Turkey in europe

Italian Celtic

real european
After millions of off-topics it's the time of an "Turkey in EU" thread and i want to expose some my questions

1) what the adavanteges or the disadvantage ?

2) why do so many people consider Turks and Arabs european ?

3) if someone say "Russia can't enter in EU" he is an hero
if someone say "Turkey can't enter in EU" he is a racist
why?

I would know in particular the opinion of European and Turks

Only a small part of Turkey is in Europe, and also a minority of population. And most of the people don't want to be in the EU, or consider themselves european.

Associate membership. Free trade and unified standards but the fredom of movement and freedom of employment would open a can of worms right now.

If we have a second tier of membership perhaps eventually the Israilies and the Lebanese could join. Make 'em do it togeather and (since their economies are overwelmingly pointed at Europe) see if the prospect of vast piles of cash can force 'em to play nice.

This is not so much a philosophical point about the identity of Europe, but realpolitic about outcomes.

Although since Celtic keeps on about his hatred for the UK I'm sure he doesnt give a monkies for my view.

EU and Turkey simple..
It doesnt work

Are you turkish or Greek?

Only a small part of Turkey is in Europe, and also a minority of population. And most of the people don't want to be in the EU, or consider themselves european.

So am i not the only racist here? :mischief:

Associate membership. Free trade and unified standards but the fredom of movement and freedom of employment would open a can of worms right now.

If we have a second tier of membership perhaps eventually the Israilies and the Lebanese could join. Make 'em do it togeather and (since their economies are overwelmingly pointed at Europe) see if the prospect of vast piles of cash can force 'em to play nice.

YEA!!!

Although since Celtic keeps on about his hatred for the UK I'm sure he doesnt give a monkies for my view.

My hatred for UK is direct consequence of some englishmen's hatred for Italy :)

I don't think anyone here considers Arabs European.. :crazyeye:

Unless you're talking about arabs living in Europe, of course.

They're both Caucasian.

European is a culture, not a race.

Ah but the European superstaters won't like that at all ;).

This is not so much a philosophical point about the identity of Europe, but realpolitic about outcomes.

Indeed, I'm opposed to Turkey joining in the near future because it just has too many people (and stuff that needs funding) to be easily absorbed. Once Eastern Europe has been brought up to the level of the older countries then Turkey can start integrating.

My hatred for UK is direct consequence of some englishmen's hatred for Italy

"They started it! Abloo bloo bloo"

They're both Caucasian.

European is a culture, not a race.

and does a racial difference between arab/turk and europeans exist ?

"They started it! Abloo bloo bloo"

I started to hate english when i saw some of them saying things like "Those italian bastards" or "Those italian pigs" or "Those dirty italians" without a real reason

but this is off-topic please return to thread

Most of the Turks aren't european, because they don't live in Europe. People who think this is racism are racist themselves, they obviously think there is something wrong of not being a european.

Most of the Turks aren't european, because they don't live in Europe. People who think this is racism are racist themselves, they obviously think there is something wrong of not being a european.

I think the half of population lives at european part.Only Istanbul have 18 or 19 million citizens.

I am turkish.My line is belonged to Oghus tribe and from the Ottoman palace.:)

Oghus line!!!!
Are you good in archery on horse? (like ancient turks)

I think the half of population lives at european part.Only Istanbul have 18 or 19 million citizens.

This map clearly show the majoriy of turks are in Asia

Orance is high populated
Yellow is low populated

Oghus line!!!!
Are you good in archery on horse? (like ancient turks)

I never tried it.:mischief: sorry!:)
But i think i can do it,because i have swift hands,my accuracy never failed me,my balance is pretty well and my name is the same of the tribe.I can probably do it.;)

The map seems weird to me.But I think the half of population are weird too.We have three more cities except Istanbul at Europa and they not big cities.It will not make 35 million citizens.You have right:) But it is sure 1/4 of population on Europa. My badly mistake.

Italian Celtic said:
My hatred for UK is direct consequence of some englishmen's hatred for Italy

My hatred for Italy is a direct consequence of some Italians hatred for England.

An Eye for an Eye and all that.

> As far as the topic of Turkey in the EU goes, No, I'm not a fan of the idea.
All the reasons have been listed before (To big, to different, to poor, etc.)

Why is the concept of state linked to the concept of culture to begin with? Though it is a fair assumption (though wrong for all I know) that the state began as an extension of a group reach, there is no compelling reason why a state should be linked to any one culture. You might perhaps say that different cultures have different values, but at the fundamental level, laws should not be determined by culture, as I think they are now, logical extensions of the values of a given group or community. If this barrier can be crossed, a set of fundamental rules created and the state dissociated from individual cultures, a truly multicultural state becomes possible.

and does a racial difference between arab/turk and europeans exist ?

Turks are steppe people, they emigrated into Muslim lands in the 11-15th Centuries. They're more closely related to Mongols by ethnic lineage than they are Arabs or any Europeans.

I started to hate english when i saw some of them saying things like "Those italian bastards" or "Those italian pigs" or "Those dirty italians" without a real reason

Son, people from every country say things like that about probably every country. It's a small percentage of the population, don't go hating all Englishmen because one or two insulted your homeland. If you feel the need to hate anybody, direct that towards ignorant individuals, not a people as a whole.

Top Bottom