1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 101 - 150

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by YossarianLives, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

Well done:goodjob: it seems the flower does not fall far from the tree (I know the saying is usually "apple" but since this is a lady we speak of, I think that an apple blossom is more appropriate;))

Speaking of apple blossoms... I just found out that my next child will be an apple blossom of my own (I only had boys so far).

As for espy, switch to SpAp. They are not watching espy, its obvious. With luck, we can get city visibility, which is tactical GOLD as 2metra can testify.

2. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Heeeyy Sommers! So you won the negotiations :D (not surprisingly ;) )

Congrats, buddy, wish you a healthy and happy new baby. And sons are sons, but daughter.. man.. daughter is different thing.. they are their father's weakness :)

3. 2metraninja

Played the turn. Killed the Impi by the Aivo's plan. Next turn we meet CivFR.

4. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Too late to speak up now, but I would have preferred going with your plan that would have given 6 gg points and XP to 2 cats and wouldn't have put our own units at risk.

5. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Ha me too.

6. 2metraninja

Quote from ATP mod:

:eek::crazyeye:

7. 2metraninja

We have 1 missioner in Indira. Where we send him to spread the word? In Abhi on the southern front? In Hansa on the North? Or we start diplomacy with WPC to send him to get them religion?

8. 2metraninja

MZ proposed us to sell their superpromoted chariot to us for 15 gold now and 20 gold after 10 turns. He mentioned semi-jokingly that Zulus may find it attractive too. Do we buy it?

9. 2metraninja

Also, what do we do from here? Do we put everything in army and conquer all Spaniards cities or we go after Aestethics/Literature for Epics and TGLib or we go Calendar or something else?

10. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

I would go after Spaniards - but this is mostly based on their being loose cannon, not any calculations.

11. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

I would say buy it. 35 gold isn't much for 1 happy which can be upgraded later to a highly promoted knight.

12. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Agreed

13. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Wait, I thought they were going to gift us the chariot? I'm kinda insulted by the shake down and threat of selling it to the Spanish instead. If we close borders will that kick them back where they came from or just push them towards the Spanish territory?

14. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Sorry guys, that was misinformation on my part. I went back and re-read the chat, and I have no idea where I got that they would be gifting it to us. 35 gold was the proposed price from the beginning, they're being generous letting us pay it in installments.

15. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Ah, then I think their offer is a good one and I am happy to purchase the chariot.

16. 2metraninja

Mentioning Spaniards MZ made with a :p emoticon while we were bargaining hard, more to give me food for thoughts, to which I told him he must be hurry with his offer to Spaniards, as they are almost at zero income and have only 150 gold in cash, to which he laughed. But you know, sometimes hard real life-facts are told with a grain of joke just to pass down the throat more easily and their meaning is not joke at all.
    And yes, they will be thrown in the nearest tile outside our territory - most probably in the desert between us and Spaniards.

As for buying the chariot, I am not sure and may say not now. We might need each and every coin in the next 4 turns. On the other hand, MZ told me he agree to only 15 gold now because this will give them their next tech 1 turn earlier. Which if we look at Apolyton as friendly team and good ally material, might be worth the money.

17. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

I think buying the Chariot is a sound investment. Sneaky fast movers with extra moves makes the difference between razing grand cities by surprise on the one hand and not even having any chance to get near the city on the other hand.

This I have learned well from General 2metra:)

18. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Things are looking very nice for India right now. Here are our T113 rankings in the most important categories of the game:

GNP #1
    Soldiers #1
    Food #2
    Mfg #3
    Pop #3

19. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Awesome! :clap:

20. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Guys, I'm really sorry. I logged into the game to take some pictures, and somehow managed to misclick our garrison Axeman out of Lana. It is now undefended and unhappy. The Spaniards are nowhere in sight, and we have units to move into Lana to get the happy back, but that could have been a devastating screw-up if the Spaniards were still in the area. I'll be more careful in the future.

Spoiler :

I also went ahead and proposed OB to CivFr.

Spoiler :