Trying to play MP via internet

Angelus Errare

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

Been a while since my friend and I tried to play this mod via internet. We tried many versions and manage to find one that is a little stable (desync every 15 turns) but have some major bugs sometimes.

Since then, every new version we try just desync every turn or crash to window at the end of the first turn.

We did all we could but we would like to play with new versions (with less bugs). We don't care about a few desyncs but we would like to have barbarians in the game (I know you have less bugs when removing them...)

We tried EVERY version we found since Novembre, nothing is working... Any idea why ? We followed every instructions...

Thanks,
Angelus

Go to the DLC Modpack Repository for the latest version. Barbarians and ruins work fine with no bugs unique to multiplayer that I know of. It's perfectly stable for me, though it depends entirely on who hosts it. If neither of you can host a stable game, then there's little that can be done without getting both a better connection and decent specs.

Sadly we tried the last version and it doesn't work.... We have both decent specs (top gaming pc, mine is only 2 months old) and decent connection so nothing to worry there.... The problem seems to come from the mod

Well, I still can't help you. It runs fine for me though it did require messing around with hosts once I got a third player in. You can try clearing your cache if you don't already do that I suppose.

Well, we tried without barbs and ruins, same problem with the last version : the game crashes and goes back to windows after the first turn. I mention that without playing online, all works fine, even creating an internet lobby with only me and seven AI, it works....
It's not even desync here, we can't play at all

We cleared the cache both of us, nothing changed

Well, we tried without barbs and ruins, same problem with the last version : the game crashes and goes back to windows after the first turn. I mention that without playing online, all works fine, even creating an internet lobby with only me and seven AI, it works....
It's not even desync here, we can't play at all

We cleared the cache both of us, nothing changed
It's definitely not a problem with VP if you're crashing on the first turn. Sounds like someone didn't install the modpack correctly. Everyone has to use the same version and extract the modpack. Make sure no one did something stupid like forgetting that they have to open the file and extract the folder inside of it, or not removing other modpacks.

First : make sure everyone has the same version of civilisation (and if you have time, reinstall civ on each computer). The VP use the random generator in a different way than vanilla, so it is very important to have exactly the same random generator for each computer.
Another point : play only with "official maps". Maps such as "communitas" has some very odd bugs that only appear with some peoples.
Lastly : Were you using simultaneous (or hybrid) turns ? If yes, you can try one game in sequential, and if it fail then there is really something wrong with one of your computers
(multiplayer with sequential turn have been tested quite a lot, and is supposed to be completly stable)

We have uninstalled the game and are reinstalling it. We will try this afternoon and I'll let you know...
We are using only official maps (Shuffle is our prefered) and we play in hybrid turns, we never tried sequential. If it doesn't work we will try ^^
Thanks for the help

I am very happy to announce you that all is ok ! We did clear totally our civ game, uninstalling every file and reinstalling it, all is good now !
We don't know where the bug came from since we only played with each other, always with the same version, etc...
Thanks a lot for your help !

Top Bottom