Tuning Religion Founder Beliefs Round 2

Overall the founder beliefs are a lot weaker than before, so I don't think you can compare to the old version and claim its weaker therefore buff it

Overall the founder beliefs are a lot weaker than before, so I don't think you can compare to the old version and claim its weaker therefore buff it
That's fair, but also something I considered. It seems weaker than all of the other founders 99% of the time now too. Do you agree or disagree?

That's fair, but also something I considered. It seems weaker than all of the other founders 99% of the time now too. Do you agree or disagree?
I haven't used it yet. I've never liked Holy Law and always thought it provided a lot less than the other options

On paper it looks weaker than some other options, but if you changed it to 2 per follower it might be way too good

I haven't used it yet. I've never liked Holy Law and always thought it provided a lot less than the other options

On paper it looks weaker than some other options, but if you changed it to 2 per follower it might be way too good
So what about a missionary per policy instead of faith? Bit better early, worse later. Nice buff overall imo. Thoughts?

So what about a missionary per policy instead of faith? Bit better early, worse later. Nice buff overall imo. Thoughts?
Its not a bad idea, there isn't anything like it. It does make that belief extremely appealing to India

Spoiler Pic :

20170512115231_1.jpg

So this happened using Apostolic tradition

What did you do?
Churches let missionaries spread 3 times
Pacifism + Piety means missionaries cost 110 faith during Medieval era
I can buy about 1.5 missionaries a turn, currently they earn 240 food on each spread (and every time I spread that amount increases)

It would probably make sense to cap the amount you can get, or take away scaling with era. Beliefs like Sainthood don't scale with era; populations increase as games go on so it scales naturally

Churches let missionaries spread 3 times
Pacifism + Piety means missionaries cost 110 faith during Medieval era
I can buy about 1.5 missionaries a turn, currently they earn 240 food on each spread (and every time I spread that amount increases)

It would probably make sense to cap the amount you can get, or take away scaling with era. Beliefs like Sainthood don't scale with era; populations increase as games go on so it scales naturally
That makes sense. I debated scaling with era or not. Seems not is the better choice

I'm going to strip away era scaling from apostolic tradition, and double yields from followers for Holy Law. I feel that this should balance things out well.

That's too much for Holy Law imho as it seemed very good in my Denmark game (though maybe slightly weakish as it gave me maybe 1.5 turn's worth of Science every renaissance policy), but the apostolic tradition nerf is probably deserved. Only tried it once and was surprised to see Spain's UA doesn't proc this. It should probably be mentioned it's only for missionary spreads

That's too much for Holy Law imho as it seemed very good in my Denmark game (though maybe slightly weakish as it gave me maybe 1.5 turn's worth of Science every renaissance policy), but the apostolic tradition nerf is probably deserved. Only tried it once and was surprised to see Spain's UA doesn't proc this. It should probably be mentioned it's only for missionary spreads

Policies don't come all that often, though. One catch could be doubling it, but then removing one of the three yields it generates. I don't want to get into decimals (1.5) as that's a pain to code.

G

Policies don't come all that often, though. One catch could be doubling it, but then removing one of the three yields it generates. I don't want to get into decimals (1.5) as that's a pain to code.

G
Yeah, let's double it for now and nerf if it needs it.

So i am playing with Inca and went with elder of councils and I am a religious powerhouse. In early medieval I am getting nearly 700 production and science when I convert city. I have converted about 40 cities but still I think that is way too much. I got Alhambra in one turn because of this. I am playing on epic speed and on a huge map by the way.

That sounds like it's fine. Converting 40 cities is insane, even on huge.

I suppose we could discuss an inverse scaling based on mapsize for most of these, as Elder of Councils is obviously much better on huge than small for example.

I suppose I was very lucky that I was only one that founded on my "continent" which had about 8 civs on it. Also I play on a huge map with 22 civs so that makes the scaling even crazier. Though some kinda scaling with map size would be great.

I suppose I was very lucky that I was only one that founded on my "continent" which had about 8 civs on it. Also I play on a huge map with 22 civs so that makes the scaling even crazier. Though some kinda scaling with map size would be great.
Extreme settings get extreme results, and you're obviously a corner case even then. (Being the only one to found on such a continent.)

That already exists - # of religions.

G

Many of the founder beliefs get pretty crazy with enough cities following. I recently had ceremonial burial at 130 faith/culture scaling with era. And that was just for myself, 1 neighbor and a few city states.

Top Bottom