[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Custom maps' started by Gedemon, Nov 8, 2010.

1. stiiknafuulia

stiiknafuulia King

So, guys -- any news on whether you'll accept my map for the mod or not? I noticed there's been 5 downloads of the file that I linked -- could be just some curious folks, but I presume that some of those were the mod admins. Mind you, I've no idea how hard it is to add another map to the mod -- take your time to review it and pm me if you have any crucial questions or suggestions. (I'm playtesting the map myself atm and all I notice is an endless ocean of errors... :eek::wallbash::hammer2::aargh::coffee: )

2. ForAPrice

ForAPrice Chieftain

I keep getting UNKNOWN NUMBER OF PLAYERS with all the options blank if I try to play v24 with the more luxuries mod.

Is it not supported?

EDIT: Huh, it must be because of the order they were loaded in.
    EDIT2: Well I thought it was More Lux, but when I try to load in:

Civ4 Leader Traits
    Enlightenment Era
    Ethnic Units
    Historical Religions
    Infoaddict
    IGE
    UCI
    CL Cuba
    ynaemp v24
    Culdiv

It doesn't matter what the order is.
    EDIT3: Clicking reset does nothing.

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Ah, sure, I don't see why not. But you'll need to remove the starting positions within the map, as those will be calculated automatically by the mod. I'd also need the TSL co-ordinates for the City-States. Finally, I do not know if I can rename the City-States specifically for the map, but I will see into it.

4. stiiknafuulia

stiiknafuulia King

Ok, thanks for your reply. :) I will do those changes to the map and enclosed file, then post them in this thread again once I'm done. It's kind of lucky actually, since I'll also have a chance to correct some annoying flaws that I've noticed in the map during my recent playtesting.

As for the City State names -- I always assumed that it was the case that the YnAEMP mod could change them, since it's such an 'advanced' mod otherwise and the change seems like such a crucial one. The trouble with the default game is that if you rename the the City States in the map editor, then once you play on the map, the old names will still be used in dialogue -- leading to a very confusing situation where the CSs have different names in dialogue and on the map! :crazyeye: I've seen screenshots of custom CS names being used in dialogue, so it is possible in some way or another. If this can't be achieved in YnaEMP, though, then the names should be left as they are, as it's the best possible bad compromise (the way I've set them up, you can at least always find the CS that you're looking for on the map).

EDIT: ETA for my reposting of the map is about a week or so. I'll be pretty busy during next week, but I also want to make the map as good as possible. :)

5. Vorret

Vorret Chieftain

I have the exact same problem. I only have YNAEM enabled and still gives me that message. It used to work, like last week. Did you managed to fix it??

I deleted, checked the cache, everything, I don't know what else to try :confused:

6. JGskittles45

JGskittles45 Chieftain

I'm also getting UNKNOWN NUMBER OF PLAYERS and it's driving me crazy

Only using Cultural Diversity, Exploration continued, and the full CBP (with EUI).

EDIT: Removing More Luxuries fixes it but I'm getting a lot of weird bugs like no city tags (can't see cities name or go in production menu).

7. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

8. ForAPrice

ForAPrice Chieftain

I haven't tried fixing it again yet, sorry :( I suspected it might've been Cuba not playing friendly with both ynaemp and more lux at the same time. It might be fixed now with the update Col Legacies pushed out for it.

9. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

It's super important that complete mod lists as well as potential logs are posted when these errors are reported. And of course, before reporting a problem, try disabling other mods to rule out any potential conflicts.

And just to be clear, ynaemp should be able to work with More Luxuries. I'll run some test tonight to see if I encounter any issues.

10. Laze

Laze Chieftain

Lots of TSLs are missing with the new version. WW2-civs in some maps, Norway in some, and many more. Hope for an update soon.

11. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

To be fair, it's barely been out a week. You can't expect all modders to add support for all these maps instantly. They might add support when they do a bug fix for the civ.

12. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

As Chrisy indicates, TSL support is usually done internally in custom civs, and thus not included in the base mod. Modders will hopefully update their respective civs with support for v24 eventually.

13. Laze

Laze Chieftain

Sorry if I was a bit unpacient. I'm missing JFDs civs for the most part. Other modders civs i naturaly not included yet. (some are allready)

14. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

JFD's doing an update spree soon, so you won't have to wait too long. You can help by doing some yourself, of course :)

15. DanQuayle

DanQuayle Prince

16. stiiknafuulia

stiiknafuulia King

Hello again,

here is the corrected version of my map (well... as correct as I could make it without extensive play-tests).

Please PM me if you have any questions or notes about the map (and especially about the issue of two civs starting too close to one another, which I mention in the placement instructions for the civs).

Regards,

-- Greizer85 / stiiknafuulia

Attached Files:

17. Civ5Play

Civ5Play Chieftain

Thanks, I was having the same issue. :)

18. stiiknafuulia

stiiknafuulia King

Any ballpark ETA on when you'll update the mod with my map? Not that it'd be in a hurry otherwise, but I f'd up the map file update on Steam to the point where I can no longer be bothered with it (I've no idea why they made the upload of a simple MAP file this hard on that [censored] service..! :wallbash:). So right now there's no way for people to actually play on my map. I did have ~2k subscribers so it'd be nice if I could state on Steam when the situation will be remedied. (It's ok though if you can't give an estimate.)

EDIT: After hours of random guess-work, I managed to fix the issues with the Steam version (I *think*... :twitch:), so, no more hurry in including the map.

19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

20. joeandraw

joeandraw Chieftain

is this mod compatible with "Really Advanced Setup" ?