Turn 11, 3500 BC

Here is one example of a CxxC settlement pattern. If we think the game will last a long ways past hospitals then this is too close, but until then it should allow close to 12 tiles used per city.

If we build the green one on the other side of the river then it can share both the wheat and cow, but will overlap a bit more later on.

Attachments

• MTDG_Doughnut_BC3500_settlemap.jpg
    MTDG_Doughnut_BC3500_settlemap.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 116
Here is the CxxxC map which was suggested as the alternative with less (almost no) overlap.

Attachments

• MTDG_Doughnut_BC3500_settlemap2.jpg
    MTDG_Doughnut_BC3500_settlemap2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 84
I would prefer the cxxc option.....

Our second city would only be 3 tiles away by road so units could easily move back and forth between the capital and our second city. (Defense and MP implications)

We would be able to put more cities along the river maximizing our agricultural trait in the early game and it would be one less aquaduct we have to build in the future...

If this game makes it to hospitals I'll be extremely surprised

I must apologize for my absence... I've been distracted with other things and allowed myself to fall waaaay behind here! Wardance checking in and catching up.

As for the current situation, I like the CxxC option.

I think its Civ Assist II. Or at least my screens look kinda like that. You can find it in the Utilities forum, just make sure you grab the lastest one.

I thought so.

The Rules said:
Description: No team or individual is permitted to use the PBEM save games or other files to obtain information or alter any in-game element. This includes monitoring or altering memory while the game is loaded. Using MapStat or CivAssist II or such utilities is also prohibited.

DaveShack, until an amendment to the ruleset takes place (hint hint) please take off the Civ Assist II pictures. If you want to show an example of a CxxC city placement, put some dots on the screenie, or better yet, pop open the editor.

Top Bottom