Turn 100 Win on Multiplayer Apollo/Quick - Espionage Is Fun!

BaronBeer

Chieftain
I wanted to share how, now that they won't bug out, Covert Agents/Ops are incredible in Beyond Earth. A Turn 100 win likely isn't Hall of Fame (is there such a thing in these forums for Beyond Earth yet?), but I thought I'd share regardless.

Game setup:
Apollo, Quick, 2 Humans as Team 1, 2 AIs for Team 2, and 2 AIs for Team 3.

My friend and I each chose to play as ARC, and each chose Artists. The first three Virtues were Growth for the free Colonist, then down the right side of Military for Special Service (+40% Intrigue from Covert Operations). We teched Ecology and then Computers, building our Spy Agency as quickly as we could. After that we teched randomly and without purpose as it didn't matter anymore. I was only producing 18 beakers per turn until turn 76+ where I got up to 35. Instead, we simply sent our agents to the same 3 enemy capitals and worked up to a Coup. We succeeded in 3 of our first 3 Coups by turn 76! The whole world declared war on us after this, but that also didn't matter.

What's funny is that the computer seemed uninterested in retaking their capitals, as only the Slavic Federation did so, though we easily retook control of their capital. The Kavithans and Polystralians never even tried to retake their capitals.

After this, we each transferred an Agent to the capitol of the last AI with a capitol, Fraco-Iberia, and set to spying. We failed 2 Coups in a row there before landing it on the 3rd round of attempts for a Turn 100 Victory.

I have to say that Covert Operations are my favorite thing in the game now. We didn't do a single quest to get bonus Agents, though if we did this again we would, and we won so fast I was surprised when it happened.

Moderator Action: Moved to Multiplayer

Top Bottom