[Tuning] Ideologies: Tier 1

Avant garde only increases tourism by 33% if you have no other bonuses to great people generation atall which is extremely unlikely.

I thought historical events were still based around 20% of something over a couple of turns, if that percentage has increased perhaps futurism needs to match the new number.

You actually make a very good point, while its 33% of the base, that doesn't translate into an exact 33% more GP, in fact its likely a lot lower.

Gazebo, is the formula for GP amounts available for VP somewhere I could look at?

According to the Civelopedia (which you so helpfully told me to read), it says roughly 40% of your CPT, as averaged over the last 10 turns of so. I'm pretty sure I've seen late game historic events though higher than my CPT so that doesn't sound right.

You actually make a very good point, while its 33% of the base, that doesn't translate into an exact 33% more GP, in fact its likely a lot lower.

Gazebo, is the formula for GP amounts available for VP somewhere I could look at?

According to the Civelopedia (which you so helpfully told me to read), it says roughly 40% of your CPT, as averaged over the last 10 turns of so. I'm pretty sure I've seen late game historic events though higher than my CPT so that doesn't sound right.

Formula for GP amounts? Do you mean Historical Events?

G

Formula for GP amounts? Do you mean Historical Events?

G

I meant the amount of GP points it takes to the get to the next GP. 100, 250, 500, etc etc.

The historical event formula would also be useful:)

I meant the amount of GP points it takes to the get to the next GP. 100, 250, 500, etc etc.

The historical event formula would also be useful:)

Event Tourism (this is for archaeology, for example, but all look the same)
Code:
int iTourism = m_pPlayer->GetArchaeologicalDigTourism();
m_pPlayer->ChangeNumHistoricEvents(1);
// Culture boost based on previous turns
int iPreviousTurnsToCount = 10;
// Calculate boost
iTourism *= m_pPlayer->GetCultureYieldFromPreviousTurns(GC.getGame().getGameTurn(), iPreviousTurnsToCount);
iTourism /= 100;
m_pPlayer->GetCulture()->AddTourismAllKnownCivs(iTourism);

GetCultureYieldFromPreviousTurns:

Code:
// Culture per turn yield is tracked in replay data, so use that
	int iSum = 0;
	for (int iI = 0; iI < iNumPreviousTurnsToCount; iI++)
	{
		int iTurn = iGameTurn - iI;
		if (iTurn < 0)
		{
			break;
		}

int iTurnCulture = getReplayDataValue(getReplayDataSetIndex("REPLAYDATASET_CULTUREPERTURN"), iTurn);
		if (iTurnCulture >= 0)
		{
			iSum += iTurnCulture;
		}
		else if (iTurnCulture == -1) // No data for this turn (ex. late era start)
		{
			iSum += (3 * GetTotalJONSCulturePerTurn());
		}
	}

GP Spawn Formula:

Code:
	// Increase threshold based on how many GP have already been spawned
	iThreshold += (/*50*/ GC.getGREAT_PERSON_THRESHOLD_INCREASE() * iNumCreated);

// Game Speed mod
	iThreshold *= GC.getGame().getGameSpeedInfo().getGreatPeoplePercent();
	iThreshold /= 100;

// Start era mod
	iThreshold *= GC.getGame().getStartEraInfo().getGreatPeoplePercent();
	iThreshold /= 100;

G

Event Tourism (this is for archaeology, for example, but all look the same)

How can they all look the same when the tourism gained from Archaeology and golden age triggers is a lot lower? I mean at least some number most be different.

How can they all look the same when the tourism gained from Archaeology and golden age triggers is a lot lower? I mean at least some number most be different.

