TT03: Unholy Spanish Empire

ill guess that ill go

EDIT: i was wondering what tech to go for after pottry is done or just " Wing it"

maybe any worker techs that we might need OR perhaps Sailing so that we can build a galley and shuttle settler/defender pairs through the lake. Much safer and faster!

During my turn i started upon iron works for some real defence. because unless we settle north i see no other possible bronze that is close to the capital city so thus with Iron we have a small chance of getin a Iron reasource Secondly i started on Pyrimids Because since we are not haveing a state religon :mad: will rise high with the government civics we could get something to get more :) and also around our capital their are Stone so when the Workers who are tasked upon building a Qurry are done it will only have 7 turns left instead of 14 and the city of Barclona is born

Also didnt use the settler this turn i dont think we should until Iron working is done so that we can pair it up with a swordsman...

Some screenies :)

Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPGCiv4ScreenShot0019.JPG

And the Save View attachment 134052

And the spolier
Spoiler :

Turn 1: pottary -> Iron Casting
Barclona is born
Barcelona Starts on a Barracks
Turn 2 A brave warrior dies in combat with a archer :(
Turn 3: Barcleon is connected with the capital workers start on mine to get gold
Turn 4-8 :sleep:
Turn 9: In Madrid Settler -> Pyrmids
Turn 10: Near barcleona workers start on road
Turn 11: Just chillen
Turn 12: Gained access to first luxary resourse
Turn 13 Started on qurry near Madrid
Turn 14-15: :sleep:

Nice turns, Xtream ~ I think i would chance a settler with an archer. I would rather take the risk and settle faster. Plus, there's plenty of hills so if we run into trouble, the added defense will help! I must say, i'm surprised (at everybody) that our Stone is NOT hooked up yet. That's a great resource to work for shields, esp w/the corn there for food. ah well.

That's puts Franko up-o for Ten-o (if he's not partied out from his vacation, that is :D) Frank, please check on when our border will pop at Madrid to grab that Copper.

Pholk > on deck for 10 turns hereafter.
Sprite >
Lobster >
Xtream > just played
Frank > UP NOW for 10

frankcor said:
Whoa, I didn't remember I was in this game. I'm heading for work right now. I'll pick up the save and play (15?) tonight.
Good to see it's so exciting for you ;)

:lol:

We're down to 10 turns for everyone from now on.

Inherited Turn (1210 BC)
Well, this should go pretty quickly. We're building the Pyramids in the capital due in 26 but likely less than that if we can get in a forest chop. So not much I can do there in 10 turns. We're building a barracks in Barcelona but I'll switch to a worker when it grows to size 2 in 3 turns.

We want to settle east or south. With Iron Working due in 2 turns, I'll wait to select the next city site. I plan to research a worker tech next but with all these barbs, I'm wondering if Archery might be a better choice.

Turn 1 (1180 BC)
Tech learned: Iron Working
Madrid grows: 6

Turn 2 (1150 BC)
Research begun: Archery
The other choices I've heard mentioned were Animal Husbandry--the only remaining worker tech--(10 turns) and Sailing (12 turns). We have no animals to husband and are unlikely to within 30 or 40 turns. If we got Sailing in 12 turns, we wouldn't be able to build a Galley until after the Pyramids are complete in Madrid, now due in 20 turns after the population growth. Make that 18 turns. Madrid has hit its happiness limit so I added a hammer and stopped its growth until we can get a road built on the gems just east of town.

We have iron close by. I start off our settler and activate the fog busting warrior to provide a garrison but I'm uncertain of the best city location. City siting is most likely the weakest part of my game and I'm going to stop and ask for advice and input when the settler gets closer.
Barcelona grows: 2

Turn 3 (1120 BC)
Barcelona begins: Worker There's 4 turns remaining on a barracks there.

Turn 4 (1090 BC)
Okay, I'm gonna stop here for a bit and ask for your input. After all, it's one of the reasons I play SGs -- to learn how to play better. I've pointed what I see are our options if we want to get iron online sooner rather than later.

The red dot gives us a coastal city that gets rice and the iron but it will never have much production capacity. The yellow dot gets rice and iron with 8 hills to mine in addition to the iron. Red dot ends up with 6 useless mountains in its fat-cross, yellow gets 7 and may never have enough food to work all those hills.

What say you?

well its a hard decision considering that they both get iron and rice but i think we should get the city on the coast. so that way we will already connected it with the capital and we will still get all of the same resources we can sacrifice pop for the coast

my opinion is to settle yellow, and then red, but 1 tile SE of it so it'll grab the ivory and leave the Iron.
in yellow city, i would build windmils on the desert hills cus they're bad hammer producers.

SpriteSODA said:
my opinion is to settle yellow, and then red, but 1 tile SE of it so it'll grab the ivory and leave the Iron.
in yellow city, i would build windmils on the desert hills cus they're bad hammer producers.
desert hills have no food, so that would make it a 1f1h tile ~ better to mine it IMO for extra hammers. However, i would go for red. It would make a nice commerce city, plus it stacks a claim on the land near India (who iirc is to our SE) ~ we can always settle for that other rice at a later date . . . no's really going to take that one, but RedDot could be ~

So, 2 votes for Red, 1 for yellow, with Lobster and Frank still yet to vote.

Red dot, no question As tempting as those Elephant are, leave the city on the coast. On this map, we'll need all of the food we can get. As Pholk points out, leaving the city on the coast also connects it with Madrid. Maybe we'll get lucky, and there will be another Ocean resource in the fog!

We'll capture those Elephants from Asoka eventually! :D

Okay, Red-dot it is. I wasn't thinking far enough ahead and never considered settling both as SpriteSoda suggests. Actually, if I had shown more of the map, we'll probably like Yellow-dot a two tiles east and one north of where the settler is right now for a future site. It'll have access to lots of grassland hills AND flat grasslands so food won't be an issue. In fact, there may even be a river up in the darkness to give us irrigation.

Which reminds me, I think we ought to make it a priority to start exploring our nearby surroundings once again. Like maybe use it to get experienced axemen (upgraded warriors once we get some archers in our cities)? Currently, we can only see 2 more future city sites at best.

I'll finish up late this afternoon and post the results. Thanks for the guidance!

Top Bottom