TSL Greatest Earth Map for Multiplayer.

Diesel47

Chieftain
Hey guys, I've taken the most streamlined and smallest complete earth map and made the true starting location work for multiplayer (And added a few stuff)!

Here is a link to the original: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=485015
All credit for actual map goes to him.

Spoiler :

I've used N0rb Dragon's Civ Map to Lua tool to make this possible. Awesome tool and person.

Instructions:
1. Download, extract and place the .lua file in your "..../Assets/Maps" folder.
2. Give file to friends, have them do the same.
3. Start a multiplayer game, and pick the map as you would normally.
4. Pick your race and enjoy TSL for multiplayer!!

The races are:
England
France
Germany
Spain
Ottoman
Rome
Russia

Arabia
Persia
India
Mongolia
China
Japan

Egypt
Carthage
Songhai
Ethiopia

Iroquois
Aztec
Maya
America NEW
Brazil NEW

Enjoy!

I might be working on making the "Legendary Earth Map" TSL friendly next... Let me know any feedback.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Greatest_Earth_Multiplayer_BNW.rar
    37.9 KB · Views: 5,459
  • Greatest_Earth_Multiplayer_BNW_Alt.rar
    38 KB · Views: 1,992
Update: I also added a version with a removed American continent spawns with Greece and Zulu added. It is called "Greatest_Earth_Multiplayer_BNW_Alt".

I can't try this right now, but are you sure that TSL on this works for multiplayer? I tried to set up a multiplayer game on my own earth map, and did the same things you did, but that didn't work...

I run into problems with this map. I can't set more than 6 AI civs (or teams) in MP. Any greater number set in the staging room is reduced back to 6 in the game. So even though there are 22 civs playable TSL, the world ends up quite uninhabited.
And I also didn't meet any city-state...
Can anybody help me with this?

Everything works great, I love this map. I noticed however when i attempt to add a Brazil Ai it will not show up. If i play Brazil i start in a mountain tile.

I run into problems with this map. I can't set more than 6 AI civs (or teams) in MP. Any greater number set in the staging room is reduced back to 6 in the game. So even though there are 22 civs playable TSL, the world ends up quite uninhabited.
And I also didn't meet any city-state...
Can anybody help me with this?

Sorry for the late reply I just discovered this post. I think you have to pick the civilizations that were mentioned above cause I believe if you select randomly, the game will pick civilizations that were not mentioned. By the way, I think Brazil and Aztecs are bugged.

Dude... ur a damn GENIOUS :) it works for multiplayer with true start location :) i looooooooooooooove u :) are there other maps around which can be used for multipayer? (true start locations, or at least "team-start"-locations )

Anyway ... HOW TO USE MORE than 12 Players(incl. AI) in MP ???
As HOST I am only able to use 12 !!!

Do I Need a Special DLL (like in SP, where I Need one, if I want to use more than 22 civs)
and where did I get that DLL !

Thanks

okay finished my first game with that map and Serps MP Modpack !

The Map looks a lot different, how it looks in your first post !
Anyway so it is possible to use 3 European Civs ...

BRASIL isn't working ... the settler is missing

Played Aztecs, they start in a mountain and are too far south ... their origin is Mexico

England and Japan are unplayable for the AI or they need "water crossing" from the start !

ONLY 5 Citystates showed up (but maybe some have been conquered before I met them ... could be 2 or 3 more ... but not 17 and some citystates in America should be placed !

I think now, the best CIVS to play for that map, should be !
(AI has terrible problems with Jungle !!! and also with too much Wood and water)

BEST CIVS to play this map

Germany
Spain
Russia

Persia
Mongolia (maybe a little bit more to the west ... )
China
India (maybe)

Egypt
Songhai

Iroquois
Aztec (should start 2 hexes north, they are still too far south :)
America

CITYSTATES (which survived in my game)

Sansibar
Kabul
Hanoi
Mogadishu

Have been killed
Milan
Orenburg

So seems only 6 citystates have been placed ... that is too few

there is space for citystates in

in the south of Brazil
Mayas
East of North America (Klondike)
Canada
Southafrica or Ivory Coast
Sweden
Now England and Japan
Australia
New Zealand ...

Sad there is no Editor to do that ...

Anyway thanks for the map

Thanks a ton for this map its very good and so happy you made it. My problem is I play vanilla civ so I edited to allow for that. Only issue is resources are now placed by default civ map generator. I attached it for anyone else who was looking for a multiplayer TSL earth map for vanilla game.

I’ve also made replacement files to change aspects of the game more in tune with what me and my friends like. Removed insta heal promotion, allow wealth production at start, and significantly slow down research for everything past the ancient era. Can’t make a mod and be able to use in multiplayer so have to overwrite files but I made it as simple as I could and if using steam it’s very easy to restore. If anyone is interested in that just make a request and I’ll post it.

Attachments

• Planet Earth.zip
    42 KB · Views: 240
Top Bottom