Nope. They're the same. Here's a World Wonder, for example:

Code:
if(!bNoBonus && ::isWorldWonderClass(pBuildingInfo->GetBuildingClassInfo()))
			{
				int iTourism = owningPlayer.GetEventTourism();
				owningPlayer.ChangeNumHistoricEvents(1);
				// Calculate boost
				iTourism *= owningPlayer.GetCultureYieldFromPreviousTurns(GC.getGame().getGameTurn(), iPreviousTurnsToCount);
				iTourism /= 100;
				owningPlayer.GetCulture()->AddTourismAllKnownCivs(iTourism);
				if(iTourism > 0)
				{

G

Nope. They're the same. Here's a World Wonder, for example:

Code:
if(!bNoBonus && ::isWorldWonderClass(pBuildingInfo->GetBuildingClassInfo()))
			{
				int iTourism = owningPlayer.GetEventTourism();
				owningPlayer.ChangeNumHistoricEvents(1);
				// Calculate boost
				iTourism *= owningPlayer.GetCultureYieldFromPreviousTurns(GC.getGame().getGameTurn(), iPreviousTurnsToCount);
				iTourism /= 100;
				owningPlayer.GetCulture()->AddTourismAllKnownCivs(iTourism);
				if(iTourism > 0)
				{

G

Are you 100% sure?

On the same turn, I get 686 Tourism for birthing a great artist, and 112 for bulbing him to start a golden age (roughly one sixth the value) (and comparing earlier notes back when there were still existing archaeology-sites available I got the same number from digging those up as I got for starting golden ages.

Are you 100% sure?

On the same turn, I get 686 Tourism for birthing a great artist, and 112 for bulbing him to start a golden age (roughly one sixth the value) (and comparing earlier notes back when there were still existing archaeology-sites available I got the same number from digging those up as I got for starting golden ages.

I mean, you can look at the functions here and see, they're identical. Archaeological Tourism policy value is 5, same as the Event Tourism value from the Palace. <shrug>

G

I mean, you can look at the functions here and see, they're identical. Archaeological Tourism policy value is 5, same as the Event Tourism value from the Palace. <shrug>

Which file are these functions in, I'll check if mine is somehow different from yours (I mean it has to be).

Which file are these functions in, I'll check if mine is somehow different from yours (I mean it has to be).

Code:
UPDATE Buildings
SET EventTourism = '5'
WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_PALACE' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );

In CBO/Balance Changes/Buildings/BuildingChanges.sql

Code:
UPDATE Policies
SET ArchaeologicalDigTourism = '5'
WHERE Type = 'POLICY_FLOURISHING_OF_ARTS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_POLICIES' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Policies
SET GoldenAgeTourism = '5'
WHERE Type = 'POLICY_FLOURISHING_OF_ARTS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_POLICIES' AND Value= 1 );

In CBO/Balance Changes/Policies/Aesthetics/Aesthetics.sql

G

Code:
UPDATE Buildings
SET EventTourism = '5'
WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_PALACE' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );

Code:
UPDATE Policies

UPDATE Policies

I don't see any difference between them, where else could this be going wrong? I mean I know I've been seeing this for several versions now.

Another game now as England, triggering a GA from picking the last policy in Aesthetics 19 tourism, birthing a great prophet the same turn, 118 tourism (roughtly 6 times more)

Code:
UPDATE Buildings
SET EventTourism = '5'

Code:
UPDATE Policies

UPDATE Policies

I don't see any difference between them, where else could this be going wrong? I mean I know I've been seeing this for several versions now.

Another game now as England, triggering a GA from picking the last policy in Aesthetics 19 tourism, birthing a great prophet the same turn, 118 tourism (roughtly 6 times more)

I'll take a look at the code, make sure all ints are ints, and no bools are creepin.

G

Just did a modern era start game to test this out, running the 8-9 version I can confirm what Funak is saying. I got far less tourism for Archaeological digs and Golden Ages than for Wonders/GPs. Building Uffizi gave me 20 tourism twice for the wonder and the GA and popping the GA itself gave me 4 tourism. A dig two turns later gave me 5 tourism.

I didn't tried it. And i'm not ultra mega confident in my "source".
Tradition finisher only work for the capital, so maybe it's that?

Just made a test.
I'm wrong, they stack.

Top Bottom