1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 101 - 150

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by YossarianLives, Feb 13, 2013.

1. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

It's that time again. Discussion for our moves over the next 50 turns goes in this thread.

2. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

And to start the new cycle on a positive note, I'm happy to report that James Clerk Maxwell, our first Great Scientist, was just born on T101!

3. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Is it possible to have thumbnails for the pictures in the State of the Empire thread? I am finding that all the pictures are messing up my firefox.

4. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Not really, at least for old reports. And I know they are a lot of pictures and a lot of Megabytes to load, but this is the way we upload them at the Fast Worker. I never though a SPOILER tag will still try to load all pictures in it even if it is not opened. Thinking more on this, maybe if Tobias is around, we can ask him if it is possible the FastWorker to generates thumbnails of the screenshots and generates IMG tags pointing those thumbnails, which contain the PHPBB code for a picture being a link to the big screenshot. I think this is not much hassle. Will post in the FastWorker thread and hopefully Tobias will see it and have the time and goodwill to make it.

As a work-around, you can view the screenshots from the turn report directly from the FastWorker site itself. They are organized neat by turns numbers and are separated on turn reports and demographics.

5. whb

whb King

Can we turn a priest on somewhere so we get our shrine?

6. 2metraninja

I already gave my opinion on Great Prophet for shrine few turns ago. To sumarize: it could be nice, but not now. Some time, somehow.

7. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

How many beakers will we gain from the Indira Academy? I don't object at all, I am just curious. I would normally just log in and check that kind of thing myself, but I never asked for log in privileges... maybe I will go do that now.:)

8. 2metraninja

We got just bit over what I expected from the academy. 25 beakers per turn at 100%. Now we are shown as the second GNP with 160, while the best GNP at the moment is 162. RB's GNP is way more though. With Currency in and some 10 more cottages we will be about at par with their research power I expect.

9. Sommerswerd

We can't see RB demographics? Why?

10. 2metraninja

If I understand your question correct, the reason is that they are in saving money mode most probably, so they are not anymore GNP Rival best, so we cant see it.

11. Sommerswerd

12. 2metraninja

Played the turn, but did not settled the city. RB see our settler though. We need to get our message sent so we dont lose another turn without settling.

13. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

We need to come to an agreement. I suggest we make a poll on whether to mention the city or not, as I can't get a clear picture of what the sentiment is.

14. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

I can set up a poll, but what are we trying to decide, exactly? Whether to tell RB that we're settling the city, or whether we want to consider the B3 location in the case that RB refuses to gift us the stone?

I say settle the city and send Sommers' draft, with 2metra's revision, as compiled in my last post.

Also, why did we send those workers away from this area? Won't we need them to quickly finish the Rice farm and Wines improvement (plantation?).

15. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

What we are trying to decide is whether or not to mention the city RB settled or not, and that is the only thing I need a clarification on. Sommerswerd's draft is otherwise perfect.

16. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Meh. Don't need to. With the 2metra Amendment I think it's good enough.

17. 2metraninja

All the workers are in position to improve Rice in 1 turn. For this turn it is late to settle the city though. We will wait for the next turn. Let us send a short message (wrote one with slight different wording) and see what they will say.

18. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Oh right, of course! :blush:

And that is the only difference between Sommerswerd's original message and the revised one with 2metra's suggestion. So do we want to put up a poll for this?

19. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

In case this is still up for discussion:

I think we should settle B1. B3 is an untenable position since we lost the race to the spot South of the oasis.

20. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

B1 is preferable to B3 in all ways from my perspective. It is closer the stone which is not worth having that sandwiched city that will put us at odds with RB sooner.