Turkish spawn area

Waraddict

Chieftain
Hello,

I am playing a monarch game (no patch, just the BTS version :blush:) with the romans. I control Constantinopolis and Hattusas. Both cities churn quite a few :culture: (fully develloped cities with cultural buildings + the Sistine Chapel)

Upon Turkey spawn, initial turkish troops appeared at Gordion location, creating a 3x3 hole in my cultural border. One turn later my cultural border closed in the gap, turkish troops were moved and turkish capital was founded in wasteland NE of Hattusas.

Not that i am complaining because this saved me the stability hit of razing it, but can someone explain me why this happened? I though that spawning Civ culture would overhelm existing culture.

Rhye has fixed this through multiple patches.

Basically, since the game takes turns, and the player with the highest score plays first (I think), your culture rebounded the second your turn started, BEFORE the Turks could found a city to "claim" that area. Since you don't have OB with them, they were evicted to the closest border which is NE of Hattusas.

If you really want to be devious, you can gift them an empty Hattusas, declare war and all their units will disappear when you capture Hattusas back. Then give that city back to them at the 3rd turn, and recapture it. (This has also been fixed by Rhye)

Thank you for the reply,

Guess i'll need to patch the game sometime. :)

I was actually happy to leave the turc troops around, well at least until my own troops got some experience from them :D. I also dont like unnecessary stability hits.

Civilisations spawning seems to be a bit messed up in my version. Once i created a game with Egypt and used WB to move my initial settler and warrior to squat Ethiopia (Capital 1S of Aksum location). When Ethiopia spawned, their troops and settlers just appeared at Aksum location and stayed there forever. They were not expelled from my borders and never founded any city.

Turks flipping the northern coast of Black Sea always annoys me.

I think it is the first civilization in order (Egypt, India, China, Babylon, Greece, ... America, Ind1, Ind2, Celts/Byz, Native, Barbs) not rank in score that determines who goes first, but I could be wrong.

No, I always go first (since I'm usually first in score), and when I'm not going first, it's usually the AI who's got a higher score than me. E.g. when there's autowar, their troops usually hit mine first.
The only exception may be barbs.

The way civ works is that player 0 goes first, then player 1, and so on. The order never changes, even when a player dies (in this case they are simply skipped). In RFC Egypt is player 0, India is 1, China is 2, Babylon is 3, Greece is 4, and so on (so in RFC, it's by spawn date, as this is how Rhye defined the teams). The barbs are the last player, in RFC this is player 31, so they go last. Note that this is noticeable in certain cases only. The major impact is wonder completion and who gets a tech first - if multiple players fill the condition on the same turn, the player that goes first gets the bonus. This is why Babylon's UHV is so difficult - even if they research writing on the same turn as China, China will get it first.

Due to the AI autoplay, it still looks like you're going first even if you aren't - where you would normally have "waiting for other civilizations" before your first turn (and the dawn of man screen) you instead have an AI Autoplay screen.

If this is the case, then how come every time that I find out the AI is about to build a wonder the next turn, AND I have enough population to whip it or money to buy it, I can reload and still get it first, no matter who I'm playing at the time? Is the human player favored just because the whipped wonder has more "hammers" invested in it?

I do know there is another system for determing who gets a wonder that's used in multiplayer (and scenarios too?), but I'm not sure exactly what it is. It's possible that it is favoring the human player, as that's what already happens on random maps (as the human is always player 0 on a random map).

@ AP

It just looks like your going first because that the turn the game stops on.

What is happening in your example is that say you end your turn 36 and the AI beets you and you reload turn 36 and rush it.
the AI after you in the list hjave their turn 36, then the AI before you in the list have their turn 37 then you have your turn 37 and so on. Your not going first it just seams that way.

You can prove this by playing the 3000BC start as babylon and entering world builder on your very first go. The AI that start before you will have already had their turn and placed down cities.

So if I play as America and its, say 1996AD and I move my stuff and hit end turn and see all rival civs make their moves, I'm actually watching them play 1997 and not 1996, right?

If this is the case, then how come every time that I find out the AI is about to build a wonder the next turn, AND I have enough population to whip it or money to buy it, I can reload and still get it first, no matter who I'm playing at the time? Is the human player favored just because the whipped wonder has more "hammers" invested in it?

because production happens at the end of your turn, if you have an enemy right by your city, and your city lacks troops, hurry a guy and watch him defend after you end your turn.

Guys, the move order is in order of civ listing in the worldbuilder file. So major civs chronologically, then minor civs as deanej says.

Top Bottom