TSG 153 AAR thread

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
Welcome to the TSG153 After Action Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!
STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.
Please use the Civ5 game submission page to submit your final, first play through, .Civ5Save file, saved AFTER the victory ceremony if you were not conquered (using the "Lemme play one more turn" feature.).
- Did you use your UU?
- How useful was your UA?
- Did you use spying to your advantage?
- Did the map type help or hinder victory and how?
- How did the difficulty level affect your game decisions?
- Was Faith helpful to achieve victory?
- What Social Policies did you choose and in what order? Which Ideology did you choose?
- What techs did you prioritize ?

Hi , it is my first GOTM report, but i play a lot of games and had a lot of fun. Try to play Civ6 but it was very boring and i stopped it
I played two times: first finish at 102 turn, second at 90 turn with Domination victory

- Did you use your UU?
yes, 3-5 Jan and one sip, but secod game only one Jan

not very useful

yes, send spy to cs

very simlpe map, win with frigate and privateer, made two army and send it to east and to west, 3 frigate and and one privateer in second game

go to Navigation

not very much got tith for money

- What Social Policies did you choose and in what order? Which Ideology did you choose?
liberty and eploration - 3 (this much better)

atronomy, navigation, gunpowder and then to industr

Civ5 GOTM 153
Date submitted: 2017-02-25 00:26:03
Reference number: 35233
Your name: zxcvbob
Game status: Domination Victory
Game date: 920AD
Turns played: 156
Base score: 1910
Final score: 6161
Time played: 7:55:00

- Did you use your UU?
I used a few janissaries, but not more useful than regular muskets. I did not build any sipahi.

The prize ships thing was not very useful. The reduced maintenance was amazing.

I had one spy in my science city and one in a mercantile CS. The rest didn't do much.

The map and the difficulty level meant the AI's were incapable of putting up a good fight. Even England fell very quickly.

No. I got to the Industrial era too fast and so didn't get to found a religion. The pantheon (culture from pastures) was nice.

Exploration, Honor opener, Rationalism, Autocracy. I almost got a cultural victory by accident (Futurism) I saw what was about to happen and I quit working my guilds to delay getting the next musician. I'm glad I didn't open Aesthetics.

Astronomy, Navigation, Gunpowder, Chemistry, Refrigeration, Electronics, Flight (for Prora), and Combustion.

Just finished playing this one again to see if I could speed it up. 115 turns. Still got to industrial era too fast to found a religion, just barely, even tho I researched all the renaissance techs before moving up. I thought 3 shrines and a captured Notre Dame would do it w/o temples, but that third shrine and ND were too late. But not a big deal. Temples would have been a waste of hammers.

The key seems to be spamming privateers because they don't require iron. Lots and lots of privateers, and expect to lose a few. First time I played, I targeted civs based on how much they could hurt me in the world congress. This time I'm going based on which one is closest to my fleet. I thought about building a 2nd fleet, but that won't save much time. Taking the left side of Honor instead of Rationalism would probably speed it up even more, so my ships can get logistics faster.

Last edited:
Game: Civ5 GOTM 153
Date submitted: 2017-03-03 10:58:43
Reference number: 35250
Your name: beto_java
Game date: 1040AD
Turns played: 164
Base score: 1519
Final score: 4746
Time played: 3:00:00
Submitted save: FINAL_Suleiman_0349 AD-1929.Civ5Save
Renamed file: beto_java_C515301.Civ5Save

Game date: 520AD
Turns played: 136
Base score: 1480
Final score: 5481
Time played: 6:31:00

Somehow I felt that I could do much quicker.
I first built 4 cities before going to war. Frigates were helpful, but indeed I found out too late that spammin privateers would help a lot.
I first built up the economy to support war and city capturing (happiness), but I guess because almost every capital has its luxury that I could start warring earlier.

Got a religion which didn't get many cities in the end anyway.

Nice map though, never played a naval domination warfare before.

Top Bottom