Trying to name my son

SerriaFox

King
My wife is trying to push the name Richard on him.

I don't dislike Richard, but I don't like the nicknames, and I think is sound pretension.

Any good family names?

Name him something manly.

Biff Webster
Spud Crowley
Chuck Steak

How about something like Erik Andrew or Peter Rolf?

Or if you want something fancy, how about Cadillac Ah You? :p

Seriously. Why beat around the bush when you can go straight to the source? Call him God.

A.K.A. Chuck Norris

Or you could Rick Roll your own kid

First name: Rick, Middle Name: Rollins

Name him Max Power.

I got that off a hairdryer.

Guess you guys are tying to tell mean Richard ain't that bad. Cause I hope you guys aren't serious with those suggestions.

My name is out, my wife "hates" my dad's name. And grandpa is my name.

My wife is trying to push the name Richard on him.

I don't dislike Richard, but I don't like the nicknames, and I think is sound pretension.

You don't want your son to be a Dick. We get it. Richard is a good enough name; unless your surname is Head, Face, Army, Hunter, Zuckerman, Cheney, Long (actually that's kind of cool), Johnson, Wang, Jackson, Cox, Pitt, Pritchard, Richardson, Small or Little.
Do you have anything in mind? Family-related names are kind of cool.

Also for the love of god, don't name your son Jack. or Cooper.

My name is out, my wife "hates" my dad's name. And grandpa is my name.
I wish my name was Grandpa.

Since I don't know what to offer you, I'll just tell you a few names I like:
Robert
Guy
Isaac
Frank
Ira.

If you don't mind telling us, what's your last name? It's kind of hard to give serious name suggestions if we don't know how they'll sound with a last name.

If you don't mind telling us, what's your last name? It's kind of hard to give serious name suggestions if we don't know how they'll sound with a last name.
Agreed. It's best to choose a first and middle name that "blends" well with the last name.

You could call him Virote, in honor of me - I'd be flattered. :D

Although from what I gather out of hearsay which I've just made up, a substantial part of the OT user-base are going to name their (firstborn in many cases) son after me - so I guess if you act soon, you can say you did it before it became fashionable!

Here is some more information. You've made the right choice. Such a smart name in honor of such a noble and modest person. :)

Badel 1862.

Top Bottom