1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Trung Sisters

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by agonistes, Feb 5, 2019.

1. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

If we did indeed get the Trung sisters, or another example of 2 leaders ruling at the same time, how might it be implemented?

2. pgm123

pgm123 Warlord

I'm guessing you could complete a project in your Government Plaza to switch between LUAs.

CPWimmer likes this.
  3. cosmicmangobear

cosmicmangobear Chieftain

I doubt anything would change that much, except for the leader screen having 2 characters instead of one.

It’s a cool concept, though. And I’d love to see this implemented with Trung Sisters for Vietnam, William and Mary for England, Hero Twins for the Maya, etc.

4. steveg700

steveg700 Warlord

VermelhoRed likes this.
  5. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

We could also have Hilary and Bill Clinton ruling at the same time as well. :mischief:
    Or George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.

cosmicmangobear likes this.
  6. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

Hi, I've made a mod about them:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1514870297
    I gave them a policy slot that changes: this slot is military when you're at War with a major civ, diplomatic when you're at Peace. the idea was to reflect a dual personality....Moreover, both were appearing in the leaderscene.

Sirimiri, Meluhhan and ChocolateShake like this.
  7. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

Yeah, given the Phoenecia capital action, this would make the most sense as a way to handle it.

CPWimmer likes this.
  8. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

I think the Trung Sisters (also Justin and Theodora) could be just modeled together on the same screen

9. VermelhoRed

VermelhoRed Chieftain

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  10. cosmicmangobear

cosmicmangobear Chieftain

A way around this could be having Ba Trieu as the leader instead. She is considered the Vietnamese Joan of Arc and is still revered today as a cultural hero of Vietnam.

PhoenicianGold likes this.
  11. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Chieftain

I just need to say that I really hate this proposed gimmick. No civ merits twice the animation work, definitely not Vietnam. And having two personalities on screen ruins the conceit of giving each civ a personality to negotiate with. They can get one leader like everyone else.

12. Naktis

Naktis Chieftain

For them its screen model like someone mentions, maybe talking about different subjects you could get different replies depending who answers.

The only 2 leaders that could appear on screen at once and act differently is Rome Republic Consuls.

13. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Chieftain

I think you mean Justinian and Theodora.

Justin was the uncle of Justinian and the prior emperor. Petrus Sabbatius changed his name to Justinian to honor his uncle, who adopted him.

bite and VermelhoRed like this.
  14. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Chieftain

Eh. I don't mind seeing it as an experiment. It could also pave the way for a civ having an animal companion, which would also need animation.

Reminds me of the sheer number of Civ V leaders who were on horses....

15. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Trung Trac was the actual queen so it would make sense to use her and not necessarily her sister, though I wouldn’t mind.

VermelhoRed likes this.
  16. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Warlord

It would make sense for the basic reasons that we have leaders in the first place (and now why there is a duel leader). It would open up the code to allow modders more freedom. Afterall that is why the feature is introduced but not heavily expanded on by the Civ team. Once they get the groundwork done then the modders can have at it if they would like. That would make sense to build in the framework for 2 models on screen, now what civ is their guinea pig is another story.

17. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

I don't know the history, but they could also do it like the Ottomans with having just a single leader, but having a UG to go along with it as a secondary ability.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  18. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Chieftain

No. I hated the horses. The game is already Disney enough as it is without animal sidekicks.

Tippy the tiger leads Nepal in Civilization VI: Furry Friends!

Kill it with fire.

cosmicmangobear likes this.
  19. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

Well then I get the impression that that would ruin the novelty and the whole point of the choice for people.

20. SxSnts9

SxSnts9 Chieftain

I'm usually against gamey gimmicks, but the idea of using a city project to switch "Leaders" and gain a different LUA is something that I think could be pretty enjoyable. I wouldn't be against it.