1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

TSG 157 After Action

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Apr 18, 2017.

1. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Welcome to the TSG 157 After Actions Report. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.

Please use the Civ5 game submission page to submit your final, first play through, .Civ5Save file, saved AFTER the victory ceremony if you were not conquered (using the "Lemme play one more turn" feature.).

- Describe your city settlements and tech/social policy strategy.
    - What VC did you ultimately choose? Did you start the game with that in mind or change strategies later?

**Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.**

Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences (please state if the game is a replay). Please refrain from posting videos until the deadline for submission is over.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. zxcvbob

zxcvbob Chieftain

Um, are those the right questions? They look copied from the recent Spain gotm. ;)

This one was a lot of fun. (interesting choice of AI's, and Genghis had a whole continent to himself) I think it was impossible to win peacefully because Genghis and Attila were murdering all the city states, so in the modern era I got my warmonger on.

I pretty much beelined Globalization with a few detours for stuff like Railroad, Used Oxford to grab Globalization the same turn I finished Telecommunications, and it still took almost 400 turns for the first world leader vote. (I probably should have Oxford'd Telecom to trigger the vote, then researched Globalization the old fashioned way)

I'll upload/post my results tomorrow, they are on my other computer.

3. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

4. zxcvbob

zxcvbob Chieftain

Game: Civ5 GOTM 157
    Date submitted: 2017-04-19 14:56:59
    Reference number: 35368
    Your name: zxcvbob
    Game status: Diplomacy Victory
    Game date: 1975AD
    Turns played: 395
    Base score: 2935
    Final score: 3715
    Time played: 8:38:00

I settled in place and started with a scout, monument, and shrine. Scouted around with my warrior but didn't go to far from home with him. Researched pottery first, then animal husbandry to reveal horses, sheep and cattle. Social policies were Honor opener, full Tradition, full Patronage, full Rationalism, Freedom(8), then started working on Commerce.

I settled 7 cities, one of kinda late (off the screenshot to the south) just to claim the land before an AI cluttered up my continent, and another very late up north, on the same site where I had just razed a Hunnic city, to grab some coal. ( I *thought* I would get coal from M'banza-Kongo.)

I built lots of wonders; the high priority ones were Petra and Colossus for the extra trade routes, Hanging Gardens, and Temple of Artemis (I got all 4 of those, Petra and Artemis were in Lodz.) The plan was to use Treaty Organization to seize control of the world congress and eventually ally all the CS's. I avoided building hotels because I didn't want an accidental culture victory (was probably not that great a risk)

These thread usually ask about uniques; I did build a few winged hussars, but late in the game because they were the least-hammer units I could produce to gift to CS's for influence (Arsenal of Democracy) I kept one because he started with enough promotions to get March and I thought that might be useful in a AT or helicopter, but I never used him. The Ducal stables were awesome.

20170419120419_1.jpg

Edit: I "just one more turn" and played 30 more turns and conquered all the AI's; puppeted all their cities. :)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 1:02 PM
  5. Billick

Billick Chieftain

Game status: Diplomacy Victory
    Game date: 1868AD
    Turns played: 304
    Base score: 1298
    Final score: 2163
    Time played: 3:58:00

Painfully slow start. I only built one scout, and got it killed due to carelessness. I had to hunker down to fight off barbs, so my early scouting was limited. I ended up only settling 3 cities total because of lack of good locations, and my NC was very late (turn 120ish). I got Petra, which helped a lot. I meant to get Colossus, but it went shockingly early. I got HG because the AI didn't go for it though. Attila warred me twice, and I made just enough military to fight him off. Policies were Tradition, Patronage, Rationalism, Freedom, and then opened Commerce. Turn 304 win was pretty okay considering the bad start.