[Tuning] Ideologies: Tier 1

what do you guys think about "Corporate offices count as franchises, up to your limit."? is it broken, or do i misunderstand it? appearantly it doesn't cap on your trade route-limit, but if i understand correctly it should. but should it really?

what do you guys think about "Corporate offices count as franchises, up to your limit."? is it broken, or do i misunderstand it? appearantly it doesn't cap on your trade route-limit, but if i understand correctly it should. but should it really?
Your limit of franchises. It's not the same. You can have more franchises than trade routes. But it is limited.

The policy you are talking about is for switching to internal trade routes. That's mainly for warmongers that would lose their traders in every war. This way you lose little by not having international trade routes.

Your limit of franchises. It's not the same. You can have more franchises than trade routes. But it is limited.

The policy you are talking about is for switching to internal trade routes. That's mainly for warmongers that would lose their traders in every war. This way you lose little by not having international trade routes.

oh that's true, i meant to say limit of franchises. But I probably need to get a game back to this stage of the game to make a screenshot to be able to show what i mean.

Apart from that, I always felt that it's insanely strong instantly having 20 franchises instead of waiting 60 turns (40 turns for the first batch of routes, and since you have a higher franchise cap than trade route cap, ~20 more turns after that) AND getting rid of the risk of war and losing trade routes and many corporation bonuses. compared to the other corporation traits it's quite insane.

oh that's true, i meant to say limit of franchises. But I probably need to get a game back to this stage of the game to make a screenshot to be able to show what i mean.

Apart from that, I always felt that it's insanely strong instantly having 20 franchises instead of waiting 60 turns (40 turns for the first batch of routes, and since you have a higher franchise cap than trade route cap, ~20 more turns after that) AND getting rid of the risk of war and losing trade routes and many corporation bonuses. compared to the other corporation traits it's quite insane.
But you are losing international trade routes benefits: AI opinion, tourism and growth. Influence for city states (statecraft).

Maybe a good idea to replace "GA points and culture on expand" with "troops can be upgraded on vassal's territory". Or change some other Autocracy tenet on "troops can be upgraded on vassal's territory".

I believe Enginseer tried to have troops upgrade in vassals' territories back during the hotfixer, but said it was a bit wonky.

It has to be a dll fix, no lua work around. I'm already having problems with E&D upgrades already.

And considering dll addition must be Putmalk's field.

It has to be a dll fix, no lua work around. I'm already having problems with E&D upgrades already.

And considering dll addition must be Putmalk's field.

I'm going to add it for next version, is just a one line change in DLL.

G

Top Bottom