1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TSL Earth Remastered 1.5

Expanded version of the default true start location Earth map.

1. totalslacker

totalslacker Chieftain

totalslacker submitted a new resource:

TSL Earth Expanded - Expanded version of the default true start location Earth map.

Read more about this resource...

2. plus

plus Chieftain

hi can u pls clarify what size is the biggest map?is it like 180×94 ,bigger,smaller?

3. totalslacker

totalslacker Chieftain

I just updated the description to clarify on that. All map sizes are actually 84x54, the same size as the Firaxis Earth Map. The map size option only increase the total number of players available in a game.

4. totalslacker

totalslacker Chieftain

5. plus

plus Chieftain

can u make it double size?☺like130×80 will be the best

6. totalslacker

totalslacker Chieftain

I'm afraid that's too much work for me. I want to keep this map small to reduce loading time and turn times. Check out the YnAMP mod, there are already several larger Earth maps included in it that are excellent.

7. totalslacker

totalslacker Chieftain

totalslacker updated TSL Earth Expanded with a new update entry:

Update 1.4

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. MAHRana

MAHRana Chieftain

If you don't mind me asking, what resources did you use to determine the cliffed coastlines?

9. totalslacker

totalslacker Chieftain

Mostly looking at atlases and reading on the geography of certain areas. If an area is mostly mountainous or rugged terrain near the coast I considered that worthy of being represented by cliffs in the game. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate. Some cliffs I added for gameplay reasons, to give a civ a defensive advantage or block access to certain parts of the map from one direction.

MAHRana likes this.
  10. totalslacker

totalslacker Chieftain

totalslacker updated TSL Earth Remastered with a new update entry:

1.5 Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. totalslacker

totalslacker Chieftain

Pretty big update here. Hopefully it runs smoothly for anyone who downloads it. I've integrated the Closer Cities mod and the Loyal Capitals mod into this mod, so they are no longer needed if you happen to be using them already.

I was seeing a lot a confusion on Steam from people using the scenario without the Closer Cities mod. Certain cities appear as blank spots on the map without it. They will work by default now, but if you don't use the scenarios and want the default distance of 3 tiles between cities, you can change it yourself in the TSLEE_Rules.sql file. Just open it in a text editor and change the number as desired.

The Loyal Capitals component should only activate if you have Rise and Fall enabled. As the name implies, it prevents capital cities from being flipped due to loyalty, but it also applies to city-states as well. I understand this may not be a problem for everyone, but if you try to play with every civ on the map you'll find half the players in Europe are eliminated from the game in the first 10 turns due to low loyalty. If you don't like this feature, just open these two files, LoyalCapitals_Modifiers.sql and LoyalCapitals_PalaceChanges.xml, in a text editor, and delete everything inside. But don't delete the files themselves, they still need to be present for the mod to load.

There's also a new scenario that uses the Inca, Mali, Maya, Morocco and Shoshone mods for Rise and Fall. More details can be found in the description, and the necessary mods must be downloaded via the Steam Workshop (I updated several of these mods to work with Rise and Fall but I take no credit as I am not the original creator).

Other than that it's just a lot of small balance changes and fixes. Any suggestions are appreciated.

12. mcghoulberry9

mcghoulberry9 Chieftain

Got a problem here. Once I begin the game, instead of getting my settler I just get a blank map and the turns just pass by themselves. Am I doing something wrong here?