Turn 1, 3960 BC

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
Welcome to the Start of the Civ4 MTDG! :D

The following includes instructions on playing this turn (3960 BC - 4000 BC was needed for password reasons) as well as for all turns in this game.

Here is the turn sending order (note: it is different than the roster sign-up order!):
Loco
Piffle
Aloha
Innovia
Epsilon

So Team Loco, you will be receiving the save from Team Epsilon (team.epsilon AT gmail DOT com), and you will send it to Team Piffle (TeamPiffle AT gmail DOT com). Also send a copy to the admins! (emails are in the Team Info thread in the main forum). Please remember that you have 24 hours to play the save once you receive it unless you request an extension. Also, keep in mind that once you have played the save, to record it in the Turn Tracker / Save Info thread in the main MTDG forum.

When saving the turn, please use the default saving convention in game.

Without more talk, your starting location in the map courtesy by Sirian (be sure to thank him!) is attached.

Your password for the save is: lowcow

You are free to discuss this, as well as where you should explore, research, settle, etc., but remember: we will not send the starting save to you all until the current Ruleset poll in the main forum is done, so that's a bit of an incentive! ;)

Enjoy the game!

by RegentMan and Ginger_Ale, Administrators, with thanks to Sirian, Map Maker

Attachments

• team-loco-start.jpg
    team-loco-start.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 206
Well I'll start the discussion. I think that we've been given quite an alright starting spot and that we should begin by settling on the spot. The warrior should move north on to the hill to begin exploration.

Settle on the spot, yes, and any ideas for first tech? I do NOT want to go for a religion- the're only useful in the beginning for happyness (how do you spell that) and for getting other civs on your side.

Settle there.
Warrior North East.
First Tech must be Meditation,
we are a religious nation, take advantage of that.
Build ourselves a warrior.

I am the Future said:
Settle there.
Warrior North East.
First Tech must be Meditation,
we are a religious nation, take advantage of that.
Build ourselves a warrior.

Team Innovia is playing Saladin so they may have similar ideas about Meditation.
If we both go for it, who wins it will be dependent on our starting locations. I think we should go for it.

koondrad said:
Team Innovia is playing Saladin so they may have similar ideas about Meditation.
If we both go for it, who wins it will be dependent on our starting locations. I think we should go for it.
me too.

10 char

Yes, and since your the Executive Leader, it is your job to play the save and then send it to an admin(I think).

SO I would have to say that it makes the most sense to Settle there and send the Warrior Northand then go for meditation. That is if we dont get a lot of late opposition to it.

Correction: send it to the admins (RM and myself) and the next team (for you, it is Piffle, TeamPiffle AT gmail DOT com). You can see the Team Info thread in the main forum for all the email addresses.

i say settle the city on the spot then we get a habour so we can build boats plus the hill gives it a 20% defesne bouns

for the warroir lets try find a tribal village

Turn Log -
Settler settled in place.
- Starting building Warrior.​
Warrior moved north.
- Spotted wheat!​
- Spotted gold!​
Started research of Meditation.

Screenie:

Top Bottom