1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TSG204 After Action

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Mar 17, 2021.

1. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Welcome to the TSG 204 After Action Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!
    STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.
    Please attach your final, first play through, .Civ5Save file, saved AFTER the victory ceremony if you were not conquered (using the "Lemme play one more turn" feature.) In your post.
    - How useful was your UA?
    - Did you use spying to your advantage?
    - Did the map type help or hinder victory and how?
    - How did the difficulty level affect your game decisions?
    - What Social Policies did you choose and in what order? Which Ideology did you choose?
    - What techs did you prioritize ?
    - What did you think of the map and settings?

2. urbis

urbis Chieftain

Interesting scenario! I'll be impressed by anyone who achieves victory.

Retired defeated 1270AD. Was WAY behind on score and number of cities, was ignoring western lands and aiming to dominate eastern lands. Persuaded the rivals to war with each other, and was hoping that would give me some chance at taking on the north-eastern rival. But my attempt to begin my grand conquest by taking Melbourne was a fail, with Melbourne actually taking one of my cities instead :-(

leif erikson likes this.
  3. Jovan Kukic

Jovan Kukic Warlord

Turn 296 Domination victory.
    I was surprised when I discovered my opponents, because I expected other nations.
    I prioritized Patronage, because there were 36 CS. That gave me nice bonuses. This was the first time I used more policies in Autocracy.
    Map was nice. I settled only the best locations. Later I settled more cities to secure more uranium for myself, and also like bases for missile rebase.
    In the end I launched two war campaigns, Black Lightning and Red Lightning, near seas of these colours :) I took AI capitals using XCOM and nuclear missiles launched from missile cruisers. This was the first time I nuked AI.
    I had some weird bug slowing unit movement, and even more slowing changing unit focus, during one turn, but game recovered after that.

Attached Files:

leif erikson likes this.
  4. urbis

urbis Chieftain

Well done! Inspires me to keep improving my game.

Jovan Kukic and leif erikson like this.
  5. FritsF1

FritsF1 Chieftain

Lost the game at t310

It seemed appropriate to write a report today (April 1st). This was a strange and sometimes confusing game with announcements like: Rome has replaced Rome as ….
    The AI spammed so much cities, at some point they could not even be bothered to name their cities anymore :lol:

There was so much space to settle. I settled 9 cities and went for Liberty. I like to play wide but I seldom manage to make it work. It was nice to play sim city, the two AI’s were at war with each other for most of the game. The plan was to go for a Frigate attack if the AI capitals could be reached by sea. Sadly this was not the case. The capitals are so far away that my land weapons would be obsolete by the time they arrive. Plan B would be to go for nukes combined with X-com’s. The nukes got banned so that was no longer an option.

At turn 310 an AI got a science victory. @beetle pointed out that a DV is still possible after this. In my game this would be pointless, the AI is spamming cities faster than I could raze them and waiting between turns takes longer and longer even before I declared war.

Congrats to @Jovan Kukic for winning this game!

Spoiler Some catching up to do in weapons... :

T300R.jpg

6. beetle

beetle Deity

Congrats to @Jovan Kukic! That may be enough to inspire me to try again. Liberty then Patronage is definitely the way to go.

I lost by Diplomacy to NW Caesar T293. I played almost another 200 turns trying to win DomVC, but I was not really progressing, so gave that up.

Thanks @FritsF1 for sharing that screen shot, hilarious! That is about my relative ranking most games!

Thanks @Knowtalent for another fun and very creative map!

7. raider980

raider980 Prince

We have met the enemy and he is us.

That was funny. I didn't finish this one since my video card fried but it was fun while it lasted. Was slow going though. Had a hard time getting many cities; and I don't think there was any way I was going to win this one.

leif erikson likes this.
  8. Jovan Kukic

Jovan Kukic Warlord

If you have problems with slow AI moves, you can set Quick Combat/Quick Movement, which is especially useful during late game if you have many allied CS (which increases your map visibility) and when AI civs have many units. During war, Quick Combat/Quick Movement is not as good as in peace, because seeing battles helps you to better realize which units are attacking you, especially if AI has airplanes.
    I'm wondering if you had similar bug to that which I described in game description.

leif erikson likes this.