1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TSG75 Opening Actions

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Game Of The Month' started by Hammer Rabbi, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Hammer Rabbi

Hammer Rabbi Deity GOTM Staff

Welcome to the TSG75 Opening Actions thread. This thread is used to discuss the game once you've started playing through your first 100 turns. There are no posting restrictions as such (apart from normal decency), although we encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshots. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. Please remember that we are running a family friendly site, so express anger or frustration with this in mind. :)

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed at least 80 to 100 turns in your game.

Please use this thread to discuss your goals for the game and your opening moves through the first 100 turns. We are going to try something new and limit your game description in this thread to the first 100 turns. Anything after that should be posted in the After Action thread once you have completed your game.

- How did the terrain and map settings affect your early decisions?
    - What were your initial priorities?
    - What tech path did you follow and why?
    - What Social Policies did you choose and why?
    - Did you use the Pre-announcement thread to know the map type up front or did you keep it a mystery?

2. budweiser

budweiser King of the Beers

I wanted to get Stone Henge, HG, CI and Oracle. I went Philo to math to edu to PP then acoustics and architecture. I lazily chose full tradition to aesthetics to liberty to freedom.

After NC my second city took Mt Sinai and I worked it with a food caravan.

3. xiziz

xiziz Chieftain

- How did the terrain and map settings affect your early decisions?
    Decided to go tall and wonder my way to victory. Two good and one decent mountainside spots.

- What were your initial priorities?
    Faith, Wonders. Wanted to pick up a few to many I think and got caught out when I had 6 turns left on GL. Got Stonehenge, Hanging Gardens and Oracle. Not getting GL slowed my NC, will probably make up for it when I hit Astronomy though.

- What tech path did you follow and why?
    Went everywere it feels like, Pottery, Calendar, Animal Husbandry, Sailing(Ruin), Mining, Archery
    Writing, Bronze Working, Wheel, Mathematics, Philosophy, Trapping, Horseback Riding, Drama and Poetry, Theology

- What Social Policies did you choose and why?
    Full tradition into Peity.

- Did you use the Pre-announcement thread to know the map type up front or did you keep it a mystery?
    Knew from the pre-announcement, but would probably have started similar on a water map too, except trying to catch a costal site for a fourth.

4. Maxym

Maxym King

Egypt and Hiawatha out, moving back to finish Wu, rammy was nice enough to build me SH, mr.H didn't build anything.

religion enhanced: monastery and pagodas, one with nature, initiation rites and IP.

About 25 turns away from SS assuming Oracle won't get snagged.

Settled four cities and three puppets. Bumping into happy problems now, that's why pagodas and not mosques. Hoping to catch natural GA somehow, then burn GAs for extra tourism.