1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 110 - 370 B.C.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Octavian X, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Sorry, there'll be no secure site updates for the moment. We're in the process of switching servers. :D

Military production was emphasized in many cities, and three spears (two in Shen Ling, one in Cha Ching) were upgraded. The new Shen Ling pikes are on their way to defend Yun Qiuling.

Please refer to the attached image as to why...

Attached Files:

2. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

:eek:

nuff said! Sorry, cant help you here...

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Blood Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    To what server are we moving to? :)

4. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

CDG, I think. I do believe that someone there offered space.

5. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Blood Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I know I would have to update my FTP thingy so I can Upload Pictures and update the site.

6. Cheetah

Cheetah Deity

Yikes!

We might have some trouble people! :(

Now or very soon would be a good time for Apolyton to attack!

7. croxis

croxis Chat room op

oh boy.......

8. Ankka

Ankka Deity

But aren't the only real problem the amy, as if pikes are good( I think the can easily win a Horse) then the only problem is the army. But what a mighty problem... :( Poly MUST attack!

9. Octavian X

This is what I want to do:

First, move in two swords, one that's already next to Yun Qiuling, and another that's in Jiang Mapi. Next, take two pikes out of Shen Ling and move them into Yun Qiuling as well. Then, pop rush a wall.

With that many units, we can hold the city. And, if we pop-rush the wall, the city will auto-raze if GCA takes it.

10. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

I agree with Octavian X, get as much units as we can in Yun Quiuling, and we must rush a wall, whatever it costs. We also need to redirect those swords away if they are still standing next turn.

11. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

We will win this :thumbsup:

12. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

PAIN!

13. Hygro

But it will be a good kind of pain, Nolodolodaldanonolandndan, because the DAMAGE will be done to GCA's large military.

14. deshelbr

deshelbr International Playboy

You hope that is their large military. For all we know that is just a small division of their large military.

15. Hygro

We are talking about 2 elite swordsmen, 3 veteran horsemen, and 2 two veteran swordsman ARMY. ARMY! How many more offensive troops could they actually have?

16. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

I think that as the GCA units advance on our territory, we should send whatever units we have near ChaChing to claim a defensive position on those mountains. I don't know if this is possible or not, but I would like to think we can do this as long as we remeber to protect ChaChing in the process. Hopefully we can catch GCA between waves and make it tougher for them to advance through the mountains next time out.

Now, what to do with the advancing forces? Octavian, I would like to see us pop-rush a Catapult in Yun Qiuling, as well as in the next city west. I personally cannot stand the pop-rush, but this is survival, people! I would recommend using this technique in as many cities as possible while we endure this huge threat.

The great thing about Catapults is their ability to take three shots at oncoming units. First, when one of their Swords land next to Yun Qiuling, we can cause HP damage by bombarding that unit on our turn. Then on their turn, if they are foolish enough to attack, our Catapult will automatically bombard to defend the city and hopefully cause more HP damage. Finally, should that unit still be around, we can use that Catapult to soften it up some more....or take on the next advancing unit. NOTE: since the GCA Horsemen will be attacking from the hills, this Catapult strategy will pretty much have the same effect.

This is why two Catapults will help us even more. This plan will hopefully give us at least a fighting chance in this upcoming battle. There is obviously a great argument for rushing walls, so if this does not interest anyone, I would at least like to see the one Catapult rushed.

Also, I would make sure that in the north, we put the Spearman on barb watch while we send the Swordman currently there to Yun Qiuling.

Finally, I would keep a Sword or some Horses near the open land NW of the mountains. If GCA troops start heading that way, our men will have road access to sweep down and pick off appproaching units.

Let's make sure we can stay a step ahead here, if that is possible. If we endure this attack successfully, we may get to stick around for awhile. Let's try to use our roads to the best advantage.

Please post here with any thoughts or concerns.

17. Octavian X

I still believe that a wall is the best thing to pop-rush out of Yun Qiuling. A fortified pike on a hill town with a wall has a defensive strength of 6.75. I think we can get a cat. out of Jiang Mapi and get it there on time, though.

Before we can get a good offensive force going, we need to deal with what clearly is a terrible threat. New units should keep those roads good, and hopefully pick off GCA units on the plains.

If worse comes to worse, and it looks like that the loss of Yun Qiuling will occur for sure, we should sue for peace. Remember, if the town falls, we're more or less screwed. Knowing of our current military situation, Apolyton is exetremely likely to attack within 7 to 10 turns. Such a short, unfair peace would be easy to endure if it ensured our surival.

18. Octavian X

19. Hygro

the trade advisor is WAY out of date.

20. Ankka

Ankka Deity

But, if a pike in a hill city with walls has a defence streght of over six, and the best of the GCA troops have an attack of three, shouldn't victory be quite sure? I mean, how many pikes do we have in Yun Qiuling? Three or four. Shouldn't that with the upcoming reinforcements be enough to win? I know I'm not a very good player or anything, just thinking...