1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to bump up a notch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by bobsteve, Mar 14, 2006.

1. bobsteve

bobsteve Chieftain

Im pretty sure ive mastered noble, but im unsure about moving up a nother difficulty lvl. Can anyone recomend a good civ to start out as I understand that some civs are better at higher lvls. I tend to enjoy quite a bit of warmongering but is that still possible at higher lvls? So far my favorite civ is Russia/Catheryn for the cossacks and financial. I normaly play a game on standard/normal speed. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. LordOfTheDrinks

LordOfTheDrinks Chieftain

Catherine will be great above noble too.
    And keep your warmongering skills in shape -- you'll need 'em even more :).

3. al_thor

al_thor Prince

Try China - Industrious & Financial. You can really crank out the wonders, half-priced forges, and the financial benefits.

If you want to try some early warmongering, give the Romans a go. The Pretorian is unstoppable.

4. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

As an added challenge for noble, try the Tilted Axis maps or with some of the other game options checked, e.g., agg. civs, random pers., raging barbs, etc.