Turn 1, 3960 BC

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
Welcome to the Start of the Civ4 MTDG! :D

The following includes instructions on playing this turn (3960 BC - 4000 BC was needed for password reasons) as well as for all turns in this game.

Here is the turn sending order (note: it is different than the roster sign-up order!):
Loco
Piffle
Aloha
Innovia
Epsilon

So Team Aloha, you will be receiving the save from Team Piffle (TeamPiffle AT gmail DOT com), and you will send it to Team Innovia (team.innovia AT gmail DOT com). Also send a copy to the admins! (emails are in the Team Info thread in the main forum). Please remember that you have 24 hours to play the save once you receive it unless you request an extension. Also, keep in mind that once you have played the save, to record it in the Turn Tracker / Save Info thread in the main MTDG forum.

When saving the turn, please use the default saving convention in game.

Without more talk, your starting location in the map courtesy by Sirian (be sure to thank him!) is attached.

Your password for the save is: pinacolada

You are free to discuss this, as well as where you should explore, research, settle, etc., but remember: we will not send the starting save to Team Loco until the current Ruleset poll in the main forum is done, so that's a bit of an incentive! ;)

Enjoy the game!

by RegentMan and Ginger_Ale, Administrators, with thanks to Sirian, Map Maker

Attachments

• team-aloha-start.jpg
    team-aloha-start.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 104
:woohoo:We are underway:D
:worship: Big thanks to Sirian, I can't believe he's done it so quickly.
Good Job:goodjob:

Let's get to work!

I propose we send the scout first south (rice), and then southwest (hills). I also think we should where we are, so we can settle immediately and have access to both rice and fish.

The Domestic minister is in charge of settlement, and the President (myself) is in charge of exploration and military units as I understand it. The constitution is here btw.

Im not sure if George is away though....

Anyways i agree with both settling and moving where we are. This could be a very productive city.

Are we going to go straight towards animal husbandry for the pigs?

oh yes, that's right, I need technology orders (and by extension slider orders) from domestic as well

GeorgeOP said:
I'm away from cIV, but not from the internet. I agree with Ybbor, move scout and settle where we are unless we see something really, really, really good to the south.

Ah ok thats it, thinking about it, is there maybe a point to moving the scout north west then north, just to make sure there isnt something up there in the first turn, so we could move our setler one space north and settle the other side of the river.

Yer me either, i think we have a good spot where we are but we should still check north first incase there is.

head northwest and north or northeast.--I think we are on a small peninsula.
build warrior..to go south
research agriculture or go for a religion..

/I will come back later on adn address thses in each thread and start my team captain thread. Easter adn my sons birthday...I have to go put together a big wheel bike thing.

All votes are in for Ruleset..I think we are about to start.

So which way is the scout moving, i think it should move north just to check were not missing anything before settling

BCLG100 said:
So which way is the scout moving, i think it should move north just to check were not missing anything before settling

from the Presidential thread:

I'll move to the plains going NW and then NE

HEADS UP...Save sent to Loco...the game has begun

crap..does this mean I have to wake up at 4am so check if I have to play the turn...:)

//joking...I know yybor(ybbor) is going to play it.

Dumb newbie question: is there any advantage to holding on to the turn for a few hours even if we play it in the first hour or should we play it as soon as possible and send it on. I am curious not for now..since little has to be decide but for the future.

Top Bottom