Turn 1-50

*facepalms* :lol:

The new turn has started so we can move in and meet WPC any time we want now. I think it would be prudent to wait until we've finalized our message to them, so we can send it off without delay.

I logged in the check the game (didn't move anything) and noticed a barb warrior two tiles to the SE of Terasvin. I think we should keep our next warrior to garrison the city.

Also, I would rather put the gold city NE of the gold to get the two eastern flood plains.

My main concern with a city NE of the Gold is that it would have no food resources in it's initial 9 tiles to help it grow onto the Gold. I'll try to test it out this weekend.

I took a zoomed in look at WPC's border, and I now think we should move Thunderfall 9 again. The tile 1N of the peak (7-7 from TF) appears to be water, so we can't continue moving that way. The tile 1N of the hill (8-8 from TF) appears to be another hill, so we wouldn't get visibility into the city. The only move left that makes sense is 9.

I think we should put all EP on WPC when we make contact. The fact that we have contacted another team is very valuable at this point and it should be controlled rather than given away for free.

Putting all of our espionage points on WPC would also help them along to assuming that we're located to the southwest of them. If we haven't met anyone else, our warriors should be coming from our home territory.

That said, deceiving them about the current situation isn't going to win us much trust from them. I still feel like, disguising our location is more valuable at this point, as we know very little about them, other than their hostile choice of leader/civ. If we do develop good relations with them though, we'll need to come clean on knowing other civs, and our starting location.

I think most teams would understand if we are careful at the start of a relationship, and hopefully not hold it against us. At any rate, discovering whether or not their intentions are peaceful should not take too long. Perhaps a week or so if we are lucky, depending on how quick they are to respond. I support being careful in the beginning, including putting espy weight on them for a few turns to be on the side of caution. If they are peaceful towards us, we can reveal more info and adjust the espy weight after we know more.

If we're planning to be sneaky we could move last, send the messages and end the turn. That way WPC should not have time to adjust their espy spending and we'd know whether they've met someone else already.

If we're planning to be sneaky we could move last, send the messages and end the turn. That way WPC should not have time to adjust their espy spending and we'd know whether they've met someone else already.

That is an excellent suggestion! Is it possible that they have spotted Thunderfall btw?

There is no way they can see Thunderfall unless they move a unit up next to him. They have logged back into the game since ending turn, so it's probably safe to assume they will continue to do so, like they did last turn. I wonder if they just met another team recently.

Very good, Aivo!

Also, if they had seen Thunderfall, we already been rewarded a contact with them.

We must choose which ones we prefer as allies. RB or WPC? I dont see why we would like very much being friends with RB, while being cautious and paranoid with WPC? I would very much like WPC as our allies than RB, as I think it will be easier to out-tech and out-growth WPC than RB. Also, WPC are of our "carpet" or our social origins - RB are the current ISDG champions and they will act as a power to be recognized. In imperial style if I can say :)

I saw some mistakes in the micro. Small ones, but annoying. Like Hush losing a turn climbing naked plain hill. Even if he was to lose a turn for going and building a road toward GoldCity (Sona in hindi means "Gold" and also "Repose" btw and is short nice sounding name), this lost turn should have been used to climb the forested hill - it gives the same road travel opportunity, while not wasting w hole move for any of our fastworkers later and we will want to get a worker and road there at some point anyway, right?

Ah, you're correct that would have been a better move. I noticed that error the turn I played it, and put a turn of work into a cottage on the grassland tile 1s of the plains hill, rather than wasting the turn moving. Then moved onto the plains hill the next turn to start the road. So we didn't totally waste it, but I don't think we're going to need a cottage at that location for quite a while, if at all. Glad we have an extra set of eyes on it for the future.

We must switch to Hunting this very turn. I am making some simulations the afternoon and everything fits perfect for now till Hunting, settling Mantra (after thinking a bit, Mantra is better name for the city which we want to be our Holy City. We are India after all, Hinduism belongs to us and Mantra is good sacral name for the Holy Hindu city. By naming it like this we are challenging our luck too :) ) then getting Hindu in Mantra. We still have backup if we miss Hindu of if it is found in Teras. The backup plan is we will have Stonehenge in Teras 4 turn after planting Mantra (yeah, I really like this name for our third city). Will post MM plan a bit later with pics.

After a bit more looking and testing, it does not necessary requires to switch to Hunting right away (we can put 2 turns in Hunting before we discover Polytheism anyway), and here comes the question I ask you guys for input - is it better to put beakers the next 2-3 turns in Poly, hoping someone we know - RB (or someone we will know - WPC, or other one hopefully?) will tech Hunting in the meanwhile so we get bonus for known civs knowing the tech? This make sense, but then, if we lose Hindu on say third turn from now, arent those beakers invested in Poly a net loss? Do we plan on finishing Poly anyway despite it wont give us a religion? Are we still aiming for religion trough Masonry to Mono? Arent Hunting and Animal Husbandry better way if we lose Hindu and will have SH for border pops?

Top Bottom