• Sucker bet - 5%-25%

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Not Happening <5%

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Glacier melt floods Washington

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the father gave his blessing - and he meant it - I wouldn't call him a racist. If he continually complains about the marriage then his blessing was not sincere. Maybe I should have defined blessing as a sincere endorsement, that was the implied definition in my question.

Well, I guess that's fairer.

My question about whether or not a blessing was given refers to the notions of rejection and acceptance, not rejection and 'what are you gonna do' but complain. I see no indication Trump has not accepted Kushner, therefore I have reason to believe his blessing was sincere which makes charges of anti-semitism look illogical. Now if you guys want to argue his blessing was insincere, go for it. Show us where Trump has criticized his son-in-law's Jewishness. If you cant, then why compare Trump to people who do complain about the race of their in-laws? They aren't evidence Trump's anti-semitic.

https://www.google.com/search?q=com...ome..69i57.10493j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I mean I don't know how you can be so well informed and completely uninformed at the same time. This kind of racism is pretty typical. The confederacy loved blacks in the antebellum south. As long as they stayed in their place. The racism these days that is so prevalent in boomer and older circles is very similar just not as severe. It still leads to systemic racism from our government and businesses.

What does any of that have to do with Trump's alleged anti-semitism or what I said?

You know a lot of anti-Semitism or racism does not necessarily mean one hates every individual, as there can be individuals who are not part of the problem. German black kids of US soldiers are more accepted and do better in society because they weren't exposed to black culture, so many who people would call racist against blacks have absolutely no problem with these black individuals. A lot of anti-gay agenda types are more than happy to embrace the gay individual who also is sick of the flamboyant and sellout so-called gay lifestyle being forced on society. And anti-Semitism doesn't always look like 'jews will not replace us' shouting skinheads, but an underlying belief that their culture, not every individual if course, but Jewry as a whole is parasitic and overly represented in banking and media, and has dual loyalties.

Today's amusing observation on the Trump administration:

Violate the Hatch act, no problem; speak to the media you're fired, immediately.

What does any of that have to do with Trump's alleged anti-semitism or what I said?

Worth a read.
Trump has no problem with race as long as money was involved.

Trump talked about how he didn’t want black people handling his money; he wanted the guys with the yarmulkes
As far as discrimination, he wouldn’t discriminate against somebody who had $3 million to pay for a three-bedroom apartment. Eventually he had some very unsavory characters there

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

You know a lot of anti-Semitism or racism does not necessarily mean one hates every individual, as there can be individuals who are not part of the problem. German black kids of US soldiers are more accepted and do better in society because they weren't exposed to black culture, so many who people would call racist against blacks have absolutely no problem with these black individuals. A lot of anti-gay agenda types are more than happy to embrace the gay individual who also is sick of the flamboyant and sellout so-called gay lifestyle being forced on society. And anti-Semitism doesn't always look like 'jews will not replace us' shouting skinheads, but an underlying belief that their culture, not every individual if course, but Jewry as a whole is parasitic and overly represented in banking and media, and has dual loyalties.

If someone blesses his daughter's marriage to an orthodox Jew you're gonna need some good evidence they generally hate Jews. What you're describing is not racism (or bigotry) but a rejection of certain cultural phenomenon. Look at your example, even some gay people are 'sick' of the sell out gay lifestyle (whatever that means). Thats true for black people and 'black culture' too (whatever that means) and for Jews who dont like the cultures of other Jews. Thats culturalism, not racism.

Worth a read.
Trump has no problem with race as long as money was involved.

Trump was accused of anti-semitism, thats what we're debating.

If someone blesses his daughter's marriage to an orthodox Jew you're gonna need some good evidence they generally hate Jews. What you're describing is not racism (or bigotry) but a rejection of certain cultural phenomenon. Look at your example, even some gay people are 'sick' of the sell out gay lifestyle (whatever that means). Thats true for black people and 'black culture' too (whatever that means) and for Jews who dont like the cultures of other Jews. Thats culturalism, not racism.

Well my examples used the language racists and homophobes use, thinking the German US black culture thing..is a thing, or using a token gay to mask their homophobia. Culturalism sounds like fancy word to mask bigotry.

Well my examples used the language racists and homophobes use, thinking the German US black culture thing..is a thing, or using a token gay to mask their homophobia. Culturalism sounds like fancy word to mask bigotry.

You referred to gay people who reject an aspect of 'gay culture'. Is that bigotry?

I told my niece she's allowed to date at age 30, she's 10 but she didn't like that idea.

Its called a history of racist behavior and hypocrisy
Example: Is that Trump has hes clothing and merchandising all made in China while denouncing China for raping the US trade balance.

Maybe Trump isnt racist, hes just a [censored] moron ?

I told my niece she's allowed to date at age 30, she's 10 but she didn't like that idea

I told my oldest to wait until I'm dead. Barring that, she should at least try to date people that have their life somewhat squared away.

Obvious normal protective dad joke aside, what does this joke really say about society? It seems to validate the concerns about..
Protecting daughters from toxic-masculinity!!! And yet most guys would say there's no such thing... So why the protectiveness???

To protect her from losers that aren't capable of taking care of themselves, let alone her.

And I swear, if she brings home some dude with a manbun...

Don't get me wrong, I get and am a fan of the joke. But it is only towards daughters, so is it saying we care more for girls, think less of their ability to manage, recognize the threat men pose to them?

There's always a lot of outrage and pushback against conversations aimed at looking at some of the problem areas in regards to gender roles etc. But then these ideas are pretty much confirmed in other ways by those pushing back on the conversation.

Don't get me wrong, I get and am a fan of the joke. But it is only towards daughters, so is it saying we care more for girls, think less of their ability to manage, recognize the threat men pose to them?

There's always a lot of outrage and pushback against conversations aimed at looking at some of the problem areas in regards to gender roles etc. But then these ideas are pretty much confirmed in other ways by those pushing back on the conversation.

The way my mother explained it was men don't come home pregnant. She stressed out more over my sister.

I was allowed to have girlfriends stay over aged 18. GF was 16/17.

Her parents like me and she was allowed to stay over. Think I passed the have a beer with her dad test. And he owned a gun.

If your daughter hooks up with dead beat and he bolts who carries the can if she gets pregnanr? Daughters family.

Last edited:
The way my mother explained it was men don't come home pregnant. She stressed out more over my sister.

I was allowed to have girlfriends stay over aged 18.

Her parents like me and she was allowed to stay over. Think I passed the have a beer with her dad test. And he owned a gun.

If your daughter hooks up with dead beat and he bolts who carries the can if she gets pregnanr? Daughters family.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Racism and bigotry is not only about hate, but about biases and assumptions that lead to bad results. I call it level two racism. You might not even think you are better than whoever you are doing this to, but it still leads to assumptions and biases that hurt those people. The fact that these are held by so many in power and by the President himself is a clear indication of the problem at large. The problem that a third of America still wants to hand their hats on these tropes means it is literally ruining lives and potential.

Hell even a big swath of the current incarnation of fascists don;t want to exterminate whole groups of people. They just want them separated because their "culture" doesn't mix. I guess that is progress from the last century? I don't know. I do know it is ugly, stupid, and yes racist.

Top Bottom