reminds me of an interview PBS did with some Trump supporters who were saying really racist things. When the reporter asked them if they felt there views were racist, one of them exclaimed her daughter had mixed children and she loves those mixed grandchildren just as much as her white grandchildren and therefore she obviously wasn't racist.

Right, which is why I wouldn't go below "not good."

While I think itd be funny for him to be beaten by a gay guy, I'm pretty skeptical of Pete. He's too evasive when he answers questions. It also seems really fake to me when someone who's an out of the closet homosexual talks so much about God and his religion.
His religion comes across as genuine to me. He definitely plays it up though, I guess he thinks he can convince religious Trump voters to see the error of their ways but they sold their soul to the devil a long time ago.

Reminds me of an interview PBS did with some Trump supporters who were saying really racist things. When the reporter asked them if they felt there views were racist, one of them exclaimed her daughter had mixed children and she loves those mixed grandchildren just as much as her white grandchildren and therefore she obviously wasn't racist.

His religion comes across as genuine to me. He definitely plays it up though, I guess he thinks he can convince religious Trump voters to see the error of their ways but they sold their soul to the devil a long time ago.
I'm sorry but I just can't see how its genuine. Does that make me a bigot? I dont know. I'm an atheist but that's partially because I grew up in a fundamentalist household. Hes definitely not going to pull the evangelical vote that sides against LGBTQ rights over to the Democrats side. It doesn't make sense to pander to the same people who hate you for who you are.

No, I don't think you're a bigot. I think it's genuine but that's just my opinion and I can totally see people not buying it. And I completely agree that it's a useless gesture. He may be trying to appeal to the more religiously-minded liberals (they exist!) but yeah they're going to vote for the Democratic nominee regardless. I would like to think that a debate with Trump that revolves around morality and religion would have a significant impact on his base as they'd finally be forced to see what a lying, irreligious conman he is but I know deep down that's just fantasy as they'll excuse anything he does in the name of ending the baby holocaust and locking up Hillary and the illegals.

Edit: Those farmers I talked about who are lamenting Trump's trade war in another thread actually used Hillary to justify past and future votes for Trump. It's insane.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I just can't see how its genuine. Does that make me a bigot? I dont know. I'm an atheist but that's partially because I grew up in a fundamentalist household. Hes definitely not going to pull the evangelical vote that sides against LGBTQ rights over to the Democrats side. It doesn't make sense to pander to the same people who hate you for who you are.

I think he is genuinely a person of devout faith but his talking about it is exactly as the genuine as the rest of the stuff he says, which is to say: not very. He is every bit as plastic as Hillary was, though he is a bit warmer in presentation and may be a bit better at thinking on his feet than she was (understandable given that she is about twice his age).

He also has an excellent voice, rich and deep. It surprised me when I first heard it, his appearance is ratlike enough that I suppose I subconsciously assumed his voice must be high and squeaky.

Like a blessing would make a difference in her decision making. :lol:
I could give my blessing and still be a racist. A guy at work did that and I have to listen to him complain about it almost daily.

Like a blessing would make a difference in her decision making. :lol:
I could give my blessing and still be a racist. A guy at work did that and I have to listen to him complain about it almost daily.

I can see that happening, he did it for his daughter's happiness. But I'm talking about a sincere blessing, not a begrudging one. I dont get the impression from Trump he complains about having a Jewish son-in-law much less on a daily basis. Seems bizarre to accuse him of anti-semitism.

yo if you think about it it's kind of wild that Berzerker's standard for "not racist" is "didn't become estranged with my daughter for marrying a black guy"

If the father gave his blessing - and he meant it - I wouldn't call him a racist. If he continually complains about the marriage then his blessing was not sincere. Maybe I should have defined blessing as a sincere endorsement, that was the implied definition in my question.

I can see that happening, he did it for his daughter's happiness. But I'm talking about a sincere blessing, not a begrudging one. I dont get the impression from Trump he complains about having a Jewish son-in-law much less on a daily basis. Seems bizarre to accuse him of anti-semitism.

If the father gave his blessing - and he meant it - I wouldn't call him a racist. If he continually complains about the marriage then his blessing was not sincere. Maybe I should have defined blessing as a sincere endorsement, that was the implied definition in my question.

Oh #$%^ I thought you're post was a joke. So this is the old schooly type racism that pervades the right these days. It runs down the heart of the GOP and taints everything they do, and recently its gaining headlines since we are again hearing about the vices of "black culture" and such.

Fwiw, I knew a lady who was raising two half black half white kids, and she'd always blame those kid's problems on the black side. She loved those kids, that doesn't mean she wasn't racist.

We can't guess his inner self. Hell, we can't guess his public self.

But we know he loves his daughter. :lol:

Oh #$%^ I thought you're post was a joke. So this is the old schooly type racism that pervades the right these days. It runs down the heart of the GOP and taints everything they do, and recently its gaining headlines since we are again hearing about the vices of "black culture" and such.

Fwiw, I knew a lady who was raising two half black half white kids, and she'd always blame those kid's problems on the black side. She loved those kids, that doesn't mean she wasn't racist.

My question about whether or not a blessing was given refers to the notions of rejection and acceptance, not rejection and 'what are you gonna do' but complain. I see no indication Trump has not accepted Kushner, therefore I have reason to believe his blessing was sincere which makes charges of anti-semitism look illogical. Now if you guys want to argue his blessing was insincere, go for it. Show us where Trump has criticized his son-in-law's Jewishness. If you cant, then why compare Trump to people who do complain about the race of their in-laws? They aren't evidence Trump's anti-semitic.

Top Bottom