TSG 159 Announcement

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 159
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////
Welcome to the 159th game in the GOTM V Training Series! This Series will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these features from Civ5's expansions and DLCs in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread.
Must Read!
We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Dont replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif, Hammer Rabbi or me know (either in the forums or through Private Message) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed.
Civ V BNW - TSG159 Details:
Player (You): Gandhi of India
Victory Condition
: Domination all other VCs are enabled, Difficulty: Emperor
Civs/City-States
(including player): 8/16
Map Type/Size: Earth/standard
Game pace: quick
Game options:
Start - Atomic Era
Enabled - Quick Combat, Quick Movement, Complete Kills, No Barbarians

(Regardless of starting options, you may turn on/off Quick Combat/Quick Movement using the game options menu at any time during gameplay.)
Game Version: This game was created in Civ5 Brave New World version 1.0.3.279.
Game Requirements: korea, mongolia . Gods and Kings expansion, Brave New World Expansion.
India Unique Abilities:
Spoiler :
UA: Population growth unhappiness from cities is doubled. unhappiness from population is halved
UU: War Elephant. - a Unique unit that replaces the chariot Archer it is stronger but slower than the chariot archer. it doesn't require horses
UB Mughal Fort -replaces the castle. provides 2 culture per turn .

This is where you will start:
TS159Start.jpg

Information about threads associated with each individual TSG -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
Spoiler :
Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.
TSG Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (dont be afraid to ask questions). Its also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please dont post any game-related info once you open and play the save. Instead use the next thread.
Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.
After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.
Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by earliest date and highest score ). We will issue a medal to the top winner (based on earliest date finished for each VC). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

File Upload System
We have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature) Please note: you must submit your game on the turn following Victory. If you continue to play, the game overwrites the data and your submission could be rejected by the submission system.
This game runs for a month and ends June 16th, 2017.

The save will be available for download on 5/16/17 midnight Central Standard time (UTC -6:00) in the US.
The Save can be found here.

Attachments

• TSG159_Sart.Civ5Save
    519.8 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
I know it has only been 9 months since we had an India Dom game, but I figured he truly deserves an Atomic start for you to play him in traditional fashion ;) I will be disappointed if I don't see endgame posts with lots of fallout :D

Hammer Rabbi has retired from game development. Knowtalent missed the number and so 158 was skipped by accident.

If you wish to discuss this, please start a separate thread as this is not the place. Thanks.

Hey, I'm playing a practice game or two. My setup menu gives me two "earth" map options. Looks like maybe one of them wraps, so I'm guessing the other doesn't. For this game - what planet are we on?

Very interesting settings! I will try a test game to get the feel. I will miss the UU (and religion).

NE setter to SIP. Everyone spreads out, but prolly the other settler heads N.

From my other advance start games, Workshops first then Settlers. 4-city Tradition working the trees just like usual.

In half my dom games I end turtling until the Nuclear Missiles come online, so it will be interesting to try and make a point of that (so as to keep @Knowtalent happy)! Usually AI India is more nuke happy than I ever am. Since India does poorly with lots of small cities, and wastelands do not promote growth, I will see if I cannot use nukes to erase cities. I love that effect!

Workshops are already there. To get factories quickly, one of your Settlers needs to find coal.

I have recently came back to Civ5 and just joined this forum. GOTM is an interesting idea. I will participate in this one.

I do not think I picked the right Earth map, but here is what my test game showed me about the Atomic Era start:
  • Cities start at size 4 with several buildings: Monument, Granary, Library, Colosseum, Market, Barracks, Workshop, Amphitheater, and Lighthouse (if on the Coast). If you plant on Iron, you get a forge. I do not know about Stables and Stoneworks.
  • You start with 5 policies. I think Tradition remains OP: Free Opera Houses and Aqueducts, and India is all about Growth.
  • On the 2nd turn, you will first to Ideologies, but you do not get free Tenets.
My build order in cap was Watermill, then Ironworks, Settler, and then Statue of Liberty. I am trying a Freedom dom game because Freedom does not need many policies to warmonger. I am waiting on Rocket Launchers. For the GotM I will probably go with Autocracy. I am skipping Rationalism.

Pro Tip: Build the Musicians Guild early (I did not) so you can theme SOH. I used Oxford for Satellites and was in the Information age before I knew it. I hard build Eiffel Tower and bulbed Hubble and GFW.

I hand-picked opponents so they get at least one UU: Bismarck, Casimir, Gustavus, Oda, Pedro, Suleiman, Washington.

I played a practice game last night because I've never played an Earth map or an atomic-era start. I did a mix of Tradition, Exploration, Patronage, and Freedom. I did not open Honor because I thought there would be no barbarians, but there were barbs. I mostly turtled for a while, beelining Ecology (recycling centers), then worked my way down the tech tree for Satellites, Nanotech, and Stealth, and built up my military (was building xcoms and stealth bombers in one turn) and got my warmonger on. But about 60 turns in, I had to build the space ship really quick and got a science victory because Suleiman was just one part away. Then I just one more turned and went back to warring. (then it was 2:00 in the morning)

There's no need to finish any of the tech trees with an Atomic era start, the finisher bonuses are nerfed because no faith.

Top Bottom