1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Trunk and Trebuchet Development

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: RPG' started by Provolution, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Trunk and Trebuchet Development

Trunk and Trebuchet Development was founded right after the conquest of Babylon, 1400 AD, by a General from the War Elephants that was decommissioned and a crippled engineer from one of the siege trebuchets.

From the beginning, this became a Building Contractor, at first specializing in building armories for townhouses of influential Aretians, as well as building naked statues of the Whore of Babylon in order to attract and impress house-guests.

Elephants and Trebuchets were used to build and demolish buildings, hence the name.

2. Provolution

"Trunk and Trebuchet Development"

Limited supply 1400 AD-1500 AD

One exclusive Armory for the basement of your townhouse (20 hammers worth, market price 40 gold)

Seven beautiful statues of the Babylonian Whore, for the garden (1 hammers worth each, market price 2 gold each).

I produced construction for the house worth 27 hammers, and this is all there is to offer.
    Remember that armory gives your home some protection, and the statues will gain value over time.

3. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Um, Provo, as the Item Manager, I am the One who descides the Price or anything sold legitimatly.

But I like your Prices, so the Prices may stay.

Item Manager Action- Item Price Aprroved

4. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Vandal you are the price manager for items sold by manufacturers and resalers. This is the construction industry the prices have been preset. 1 hammer is worth 2 Yenarii in appraisal value to your home. So if you wanted to upgrade your house you pour your hammers into your house and receive a re-appraisal of your house. Provo's idea (as far as I can tell) is to add a bit of RP to this bland system. Since he is getting a 2:1 ratio of actual Yenarii for every hammer he sells. So instead of saying I dissolve 20 hammers into my house, you would come to the Trunks and Trebuchets and add one of his glorious additions. Is this about right Provo?

5. Provolution

Trunks and Trebuchets please (made of retired war elephants and obsoleted siege engines, now used in the construction business, yes hammers to gold were fixed, and by making construction firms sell these things at regulated prices, we add more flavor to the game.
    Of course, as the firm gets bigger, the more advanced and expensive things I can make, but I got to invest some hammers for that. :)

Yes, except for trumpets (trunks) you are right :)

6. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

error edited :hammer2:

7. west india man

west india man Immortal

How do you get a house? If u just buy one from here, I would like to buy it, the statues and armory

8. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Your RPG registration has not yet been noted in the Aretan Royal Treasury (ART). When Lord Civius posts your account, he will authorize your modest house in the city you have chosen to live. That will be YOUR house. You can add to it by spending your hammers or gold. Hammers would probably be wisest. Then you can add things like statues and an armory.

Provolution has not been very active of late, but he might be subscribing to this thread, so he might reply. But there's nothing he can do for you until you get your house and a Yenarii account that he can deduct his charges from. You might want to wait a day or two. :)

9. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

If you use your own hammers to upgrade your house you do not need to buy hammers from T&T. Like Cyc said your ART account will be created on monday (the next scheduled update). I send new members PM's with links so do not worry my friend.