Trying to get the giant Earth mod to work on vista.

Gumbolt

Phoenix Rising
Trying to get the giant Earth mod to work on vista.

Downloaded the giant earth map zip. Tried the instructions on it and i come up with a list of 40 failed attempts at performing a process.

I assume the giant earth mod works on vista. How do i best install this beast to put my c2d cpu and 4gb of ram to a real challenge? Probably missed a post on here but not really used mods before.

Any help will be much appreciated. I am using latest beyond the sword patch from Firaxis.

What version of BTS do you have? If it's 3.17 many of the mods will not work if they are only compatable with 3.13.

3.17 sadly :(

Do i need to wait for a new mod?

Someone get to it!!!! hehe

There are other mods and map scripts that will work with 3.17. I'm not sure about Earth specific maps but I know Planet_Generator .68 works and I believe XXL world was just recently updated to work. Check the various mods and just make sure whatever one you're using is 3.17 compatible.

I was merely trying to play with the extra large map. Huge is okay but I need to branch out. Will have a look in mod section later on today once i have slept.

I was merely trying to play with the extra large map. Huge is okay but I need to branch out. Will have a look in mod section later on today once i have slept.

Which version of GEM you've got? v5.1 and v5.2 (which I still having trouble uploading it) should be compatible with BTS 3.1.7.

If you have GEM v5.0, it will need to be run on BTS 3.1.3.

Doh i think its version 4.2. I downloaded it 3-4 month back but never got round to installing. (I didnt know they got updated each 1-2 months)

Will have a look for the latest version on site.

Cheers.

Tried to download v5.2 from the forum.

Warning: copy(./downloads/36921-giant_earth_map.zip) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /downloads.php on line 706
ERROR: File not found.

Got the following error message as above. Is this anything to do with site going offline last week?

Might try again later today. Some day i might get this patch to work if I can download it. ;)

I can wait 24hrs or so. Got another game to finish first. Worst comes to worst can the patch be posted elsewhere on web?

Version 6.3 installed fine on vista. I do get around to things. lol

Top Bottom