1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 101 - 150

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by YossarianLives, Feb 13, 2013.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

One interesting thing is this is maybe the first turn in quite a while where just nothing worth to be in the game log happened. The log is just empty :)

2. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

We have screenshots at TFW! Nothing from T133-136, though, and I'm not to sure what was going on during those turns (except we completed Taj!), so I can't do the turn reports for that period. Should I just skip to the current turn we have pictures for, or did bistrita or 2metra think you would do short reports for the missing turns?

3. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

good news,we got a GE.And this from our neighbour

Attached Files:

4. 2metraninja

Both very very good news I can say :thumbsup:

5. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

That's awesome about the Engineer! Will we be bulbing Engineering for the road movement bonus plus Notre Dame, or using it for another GA? Personally I prefer the bulbing option.

If we go for Notre Dame, where would we build it? Any idea what our competition looks like?

6. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Just taking a look at the screenshots on TFW and I saw that we'll have a settler competing in a couple turns. What's the plan for him right now?

7. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

The Pigiron city is already founded yes?

8. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Yeah, Pigiron has already been settled.

Where are we putting our EPs, again? I seem to recall that they were back on SpAp, is that correct? Any clever plans for our spy or are we just using him to explore Spanish territory?

9. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

If there is only 1 Spy I would say his value is highest exploring and keeping tabs on their troop movements. I would be cautious about risking a Spy mission if we only have one. Exploring is alrady risky fo rhim.

10. 2metraninja

Very good job on all this diplomacy, Cal! :goodjob:

Now on the other variable of the winning equation - in-game actions.

Few times we were discussing a variant where we or Apolyton get Economics for the free GM and of course to deny it to RB.

We must check our chances to get that at all and if we are not able/willing to make a run for it, then to encourage/support Poly in doing so.

Or maybe the GM wont be good much at all and we must start preparing for active war earlier than expected? Like Poly getting Gunpowder for Janisaries?

11. 2metraninja

What are the chances we can be bothered with Economics in the same way we are sending our armies to crush the Spaniards?

12. vranasm

vranasm Deity

not sure I understand the question.... Economics is basically 1 tech after banking (would have to recheck prereqs) and we want banks....

economics is good for trade routes if we retain our trade routes partners and we're spiritual.

as for the janis... they are very good unit, but they have couple of drawbacks that come mainly from the point that their base unit is musketman.

the main one is they can't be promoted with CR and I think this makes maceman much better offensive option. They ignore walls/castles which I don't see in MP being good at all.

other drawback is they will replace maces in draft option if you get gunpowder, but not sure if poly plans to use nationalism.

edit:
    ok as it seems eco needs edu+banks... since we want both techs and I even saw bistrita wanted to burn 1 GS on Edu... I would say we're in good position to claim the economics GM...

13. 2metraninja

If we had a GM and made a mission, we could had the money so we could be able to try to get Economics and it's free GM. But now with low-odds Great Engineer and Great Scientist, we need to keep pacifism and caste if we want to have chances to get the free GM. But since we are preparing for war, I think we are not going to do that.

Now we switched to full merchants in Mantra in attempt to get a GM at low costs (as Bistrita said: "low odds loves us"). If we get a GM, then it is worth to try for Economics. If we get GS, then we go Edu- Printing Press path.

14. 2metraninja

About Janis and not been able to take CR, it is very rarely concern in MP. In MP wars are usually decided in the field.

15. 2metraninja

Well, well, well. New turn and new high mark for us. We just out-scored CivFR and we are at second position in score.

So far, so good ;)

Well done, team!

16. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Great news, congratulations!

The only downside is that we are even more natural RB's rival now. RB knows anyway, and I am sure these guys know that score is a very simplified measure of a civ's true power. But smaller civs may start to perceive us as one of the big dogs, rather than one of them, and in result be less likely to ally.

17. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

We will need to Education to get Economics anyway, so getting a GS is not that bad.

18. 2metraninja

Ended turn. Next turn we have Guilds already and we are starting to produce Knights. We might go for Theology/Theocracy. Another choice we must make is if we go for Nationalism or not. Alternative to Nationalism could be Vassalage. In any case, hold tight, Zulus, we are coming to get you.

19. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Sounds great! Based on your chats with bistrita, it sounded to me like Theo was going to be our best bet for the next tech, no? I'm thinking Vassalage might be better than Nat if we're not going to have to draft out an army of Maces for this war. Either way, Zulu should realize what's coming at them with our next civics switch.

Did WPC ever re-play their last turn? I noticed the turn flipped a few hours after the last post in the public thread stating that they still needed to re-play...

20. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

With setup teo will take 3 turns i would say lest go natiohood and slavery, police state and get us some units, but just when we are las to play so we dont give a warn to anyone at least for 1 turn.You know 1 turn its importsn CFC lost Taj at 1 turn.