1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Trun your CivIII Conquests into a whole new game! (new:45 Units/33Techs/1Gov)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by omarshaheen, Jun 19, 2004.

1. estonianman

estonianman Chieftain

I have had a game going on now for three days, and I believe I cannot apply your patch without ruining my save game. Is it possible for you to just upload the PediaIcons.txt file so I can finish this game? It is true that in the beginning the AI will not research, but after leaking them some tech I have made them competitive. I am in the beginning of the industrial age and I really do not feel like starting this game over.

2. estonianman

estonianman Chieftain

ah... nevermind .... I see that the patch is pretty good. I patch my game and start over. thank you for all your hard work !!!!!

3. warmwaffles

warmwaffles Programmer

hey Omarsheen how do flavors work I haven't really got the concept of it yet.

4. omarshaheen

omarshaheen Veteran

- OK, now let's see, Estonianman :) You can update your scenario, the updates will only affect new games, as for your current game, you will just get to play normally without any failure messages ;)

- Drivebymaster,
    Actually Falvors create a sort of "link" between different civs, or civs and techs. For instance you would want communism to be more appealing to research for Russians! so you can classify the Russian Civ as having say "Flavor 4" and communism as having flavor 4 as well, similarly you can influence the behavior of civs having certain flavors, for instance in a WWII scenario you can have civs with Flavor 1, as allies, while those with Flavor 2 as Axis, and Flavor 3 as neutral. Now to complete your settings you can adjust relations in the flavors window to cause dislike between civs having flavors 1 and 2, and maybe neutral behavior between these civs, and civs having flavor 3. As you can see the possibilities are unlimited, and the good thing is that flavors do not for instance necessarily dictate any specific behavior, unlike alliances, but that's another story ;).....

5. omarshaheen

omarshaheen Veteran

Everybody, I tried hard to find a solution for the remaining two units, and I think that I could say that I have finally managed to balance the equation. Now you can use this patch (1b) if you want to enjoy playing with Annihilators and heavy mech. Warriors, they are quite awesome units after all :)
    Actually to solve the mystery of their high shield value without affecting other units I resorted to introducing two new buildings (Mech Lab and Annihilator Production Facility), these buildings require high maintenance and will produce these units on regular intervals, such that the unit cost in shield is interpreted into Gold (Number of turns required x Maintenance cost of facility).
    If you don't find them interesting then you don't need to restart your game again because this is the only modification in this patch.
    As usual Unzip file to your conquests directory.

Attached Files:

6. estonianman

estonianman Chieftain

WOW thanx omarshaheen !!!!! This is the first mod I have ever tried for civ3 and I have to say it is like a whole new game

7. stLancer

stLancer Chieftain

it is really a good mod, but it takes so much time to run.thanks for your great work.

8. omarshaheen

omarshaheen Veteran

After testing this Mod, I found that it still needs some tweeking, This Patch (1c) tackles the following issues:
    1- Corrects the Industrial Era Tech map.
    2- Scales Unit Cost to be more realistic (for those high cost units).
    3- Redistributes Oil resources in accordance with the proven oil reserves of the 20th century.
    4- Boosting the strength of Portugal adding one more super power. Now there are 12 Super powers with various levels of strength, but generally speaking you can win with any of these civs: America, Russia, England, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Japan, China, Islamic World, Canada.
    5- Turn Limit has been pushed to 1000 to allow for the completion and utilization of the future era techs, and units.
    6- Increased the cost of building Settlers to 500 shield to limit the addition of new cities (Though AI will still build new cities despite that!).

Scenario Testing Results:
    It took me 3 days to reach the year 1880 (100Turns), few turns ago, and despite strong trade links all hell break loose and the world was divided into two blocks! ; East (Islamic World and Russian), and West! (England, Spain, and Germany), the rest are still neutral. I have noticed that a time delay is introduced whenever a city’s ownership is transferred, or a trade link is destroyed, this was quite noticeable lately with all the destruction and invasions going on all over the globe. Over all I DID enjoy my first experience with my own scenario! Though I have to say that you MUST have at least a PIV 2GHz to play the scenario, and you should have something to do whenever the computer goes into compiling a lengthy turn, But you can still enjoy the mod if you would import another map.
    Patch Link: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/Civ3_Expanded_Patch1d.zip

9. estonianman

estonianman Chieftain

One more thing,

when building the wonder you added - can't remember what it was - the game crashes - in a similiar way like the other crashes.

Sorry, for not remembering exactly what it did, I haven't played this mod in a long time!

10. omarshaheen

omarshaheen Veteran

I am not sure what the problem is, but all recent patches (including this one) has solved all crashes, its been quite some time since anyone mentioned any crashes with this mod. But just be carful in the definition of a crash, because a crash to me is an error message and not a long loading time, because the scenario included with this Mod. tends to take a lot of processing time (This is NOT a crash).

However I did find a small string missing!!! that's why I renamed the patch to 1D, but this couldn't have been the wonder you were talking about its another one. Anyway Now I can guarantee to you that if you download the above patch you will NOT have this error message again.

11. omarshaheen

omarshaheen Veteran

After finishing the industrial era, I decided to add Just a couple of quick adjustments:
    - Fixed Happiness for Al Azhar Wonder
    - Prohibited building Cities on Tandra (this should help greatly in decreasing waiting intervals due to AI building useless cities on Tundra all the time).

Attached Files: